Community Crunch 145 & ARK Digest 53!

Jen

6 hours ago, Gravex said:

That won’t happen because to them fixing stuff isn’t profitable , once extinction comes out I won’t be surprised to see an even bigger decline when it comes to maintenance for ark. 

tbh I don't expect anything to happen anymore after Extinction release. It's the last DLC, then the game is "finished" and they're already working on a new one so...

1 hour ago, Eanaya said:

tbh I don't expect anything to happen anymore after Extinction release. It's the last DLC, then the game is "finished" and they're already working on a new one so...

Yeah your most likely right , and unfortunately even with the development hell that is ark people are still going to buy their new game , although I think dark and light is being developed by WC and that game isn’t doing to well so that’s pretty funny 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Gravex said:

Yeah your most likely right , and unfortunately even with the development hell that is ark people are still going to buy their new game , although I think dark and light is being developed by WC and that game isn’t doing to well so that’s pretty funny 

Dark & Light was not developed by WC.

Structures+ was first mention in Ark Digest 47 (Aug 4, 2017). Nothing has been added since. Even adding upsidedown sloped triangle pieces and the building options from primitive+ would be a big improvement.

I do understand we have paid for the game and there does need to be money to support adding in many more changes. I would definitely be on board for a series of small paid dlcs if that’s what it takes.

Not everything needs to be done at once, just slowly add things here and there. A small building pack dlc or something as PS4 has no mod support would be a huge improvement.

Large building pieces would break pvp, but would add great rendering improvements to pve. Possibly making them on PVE only servers or as a private server option would be amazing. Also option to covert past structures to 1 bigger piece and ramps to stairs.

Adding a cheaper dye pack dlc to give all the colour ids as dyes would be great.

For events, maybe have an option to only add event Dino colours on private servers for a 2nd event.

The hatchery really does take all the work out of hatching. Besides what would I do with my wall of 30+ Ac units?

I do hope something is done. I really do love Ark and would love to see more support as there are no other options for ps4

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Modded and custom gameplay can make the game really fun. But I wouldn't reinstall for vanilla gameplay.

Been there, done that. It only delayed getting bored of ARK's grindy gameplay loop, which is taming, building, breeding what you want, doing some dungeon exploring here and there and then you have nothing else to do. Mind you I don't feel like making ARK a job to defeat bosses.

10 hours ago, Gravex said:

Looking at their track record with their other dlcs it probably won’t be , they also don’t care if people get pissed , they already got our money so why would they ? 

Can't tell until time passes by.

10 hours ago, AstrihKonnash said:

Would love to see more info about the cryo pod and if (great hopes here) it will help about dino cap on PvE (storing dinos in "pokeballs" thus opening cap - and worried because heard they got a spoil timer)

Cryopod freezes dino into a solid ice cube, from what I heard. They have an expiry timer, and in the case of PvP or looters from PvE, can get stolen by them if you are not careful enough.

8 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

This has got to be the saddest Digest yet. So few questions answered and none of the big ones got any answer besides "later, dude".

Digest doesn't answer 100 question at one go. Can't expect them to answer everything everything, even the bigger one at concern.

6 hours ago, GP said:

That's very true, would be good if that sort of thing is taken into consideration, would definitely be a QoL improvement.

Assuming they would take Hatchery into consideration of being implemented when they do get towards S+ (probably never), which I highly doubt it.

4 hours ago, Grognek said:

Can we get a breeding event to this weekend? thank you! 

...we just had one two weekends ago. You missed it, and it won't return for quite some time.

• Thanks 1

I asked another question before I asked about if there would be another “Fear Evolved.” I asked about if there will be a Finnish to Scorthed Earth. As of right now it’s lacking content and doesn’t have an ending So far SE is the only OFFICIAL ark map that does not have an end and is not complete. I would love to see the SE map be expanded and have more content. I think more people will play SE and have a fun time doing so. SE is my favorite map I would love to see them expanded the map add more caves as well as another mini boss other than the manticore and add more storyline to the map.

Survivor BrokenRealm asks, “Will there be another Ark: Fear Evolved?”

We like creating new and interesting events for our players. Unfortunately, most of our effort at that time will be focused on ensuring a smooth and enjoyable launch for Extinction. Doing a Halloween event and wrapping the expansion at the same time would have a negative impact on both, so we’ll be skipping Halloween this year. 

Buuuut buuut.. It's Halloween!!! :Jerbcry:

18 hours ago, GP said:

There has actually been no confirmation to confirm or deny that WC are making whatever Atlas turns out to be.

There are also no proper evidence either. I couldn't find anything in Google that relates to it other than forums commenting about the game. Not even any information from the "leaked trailer" for the game either who made the game.

13 hours ago, Vaculity said:

There are also no proper evidence either. I couldn't find anything in Google that relates to it other than forums commenting about the game. Not even any information from the "leaked trailer" for the game either who made the game.

Its not hard proof but the ATLAS leaked trailer was posted on Studio Wildcards youtube channel was was taken down mere minutes later. Kinda interesting ? prolly why console isnt getting S+ lol. You can check it out here.  https://www.gaminginstincts.com/atlas-trailer-leaked/

On 8/21/2018 at 2:40 AM, GP said:

This would break the hatching function of the base game. What would the point be in having the hot/cold issue during incubation if the hatchery negates all that. The automated egg collection I agree with, but I doubt they will want the function of the hatchery in the base game.

I would love a high level tame to help with baby raising and/or egg collection.

Give it a low weight so you have to be strategic about what eggs it collects... I.E. it could collect 30 dodo eggs before being overweight, but only 2 giga eggs.

And for baby raising, maybe have it feed babies automatically, but at the expense of lower stats since the baby has "bonded" with the feeder.

6 hours ago, violetfox3113 said:

where can we post questions for the digest? im just wondering if bugs,boas,bats,and other non breedable creatures will ever become breedable on consoles.

"If you have a question you want answered by the ARK dev team please submit your questions with the Subject "ARK Q&A" to our email address: arkfans@studiowildcard.com"