pvp Question about Trading and Small Tribes

KommanderKyle

55 minutes ago, ScoutBeta said:

you are allowed to trade on smalltribes servers as long as the trade is fair for both sides

that means it should be the same values that get exchanged and not a dino in exchange for a stone

That is news to me. AFAIK any kind of co-operation between tribes is prohibited under the special rules for Small Tribe servers.

While this topic is open I'd like to ask:

On non-small tribes I'd often give whatever was on my mount to new players...like junk I collect from raptors/mantises/etc. Is this free loot drop allowed on small tribe servers? Or do I have to trade? 

Also, there have been some pvp action moments on small tribe servers that I had wanted to watch and not interfere in but was told that I shouldn't because it could be used as evidence of teaming even though I wouldn't have been in the way or interfered. Is passive observation of fights allowed on small tribes servers?

43 minutes ago, steelshiv said:

While this topic is open I'd like to ask:

On non-small tribes I'd often give whatever was on my mount to new players...like junk I collect from raptors/mantises/etc. Is this free loot drop allowed on small tribe servers?

No, because if someome screenshot you, it is considered teaming. 

do I have to trade? 

No, because trading would mean you've communicated in a friendly manner before, which is teaming. You can't do boss together = you can't trade. 

Though, nothing forbids both side to make a thatch house unprotected with contents that may or may not have been communicated beforehand. 

Also, there have been some pvp action moments on small tribe servers that I had wanted to watch and not interfere in but was told that I shouldn't because it could be used as evidence of teaming even though I wouldn't have been in the way or interfered. Is passive observation of fights allowed on small tribes servers?

You technically can, but you shouldn't as a screenshot of you there can be enough proof to ban you. I mean, a screenshot of a discord was enough to ban a tribe (while it may not have been them as they claim). So, I wouldn't risk it. Some mods do spend time to find the truth while some are too busy and just check the screenshot. I mean, they get so many reports daily, I kind of understand... 

On 8/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, Paroxyde said:

No, because if someome screenshot you, it is considered teaming. 

No, because trading would mean you've communicated in a friendly manner before, which is teaming. You can't do boss together = you can't trade. 

So if I kill someone and take their stuff, is that teaming? What's the difference between killing them to take it, or them giving it to me? Oh right!! Evidence! Proof! I killed them (it's in the tribe logs IF they are in a tribe)......whereas it can't be proven they gave me their stuff. 

4 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

So if I kill someone and take their stuff, is that teaming? What's the difference between killing them to take it, or them giving it to me? Oh right!! Evidence! Proof! I killed them (it's in the tribe logs IF they are in a tribe)......whereas it can't be proven they gave me their stuff. 

I feel like we, the players, are taking the teaming accusations a bit too far because the "teaming" rule is very open to individual interpretation. It's becoming a bit of a witch Hunt on many servers I've been to. 

@Jen or ANY community manager, could we get the small tribe "no teaming" rule clarified? What is the "spirit" of the small tribes servers that you, the devs/managers are going for? I see a lot of confusion about what qualifies as teaming and what doesn't even with the rules posted. There is too much speculation here and we need more concrete examples.

Archived