Argentavis vs Manticore

Kawarriorking

I am looking for advice from someone who has defeated the Manticore recently with Argentavis (most info I find is 1-2 years old). I was wondering if the Argy is still a viable choice and if so what stats I should aim for when looking to solo the boss. Can they be used on Gamma, Beta and Alpha? Do you fight with 20ea x Argent or do you use a mix? I have a few boss level Argy, Vulture and am working on wyvern. Any info you can provide would be helpful, thank you!

Regarding wyvern, we go for 15k hp and rest in dmg.

I don't remember where, but a few weeks ago someone on this forum complained about manticore moving too fast now for argies to catch up. Never tried it myself. 

I would recommend a yuty no matter what you do, not only for buff/resistance, but also for reducing torpor inflicted by the manticore on your boss dinos. 

Gamma is possible. 19 and a yuti. The problem is the argies bugging and constantly trying to land instead of fighting. Takes forever. I have 1200 melee argies and sometimes it takes 18 minutes to down manticore. Before this bug could do gamma in 3 minutes. 

I haven't tried in a month or 2 so if bug is resolved then gamma and beta is easy with argies. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Last time I tried alpha with a Yuty and 19 Argies that had 10k hp, 1.4k% melee and 100-124 armor saddles, I lost the fight due to running out of time. Used to kill it in few minutes without trouble before v279.275 but the following change made them headless chickens:

- Improved Flyer AI so that they no longer do circles into the air when attacking each other

Would no longer recommend them for the Manticore; Wyverns are the way to go if you are solo, and Quetzals with miniguns are very effective if you have few tribemates participating in the fight.

• 3 weeks later...

Wyverns are very bugged too. They also land all the time and often stop using the special attack. Whistling to attack "this" target used to fix the latter, but not anymore, you have to either shoot Manticore repeatedly or ride a Wyvern yourself and attack it with. Having the flock on follow also seemed to make them land less when I tried on SP (but not sure if that is also the case on a server, haven't confirmed yet).

Funny how IMPROVING flyer AI makes them completely useless in the only case where you fully have to rely on it *facepalm*

Hello, I am a new forum member but an old ARK player. I defeated hard manticore about 60-70 times and I have never been killed yet. I can tell you, it is best to use 19 rex + jute on the mantire. Rex is enough with 30 k hp and the rest DMG + good saddle mc. You can force the manticore to land, but you must know how ... The biggest mistake that players do and what I observed was chasing her .... this is a mistake! because when she has agro and wants to land it, there is no place next to your rex and it flies away again. The best strategy is to set up all the rex in the center of the arena and wait until the manticore just goes out. Sometimes you have to chase jute, but you can quickly leave and give her a place to land. I hope it will help you. My record on hard manticore is 6 minutes of fight :) good luck

51 minutes ago, KANIER said:

Hello, I am a new forum member but an old ARK player. I defeated hard manticore about 60-70 times and I have never been killed yet. I can tell you, it is best to use 19 rex + jute on the mantire. Rex is enough with 30 k hp and the rest DMG + good saddle mc. You can force the manticore to land, but you must know how ... The biggest mistake that players do and what I observed was chasing her .... this is a mistake! because when she has agro and wants to land it, there is no place next to your rex and it flies away again. The best strategy is to set up all the rex in the center of the arena and wait until the manticore just goes out. Sometimes you have to chase jute, but you can quickly leave and give her a place to land. I hope it will help you. My record on hard manticore is 6 minutes of fight :) good luck

We set up in the center and don’t move the rexes. That’s the best strategy, but it’s still a crapshoot as to whether manticore will completely glitch out and never land. It’s so broken it’s ridiculous. Typical Wildcard though...

They’ll continue to ignore this stupid bug for 1-2 years and then act like heroes when they fix it. 

So sick of watching 1000 melee rexes die to a timer. We can beat aloha manticore with 18m HP 1000 melee and prim saddles. What we can’t beat is the timer when manticore refuses to land...

Similar experiences with rexes, tried the standing in centre method and waiting patiently for them to land. However you just sometimes get the AI refusing to find a location. 

Even if it does land, be prepared for it to fly again before your rexes have even reached manticore.

Lost a few sets of rexes myself. Now just given up bothering to do it at all.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:25 AM, flamron said:

I’m curious if multiple riders with light pets on their shoulders would help. They seem to aggro manticore nicely. And if a person is able to survive the barrage of shots they’ll take, it might. Maybe take in 5 high dura gas masks and good flak. 

Each light pet is one less attacking Dino

• 4 weeks later...

hello Kawarriorking,

I can ensure you that manticore can be defeat with Argentavis. Despite it takes a long time with a partner in the fight, if you do solo you can do it in only 10 mins (or less if you have luck). Me and my Co-lead have been doing Manticore fights only with argentavis and we only lost 1 fight (Alpha manticore). Even if is true that sometimes the argentavis lands but that happens the most if you are alone. If you are with a friend in the fight, this never happens because both are targeting the arges to manticore. Also, argentavis are easy to raise. For us, is the best option. Once again, even if the fight takes more as usual, I prefer that instead raise rexes and collect resourses for their expensives saddles.

If you want, i can give you more information. Also feel free to join us in NA PVE Official Scorched Earth 370 to see how we do it.

Do not hesitate to reply if you want more detailed info.

Arg.jpg

10 hours ago, bymateovv said:

hello Kawarriorking,

I can ensure you that manticore can be defeat with Argentavis. Despite it takes a long time with a partner in the fight, if you do solo you can do it in only 10 mins (or less if you have luck). Me and my Co-lead have been doing Manticore fights only with argentavis and we only lost 1 fight (Alpha manticore). Even if is true that sometimes the argentavis lands but that happens the most if you are alone. If you are with a friend in the fight, this never happens because both are targeting the arges to manticore. Also, argentavis are easy to raise. For us, is the best option. Once again, even if the fight takes more as usual, I prefer that instead raise rexes and collect resourses for their expensives saddles.

If you want, i can give you more information. Also feel free to join us in NA PVE Official Scorched Earth 370 to see how we do it.

Do you mind show us your argent stats that have done alpha level?

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, KrakenOverlord said:

you can take these in? What about bronto or paracer on maps that don't let flyers in the boss fights?

Brontos and Paracers cannot go into any arenas. They used to, tho. I remember bringing a paracer with a cooking pot on its back to summon the dodorex in the broodmother fight. ?

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, bymateovv said:

hello Kawarriorking,

What stats on the argys?

• 1 month later...

Archived