Is it pointless to Lvl your Ankies past a certain Melee Damage?

MeowMaggs

This has been a huge debate since legacy. Some argue anything over 800+ is a waste. Some say anything over 1,000+ truth is, there is no real way to figure this out accurately. It would make sense WC would make it higher melee would mean more metal. Their coding doesnt always make sense though.

this would require many hours of testing on hundreds of metal nodes to average out the numbers. Even then the data would not be 100% because all nodes spawn with random stats.

On 1x higher melee is useful no matter what, even for killing alphas or other hostile dinos that attack while farming. On 2x you start to see certain nodes give the same capped metal.

The way I see it, what other stat would be useful to lvl pts in? Sure you have weight, but even with a high base weight anky you still wont be able to move around much without a argy or quetz.

Not to mention, ankys movement is horrible.

I have 2 sets of Ankys for farming on the official isolated I play on - all are 100% imprinted to me, which helps a lot, 1 set get levelled to between 650 & 700 melee with the rest of the levels in health (they hatch at 422.2 melee) - these will typically be 13-1500 weight by the time they're close to fully leveled, the other set get levelled only on melee - 1000+ when levelled. There's not a huge difference in the quantity of metal harvested by either set, but the high damage ones 1 shot any metal node whereas the 650-700 melee ones need 2 hits on the occasional rich node. If I were to put a figure on the harvest difference I'd guess it's 5% more on the high damage ones.

Mixed stat ones are for solo farming with anky & argent, pure melee ones are for farming with a tribemate using anky & quetz.

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

If it's quetzal carry farming, then there is no point in putting stats into speed or weight, as the thing will be carried around, thus might as well go full melee.

This is the only true definitive answer.

Even solo you can negate weight if you truley want maximum return. Just get used to dropping anky on metal nodes instead of walking to them. Personally.. not worth it. Pain in the ass

20 hours ago, MeowMaggs said:

I have heard some people saying that Lvling your ankies past 500 MD does nothing for metal farming and it is just wasted points, I was just curious if there was more information on this? Thanks!

I find past 450 you seem to lose for example, I get to hits on a bright gold node roughly get about 350ish but when I took damage to 600 I was one hitting node but bright gold node was averaging 210, the only thing I did notice high level ank gets a lot more flint than a 450 does though

10 hours ago, Demerus said:

This has been a huge debate since legacy. Some argue anything over 800+ is a waste. Some say anything over 1,000+ truth is, there is no real way to figure this out accurately. It would make sense WC would make it higher melee would mean more metal. Their coding doesnt always make sense though.

this would require many hours of testing on hundreds of metal nodes to average out the numbers. Even then the data would not be 100% because all nodes spawn with random stats.

On 1x higher melee is useful no matter what, even for killing alphas or other hostile dinos that attack while farming. On 2x you start to see certain nodes give the same capped metal.

The way I see it, what other stat would be useful to lvl pts in? Sure you have weight, but even with a high base weight anky you still wont be able to move around much without a argy or quetz.

Not to mention, ankys movement is horrible.

Yeh we plan to test it out a bit this weekend on AB to see if our 500vs our 900 MD ones make a huge difference or not such a huge difference. Feel like it won't be too hard to tell by doing that.

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

This is the only true definitive answer.

Even solo you can negate weight if you truley want maximum return. Just get used to dropping anky on metal nodes instead of walking to them. Personally.. not worth it. Pain in the ass

You can also do it with a crab and throw the anky and that works really well !

Archived