Otters eat more than a giga and are a pain in the *ss, because of fish lower val

iDash

Devs,

I have to log in every two days, because of otters starving!

I know you don't play the game, but something has to be done about the otters fish only food problem.

Go tame a 150 even and their food value is so low you have to waste stats on raising food cat for it to survive.

With them eating  fish only and  the fish value being so low you can't feed them from feeding trough.

Other animals eat the fish in two secs and you waste a ton of fish!

You have to hand feed otters and then guess what 2 days later with their stomach stuffed with fish, otters food level is half empty, again!

They eat more than my pelas even which is around 5000 food, Otters are more of a pain in the *ss to feed than feeding gigas!

Either raise the fish food values to equal meat, fix the otters eating every two sec, or raise the otters food levels x10!

The trough have to be out of range of other Dinos. Tames always feed on the lower value first. What could be done is make the other Dino's not want fish. Animals like otters, spinos, water mounts should eat fish.  With the spino wanting either regular or fish meat.    But that would be a really hard to update every creature in game.

I've lost so many otters to starvation lol. I moved the otters to my "office" where i will see them and remember to feed them everyday and i fill the troughs with regular meat first and wait a few minutes before putting in the fish. I always make sure there is still regular meat in the trough before adding the fish though.

My base is set up where all piscivores are in a building attached to my water pen. So only fish gets put in the troughs and theres nothing eating all the fish that doesn't have to eat fish.

After a basi or bary run i just load the troughs and fly up to my main cliff area.

I have 20+ otters and barys and i can feed them all in 2 minutes on a bary, sometimes less if a wild basi is close by bringing me easy fish meat from its mantas.

24 minutes ago, ishootpaint said:

My base is set up where all piscivores are in a building attached to my water pen. So only fish gets put in the troughs and theres nothing eating all the fish that doesn't have to eat fish.

After a basi or bary run i just load the troughs and fly up to my main cliff area.

I have 20+ otters and barys and i can feed them all in 2 minutes on a bary, sometimes less if a wild basi is close by bringing me easy fish meat from its mantas.

I too separate the fish eaters. Once you figure this out, it's not too bad.

Ill also add that unless you dont have access to decent fur armor and live in the snow, just level food on otters since their insulation bonus is short lived. Once you have some decent fur even Rag murder snow is not that bad.

Most my leveled otters have 7k+ food and the rest in HP. I've never used them for anything more than to look adorable sitting in my base.

19 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Hopefully S+ implementation will happen and include the feeding trough inclusion/exclusion list for each trough.

Wildcard said yesterday that we "may" get some aspects of S+ but it definitely wont be till AFTER extinction. I remember them saying it wont be till after aberrration, or how they will rewrite the netcode backend after aberration, soo.... my guess is never. They're just saying these things to keep people strung along.

Archived