How to fix procedural ARKs

9 hours ago, Kazt said:

1 word: Obelisks. If we had obelisks to spawn the bosses from then it would be much better. Maybe also a procedural generated cave system for all the artifacts? These implements would make procedural ARKs all the more enjoyable.

I completely agree.  It's a shame that WC seem to have abandoned this part of the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 6:21 PM, Kazt said:

1 word: Obelisks. If we had obelisks to spawn the bosses from then it would be much better. Maybe also a procedural generated cave system for all the artifacts? These implements would make procedural ARKs all the more enjoyable.

Could someone create a pgark map then put in tek transmiters that belong to a god mode admin tribe and remove the requirement of having the engram removed in the ini files?

Problem solved?

Hey everyone. I just wanted to add to this thread that in your procedural map .ini you can add things like spawners for dragons to you single player pgm. 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/

If you open your .ini file located in

ProgramFiles86/Steam/SteamApps/common/Ark/Shootergame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/Game.ini

You can add a spawner similar to one shown in the tutorial link by replacing the rex or gigantosaur with a dragon.

I agree that the learning curve is steep but its very worthwhile to be out exploring your own custom Ark.

• 2 months later...

I used to play PGMs on Xbox but either the Extinction or Winter Wonderland update broke the feature on console entirely, can't even generate them anymore without crashing to the dashboard at 4.6% every time. BUT PGMs have one thing that really makes them better than dev maps, Survial Island mode, flatten out the landscape into a giant beach add a little redwood biome, and make sure there's some kind of freshwater source, as well an bringing the land radius anywhere between 0.12 and 0.18 there are so many fun ways to play PGMs but thanks to WildCard I can't enjoy this feature anymore.

Archived