Community Crunch 145 & ARK Digest 53!

Jen

Guest DJRone89

Not at all suprised ablut the kibble rework getting completely neglected, “we’ll be working on the kibble rework parallel to the dino TLC”. That was just a straight up lie to keep us quiet.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, rile said:

All i want from S+ is the hatchery, I do hope they include that into the game at some point. Egg collection when you're not online would be so useful when you cannot play for hours at a time.

This would break the hatching function of the base game. What would the point be in having the hot/cold issue during incubation if the hatchery negates all that. The automated egg collection I agree with, but I doubt they will want the function of the hatchery in the base game.

ofc no word about PvE tame cap and how it's going to be adressed. Lame. I wonder how many asked about that?
S+ coming "some time" after Extinction - when was it first announced, like 9 months ago? Can't you just keep announcements like this to yourself until you actually know how and what - and when - instead of making everyone excited and then not talk about it anymore for a year? Or at least keep the community updated, even if it's only bimonthly. Just so we know it's still a thing and wasn't "forgotten".

In all honesty, all i can see is an awful lot of "Maybe after Extinction" when it comes to fixing things. Whilst I understand you want the expansion released on time no doubt your publishers have you under the thumb to doso. However, there are still so many broken mechanics and immersion breaking bugs that still linger from before official release.

Are these going to get fixed or are you going off on some other tangent regarding other potential games(Atlas/Pixark)?

7 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Kiiinda disappointed there won't be Fear Evolved, but Extinction had better be worth that skip unlike Aberration's constant undermesh, or people will be pissed af.

Looking at their track record with their other dlcs it probably won’t be , they also don’t care if people get pissed , they already got our money so why would they ? 

2 hours ago, retrojoe said:

In all honesty, all i can see is an awful lot of "Maybe after Extinction" when it comes to fixing things. Whilst I understand you want the expansion released on time no doubt your publishers have you under the thumb to doso. However, there are still so many broken mechanics and immersion breaking bugs that still linger from before official release.

Are these going to get fixed or are you going off on some other tangent regarding other potential games(Atlas/Pixark)?

Why would they? After extinction they have no obligation to fix things. Fixing bugs is not profitable to them but a new game is.  Although their dark and light ark ripoff isn’t doing all they well so who knows lol 

14 hours ago, Redprince said:

Hey guys can u stop worrying about adding stuff and worry about makeing the game actually run i get so many lag spikes fron bases and weird load areas y dont u make walls load as 1 for everyone conected or let us turn the grapics as low as mobile or somthing u guys worry more about adding content than fixing content what about the rag glich where u phaze through slopes or the lag and lose stam while lagging glich or the i can build bases inside of moutains if i turn graphics on lowest and lag through a wall or maybe the biggest glich of them all the 60f is nearly impossible ive seen bigger games with better optimization so i know its not impossible plz fix ur game

That won’t happen because to them fixing stuff isn’t profitable , once extinction comes out I won’t be surprised to see an even bigger decline when it comes to maintenance for ark. 

I want to report character loss I was transferring my character from 182 to the server 47 and the character disappeared I made the transfer through my trasmiter to the server 47 and my character disappeared I can not log anymore in my bases game on several servers on the server 182pve I'm creating 2 qzal and 2 gigantosauros (giga) and I was giving inprints at the right time for min I got the giganotosauoros gigas with 100% of inprint more now how do I do this if I do not think my character my dinos can die until I will not accept that  id live hug edson  id ark  thug

10 hours ago, ElevenGuide7789 said:

os dinossauros irão sumir?

Porque a cada dlc tem mais criaturas míticas e exoticase e menos dinossauros.

Não acredito que os dinos vão sumir, mas mais dinos vão com certeza comprometer o cap no PvE
(e aqui o pessoal escreve em Ingles, vc não espera que eles venham entender o que escrevemos)

*translating*

"The dinos will vanish?

Because with each dlc there are more mythical and exotic creatures and less dinos."

I don't believe the dinos will vanish, but more dinos will certainly mess the PvE cap

(and here everyone write in English, you can't expect they will understand what we write)

Have you really decided not to continue the TLC of the remaining creatures, i would really like to know if you'll keep developing it? This was one of the things i was most excited about, to see the progress of the game implemented to make everything look more consistent across all dinos. The parasaurolophus was was a dissapointment, and now seeing some get the revamp and some don't, it just seems like a half baked idea, it feels imcomplete.

5 hours ago, Eanaya said:

ofc no word about PvE tame cap and how it's going to be adressed. Lame. I wonder how many asked about that?
S+ coming "some time" after Extinction - when was it first announced, like 9 months ago? Can't you just keep announcements like this to yourself until you actually know how and what - and when - instead of making everyone excited and then not talk about it anymore for a year? Or at least keep the community updated, even if it's only bimonthly. Just so we know it's still a thing and wasn't "forgotten".

Its all about the $$$...everyone who is wanting S+ and Quality of Life improvements have already spent their money on the game. They could care less if you are happy with the game right now. They would rather dangle a fresh new paid DLC and gamepass in your face and over hype it in the hopes you put more money in their pockets. I for one have moved on to other games and will not return until i see some sort of S+ implementation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GP said:

This would break the hatching function of the base game. What would the point be in having the hot/cold issue during incubation if the hatchery negates all that. The automated egg collection I agree with, but I doubt they will want the function of the hatchery in the base game.

S+ hatchery has a setting for incubation multiplier, so my guess is that incubation could be turned off. Making the only function of the s+ hatchery to pickup fertilized eggs.

Edited by Aylana314159
  • Like 1

Onl

It baffles me that after almost a year since the announcement of S+ integrationto the main game WC has still no clue what features they want to take from mod and add it to the game. It was really cynical to bring that mod up during "awsome" Abberation delay announcement and did literarly nothing for S+ implementation for months. It feels like WC only told that to lessen people's anger. Stop announcing stuff and do nothing with it for months. 

What's more now I can see you're preparing us for cancelation of the kibble rework which is one of THE MOST requested Quality of Life update. It doesn't matter you had spent lots of time of current the kibble tree when it's the source of many issues within the game such as: overpopulation, lower server tick rates uneccessary and tedious grind (players are literarly forced to tame useless animals to get eggs for animals they want, thus useless dinosaurs just stand and do nothing forever). There are many mods that do taming much better than your system. 

I look at the forum from time to time to figure out if it's worth installing 120GB+ of this game again. So far it's still not worth it. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

S+ hatchery has a setting for incubation multiplier, so my guess is that incubation could be turned off. Making the only function of the s+ hatchery to pickup fertilized eggs.

That's very true, would be good if that sort of thing is taken into consideration, would definitely be a QoL improvement.