breeding Need help for breeding for Island Bosses

DarkFrost

Recently, I have started breeding boss spinos, and I have encountered a problem. I have many Spinoza and I am trying to combine their best stats into a single one but most of the time the weaker stat gets inherited. I need to hatch more eggs, but all my females keep getting 2 day cool down and stuff and the relatively low chance of breeding makes it impossible as I need to hatch HUNDREDS of eggs but if I try to get that many eggs, it will take the better part of the year (200 days).

I need help to figure out how to get started in breeding as the cooldown makes the process very slow. I have seen many tribes hatch hundreds of eggs at a time on official and I was wondering how they can get this many eggs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

(Official PVP)

spino not the best boss dino but nonetheless, there's a 70% chance the higher stats get inherited. mega tribes have 20+ females they mate every other day, when the cooldown ends. the goal is to get your best stats on a male, then you can breed it with even lvl 5 females, as long as the eggs keep popping. 

seriously though, rex and theri are better and both are common on the island.

56 minutes ago, DarkFrost said:

Yea but how come everyone else has like 50 - 100 eggs they hatch?

Usually I get low cool down but I also save the better statted females and then mass breed them with the male who's stats I want or vice versa. I breed them up constantly for a week or two and then hatch them all at once, usually 20-30 eggs at a time

56 minutes ago, IrishAlexis said:

Do you have a male with your best stats? 

Tame females, breed the males with the tamed, non mutated females. 

Also the more females you have the more eggs you can breed/hatch at a time. Just be sure to keep breeding every time the timers are available.

43 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

spino not the best boss dino but nonetheless, there's a 70% chance the higher stats get inherited. mega tribes have 20+ females they mate every other day, when the cooldown ends. the goal is to get your best stats on a male, then you can breed it with even lvl 5 females, as long as the eggs keep popping. 

seriously though, rex and theri are better and both are common on the island.

Thanks for the help! But won't the weaker stats from the females transfer over too?

To the best of my knowledge and Dododex stats, spinos do more DPS than rexes but are slightly less "healthy". So I didn't feel the need for rexes.

I've personally never seen someone use a boss spino team but not to say it can't be done. Someone here may have experience with that.

As far as stats, there is always the chance any particular egg will inherit the lower stat. I personally kill any babies born without the higher stat I'm looking for. The goal is to get breeding pair's of high stat dinos. Once both parents have the stats,  their eggs will be 100% for that stat. 

What are your spino stats right now? How high can you level them? 

3 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

I already tested Spinos on the boss. It does not pay. Spino's saddle is too expensive for Rex's saddle. Another thing ... Wild Spino does not have max 5K HP, a rex is possible to find from 8k to 10K wild. A spino can reach 7K or 8K HP ... a Rex can reach 17K at 20K HP. Actually, Rex are better.

Thx for testing it. Will breed rexes. Only needed tips for breeding but this will be a great help.

I got a wild 150 Rex with 11880 hp and mated it with a 384 melee Rex till I had 2 young, male and female with the exact same stats and both high stats. Then I found one with 2400 stam and mated that into the high hp and dmg. Now I have mutated the dmg twice and the hp once. Plus several others with color mutations and varying stat mutations but mixed up mutation scores so they are off to the side. Currently waiting for my male with the hp and two dmg muts to mature to start breeding him with my 7 females however I may throw a few more pens up to get some more females around to produce more eggs. I do have some questions for an experienced breeder though. As I have a few Rex’s with color mutations that also got another stam stat. I’m wondering if it’s worth trying to get it into the bloodline or just keep at it with what I’ve got. Also curious how to get the colors into my main line once I’ve reached stats I want to continuously produce without screwing up mut score. If possible. 

4 hours ago, Ibsmokin said:

I got a wild 150 Rex with 11880 hp and mated it with a 384 melee Rex till I had 2 young, male and female with the exact same stats and both high stats. Then I found one with 2400 stam and mated that into the high hp and dmg. Now I have mutated the dmg twice and the hp once. Plus several others with color mutations and varying stat mutations but mixed up mutation scores so they are off to the side. Currently waiting for my male with the hp and two dmg muts to mature to start breeding him with my 7 females however I may throw a few more pens up to get some more females around to produce more eggs. I do have some questions for an experienced breeder though. As I have a few Rex’s with color mutations that also got another stam stat. I’m wondering if it’s worth trying to get it into the bloodline or just keep at it with what I’ve got. Also curious how to get the colors into my main line once I’ve reached stats I want to continuously produce without screwing up mut score. If possible. 

u can add in dino coloring to ur line without mutations by using event dinos. also the coloring from event dinos are much better than color mutations

When attempting to breed your best stats into a dino I would highly recommend starting with your two primary stats, health and melee. Get one a male and one on a female. Then breed them together until you have around 10 eggs. Hatch them all at once and then keep a male and female.

Next, repeat the same sequence with two additional stats such as stamina and food. 

Finally, get a male/female of the health and melee and a male/female of the stamina and food then breed them together until you get a male/female with all four stats on them. 

You may consider adding your final stats to you new dinos with your four best stats at this point. Or just start breeding your new male and female together with the four best stats and collect again, around 10 eggs. Hatch all of them at once then only keep the female so it's easier to obtain the eggs. Continue breeding for your boss dinos from this point.

Though like others have previously stated spino's aren't worth the time investment compared to others. 

For bosses: 

All Bosses - Yuty (for their courage buff)

Brood Mother - Megnatherium's  (For their damage bonus to insects as well as their buff after they kill an insect) - You may also consider supplementing an Allo pack for their bleed

Note: A Deadon is not needed for any boss fight so long as appropriate dinos are used and have good saddles. 

22 hours ago, DarkFrost said:

Thx for testing it. Will breed rexes. Only needed tips for breeding but this will be a great help.

Think the most important thing you need to ask your self, what boss are you planing to hit?

Rexes are only good for Monkey, you dont need crazy stats to defeat medium ape, a group of 15 rexes with a pool of 15K HP and 600 melee + saddle with 80 armor, just some decent ones with decent saddle and a tammed yuty.

Broodmother is very easy with megatheriums, this are the best to breed, easy to feed with berry or meat, double imprint and got xtra buff with the small spiders, 5 players ridding slots with 12K HP and 600 melee + 70 armor saddle will be able to hit medium broodmother.

Dragon is easy if you combine dinos and shotguns, small hervibores with veggie cakes and big carnivores to fight the flyers, shotguns need dmg of 200+ to defeat medium dragon + some high dura flak and med brews to keep your toon alive.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, McKay said:

When attempting to breed your best stats into a dino I would highly recommend starting with your two primary stats, health and melee. Get one a male and one on a female. Then breed them together until you have around 10 eggs. Hatch them all at once and then keep a male and female.

Next, repeat the same sequence with two additional stats such as stamina and food. 

Finally, get a male/female of the health and melee and a male/female of the stamina and food then breed them together until you get a male/female with all four stats on them. 

You may consider adding your final stats to you new dinos with your four best stats at this point. Or just start breeding your new male and female together with the four best stats and collect again, around 10 eggs. Hatch all of them at once then only keep the female so it's easier to obtain the eggs. Continue breeding for your boss dinos from this point.

Though like others have previously stated spino's aren't worth the time investment compared to others. 

For bosses: 

All Bosses - Yuty (for their courage buff)

Brood Mother - Megnatherium's  (For their damage bonus to insects as well as their buff after they kill an insect) - You may also consider supplementing an Allo pack for their bleed

Note: A Deadon is not needed for any boss fight so long as appropriate dinos are used and have good saddles. 

Or focus your efforts on creating Rex. They are versatile, can go on any boss, and are the best dinos for this purpose.

Of course Yutiranus is indispensable.

23 hours ago, Woodsman said:

Really how can this be?

ascendant spino saddles is super easy to make compared to ascendant rex saddles. spino saddles doesnt even require any metal

Rex saddle = Metal, Fiber and Hide.

Spino's Saddle = Hide, Fiber, Pearl, Cement.

Pearl and Cement are specific farms. Time consuming.

Metal (used in rex saddle) is a feature found in abundance on maps, mainly in Aberration (only transfer after)

2 hours ago, arrojado1200 said:

Or focus your efforts on creating Rex. They are versatile, can go on any boss, and are the best dinos for this purpose.

Of course Yutiranus is indispensable.

Actually, Theriz are the best all around boss dino. They do just as well as rexs (sometimes better due to hitbox size) on all rex bosses, plus you can also use them for every boss. The reason people use rexs mostly is because on official theres a tonne of good rex lines. 

Archived