Curious what is the highest MD everyone has seen for Ankylosaurus?

MeowMaggs

• MeowMaggs changed the title to Curious what is the highest MD everyone has seen for Ankylosaurus?
Guest DJRone89

1100 on officials, before level 150 dinos came out.

Many of you newbs aren’t aware of the great dino nerf where every single dino was nerfed for health and melee dramatically. The nerf was needed though, back then the dinos were 5x stronger.

I cant believe that. I'm on Ps4 and its been a while since i've been on officials, but the highest dmg boss rex back then had 430-450 %. That was with mutations . And people bred rexes like maniacs for mutations. Everyone did. Not many ppl bred ankys. 

Personally i've been taming dinos since ps4 release and has never gotten higher dmg than 366.9%. I must've tamed over 1000 lvl 130+ dinos and it never gets higher than 366.9%

1 hour ago, BaldBudgie said:

I cant believe that. I'm on Ps4 and its been a while since i've been on officials, but the highest dmg boss rex back then had 430-450 %. That was with mutations . And people bred rexes like maniacs for mutations. Everyone did. Not many ppl bred ankys. 

Personally i've been taming dinos since ps4 release and has never gotten higher dmg than 366.9%. I must've tamed over 1000 lvl 130+ dinos and it never gets higher than 366.9%

My first 145 anky tame on new official stood up with 404 melee so yeah you have been very unlucky!

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

There's some weird bugs in ark and unless you're all full of poop, my ps4 Ark must be bugged.

Allo pretame dmg 270% = 366,9%

Dire bear 245% = 366,9%

Rex 220% = 366,9%

Megalosaurus 230% = 366,9%

Alot of other tames ending on 366,9 as well.

That just means you rolled 41 pts melee for all of them. You certainly can get higher. I just recently rolled 59 pts (472.8%) from a 40 pts (300%) wild Tek Rex. Also have 419.8% regular Rex without mutation and 416.3% Anky. You just have to keep downing and taming them and you will eventually get better stats. You sounds like Jim Carry... ?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, lordbufu said:

Those stats considering its bred would have to be a lvl 239 dino (with the 83% imprinting shown) according to the smart breeding app on official settings, so something seems a bit fishy there.

no its ok.

ank (Aberrant Ankylosaurus, Lvl 220, Female): HP: 2956.9 (17); St: 647.5 (27); Ox: 540 (26); Fo: 13455 (29); We: 380 (26); Dm: 504.5% (63); Sp: 135% (31); To: 5939.3 (219);

27 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

no its ok.

ank (Aberrant Ankylosaurus, Lvl 220, Female): HP: 2956.9 (17); St: 647.5 (27); Ox: 540 (26); Fo: 13455 (29); We: 380 (26); Dm: 504.5% (63); Sp: 135% (31); To: 5939.3 (219);

Yeah that actually makes sense now, i blame my fat fingers, it really did show 239 when i posted that for some odd reason i even double checked the values proll added some speed by accident ?

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

That just means you rolled 41 pts melee for all of them. You certainly can get higher. I just recently rolled 59 pts (472.8%) from a 40 pts (300%) wild Tek Rex. Also have 419.8% regular Rex without mutation and 416.3% Anky. You just have to keep downing and taming them and you will eventually get better stats. You sounds like Jim Carry... ?

Hide contents

Listen. I've been playing since ps4 release! I've been taming like a maniac since then, just ask my tribemates! I was "the tamer" of our alpha tribe, i was the first to tame a tuso on our official server. I'm not a noob. But they always end on max 366,9%. For real its making me Jim Carry crazy! ? is anyone on ps4 here? Maybe its a ps4 thing

• Volunteer Moderator
55 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

Also how can you calculate the total points from his anky without having the before tame and after tame stats? Afaik wild lvls gives a fixed amount to a lvl and tamed lvl gives a %. Therefor you could achieve the same stats with a different amount of points depending on how they're destributed wild and tamed.

This is not how it works. The bonuses are applied after the bonus levels from taming are distributed. Let's say you down a wild Anky that have 250% melee. You know that this is 30 points because it have 100% base and each point increase by 5%; (250 - 100) / 5 = 30 points. Now let's say that it rolled 15 extra points into melee post-tame for a total of 45 points. Without the bonuses, 45 points is 100 + (45 * 5) = 325%. An Anky receive 14% flat bonus into melee when it is tamed so you are at 339%. Then it receive an extra bonus multiplier of 17.6%. So 339 * 1.176 = 398.664% rounded to 398.7%. The multiplier bonuses are affected by the taming effectiveness meaning that if you would have tamed 45 points into melee with 50% effectiveness, you would only have received 339 * 1.088 = 368.832 rounded to 368.8%, etc. The game doesn't give you the points, but there are some software around that test the possibilities based on the data available in the DevKit which are able to extract the points of tamed creatures based on the data you feed them. Smart Breeder is a popular one that you should definitely check out. Anyways, sorry for the wall of text and sorry if that is not clear; I'm bad to explain things.

42 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is not how it works. The bonuses are applied after the bonus levels from taming are distributed. Let's say you down a wild Anky that have 250% melee. You know that this is 30 points because it have 100% base and each point increase by 5%; (250 - 100) / 5 = 30 points. Now let's say that it rolled 15 extra points into melee post-tame for a total of 45 points. Without the bonuses, 45 points is 100 + (45 * 5) = 325%. An Anky receive 14% flat bonus into melee when it is tamed so you are at 339%. Then it receive an extra bonus multiplier of 17.6%. So 339 * 1.176 = 398.664% rounded to 398.7%. The multiplier bonuses are affected by the taming effectiveness meaning that if you would have tamed 45 points into melee with 50% effectiveness, you would only have received 339 * 1.088 = 368.832 rounded to 368.8%, etc. The game doesn't give you the points, but there are some software around that test the possibilities based on the data available in the DevKit which are able to extract the points of tamed creatures based on the data you feed them. Smart Breeder is a popular one that you should definitely check out. Anyways, sorry for the wall of text and sorry if that is not clear; I'm bad to explain things.

How or when do I start being able to "like" people's posts? Loved this comment. Broke it down really simple with equations to boot. Thank you for this.

Also agree, Smart Breeder is an amazing and very useful tool when breeding dinos or if you just want to catalog them! ?

20 minutes ago, Mizznubcakezxo said:

How or when do I start being able to "like" people's posts? Loved this comment. Broke it down really simple with equations to boot. Thank you for this.

Also agree, Smart Breeder is an amazing and very useful tool when breeding dinos or if you just want to catalog them! ?

Your close, if i recall correctly it started for me when i hit he 10 posts mark.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. Took a screenshot to keep on my phone. Never speculated in points, but in values, because I thought it was pointless.?

But points will make it so much easier to decide the value of a dinos other skills than melee.

Archived