Why is WC working on Extinction when the game is broken,

AnonymousEin

I know there are rules abut what you are aloud to talk about in the forums, I am going to talk about what ever because someone needs to say it and if my post is deleted that just shows how garbage Ark is and how garbage the people are who run the game are.

First off, the servers are crappy and unplayable when it comes to pvp. A lot of there servers are just naturally laggy, like when you are just grinding and doing normal things, the game can be playable, depending on the server. When it comes to pvp it is constant lag and disconnecting, with a little bit of pvp here and there, this also depends on the server. 

Next, undermapping is ridiculous, I don’t see Wildcard addressing any problems. Undermapping has been a problem for so long, I don’t understand how nothing is fixed, I especially don’t understand why Extinction is being developed when the game is broken. It is dumb that you can’t even build in caves and so many places, because they are prone to undermapping.

How about Wildcard does something or at least tells us what they are doing. If Wildcard thinks so many people are going to continue to play 100’s and 1000’s of hours of Ark, they are mistaken and the game will die.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this question so many times my first thought when i saw the title was "I wonder if this could be used to solve the global energy crisis" As ridiculous as that sounds they are probably going to roll out alot of fixes during extinction, or maybe not. I see them moving on to other projects after extinction though.  It's more rewarding to work on a game from the ground up using lessons you learned from earlier games.

9 hours ago, AnonymousEin said:

How about Wildcard does something or at least tells us what they are doing. If Wildcard thinks so many people are going to continue to play 100’s and 1000’s of hours of Ark, they are mistaken and the game will die.

If a company tells you what they are doing you will get pissed off anyways why bother with the gaming community we are all cash cows waiting to be milked. 

Would the community be happy if the developers came and told us that in 1 year they will be fixing all the under meshing issues due to their development scheduled deadlines?

No the community would go raptoring ape poop. It is better to let people get upset about under meshing when ever it happens to them rather then getting a community all mad at the same time. 

32 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

boy logic of umgrateful whiners simply doesnt add up.

If a company tells you what they are doing you will get pissed off anyways why bother with the gaming community we are all cash cows waiting to be milked. 

Would the community be happy if the developers came and told us that in 1 year they will be fixing all the under meshing issues due to their development scheduled deadlines?

No the community would go raptoring ape poop. It is better to let people get upset about under meshing when ever it happens to them rather then getting a community all mad at the same time. 

All it would take to make me happy is one simple and easy change, making the flyer nerf optonial, 90% of the complaints on here are just as easy simply change a few simple things. The fanboy logic of ungrateful whiners simply doesn't add up WC  is just lazy.

14 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

All it would take to make me happy is one simple and easy change, making the flyer nerf optonial, 90% of the complaints on here are just as easy simply change a few simple things. The fanboy logic of ungrateful whiners simply doesn't add up WC  is just lazy.

What? There is mods you can add to reverse the flyer change. Install them and be happy again...

Guest DJRone89
20 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

The flying nerf override ini isn’t a priority, just because a small minority of people want the option doesn’t mean it’s important.

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

What? There is mods you can add to reverse the flyer change. Install them and be happy again...

Stop assuming everyone plays on PC.

Guest DJRone89
11 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

Yea solid point here i do forget it is on different platforms.

And a soon to be 4th. That’s right, Nintendo Switch will get a broken version too.

10 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

The flying nerf override ini isn’t a priority, just because a small minority of people want the option doesn’t mean it’s important.

Unfortunately too true, but then it's WCs fault for ever pretending it would be a thing in the first place and giving me false hope.

I've got 3k hours on PC and from my experience the lag comes from an excess of tamed dinos which wildcard has tried to fix with moderate success with a server cap, and many large structures on the map that are lived in half the time and waiting to be destroyed for the other half. 

It isn't uncommon for a tribe to tame a titanosaur and fix both those problems themselves by wiping everything. 

To respond to the title of the thread though I've been negative toward the release of paid, Dev developed expansions since SE and believe that the TLC phases, optimizations, and the completion of the base game should have come before new maps and base game expansions. 

It's just my opinion here but wildcard has put the cart before the horse with development and should have focused on BASE GAME, then added new mechanics but instead release new mechanics that are unfinished or unoptimized or unbalanced which then break the game and need a reworking. 

To conclude, while the game can be a frustrating mess sometimes it has led me to meet and game with interesting people some of which are now good friends. I can say for sure that if it wasn't for that, then I would not still play the game. 

I will add to your question:

1) Why they work on Scorched Earth while the game was broken?

2) Why they work on Aberration, while the game was broken?

3) Why they keep adding more content and dinoe when the game was Early access, while the game was broken?

4) Why they realease the game, while the game was broken and a lot of alphas from other companies have less bugs?

All this question have a simply answer:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

the only solution is to have laws made that dont allow game developers to leave devastating bugs in a game.

i had a 473 md basilo mutation this weekend and it died to a bug after feeding it all day, and the mutation takes a month to get after many matings that cost me alot of sleep and energy. bullpoop.

i think the reason wc makes new content  instead of doing this base game fixing thing is because thats what their people are being paid to do.

their talent base is creating mesh texture and animation. coding isnt bad but i dont think they have the most talented programmers on the market.

also do people have this believe that playing the game is somehow supporting the company wc? because i dont follow how this logic works. my viewpoint is that by playing the game you actually end up costing wc resources which increases their operating cost. i think the ideal customer is someone that buys the games plays a few hundred hours maybe 3 thousand hours at most then leave to do something else. because i dont think people are suppose to keep playing for ever. if people were doing this it would cause alot of problems in the game

Guest DJRone89
12 hours ago, velocidad said:

I will add to your question:

1) Why they work on Scorched Earth while the game was broken?

2) Why they work on Aberration, while the game was broken?

3) Why they keep adding more content and dinoe when the game was Early access, while the game was broken?

4) Why they realease the game, while the game was broken and a lot of alphas from other companies have less bugs?

All this question have a simply answer:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

3) why did they add content to the game when it was broken?

Because that’s how game development works

More than 3k hours in the game, on official servers, and seldom do I have any issues except the random crash. Sure that's annoying but nothing to complain about. Bottom line is the majority of people I know who play ARK (a lot of them!)  don't think the game is broken and are looking forward to the next DLC. The others are professional complainers.

I'm sure wc has learned by now there is a section of your playerbase that will never be happy. It happens in every game. Overwatch, COD, Minecraft, you name it.

Can't please them all 

13 minutes ago, IrishAlexis said:

More than 3k hours in the game, on official servers, and seldom do I have any issues except the random crash. Sure that's annoying but nothing to complain about. Bottom line is the majority of people I know who play ARK (a lot of them!)  don't think the game is broken and are looking forward to the next DLC. The others are professional complainers.

I'm sure wc has learned by now there is a section of your playerbase that will never be happy. It happens in every game. Overwatch, COD, Minecraft, you name it.

Can't please them all 

its only the endgame players that suffer with the bugs. beginners don't notice anything.

Archived