The single play mode is too hard

MQ92

The single play mode in the iOS version is too hard, I have talked to some of my friends and we all find that we can not do the pursuits even because it’s too hard or becuse it require too much resources comparing to the other game modes, the only pursuit we keep do it is finding the explorers notes, so plz find a way to make it easier for us becuse we love the game but we stuck in these high level quests and we keep losing our items and spending too much time to back to the same location, we have tried all the tips that we reed it here but it doesn’t work :( 

thanks

16 minutes ago, MQ92 said:

The single play mode in the iOS version is too hard, I have talked to some of my friends and we all find that we can not do the pursuits even because it’s too hard or becuse it require too much resources comparing to the other game modes, the only pursuit we keep do it is finding the explorers notes, so plz find a way to make it easier for us becuse we love the game but we stuck in these high level quests and we keep losing our items and spending too much time to back to the same location, we have tried all the tips that we reed it here but it doesn’t work :( 

thanks

•  

gathering resources, building stuffs, tame some useful dinos for gathering resources, finding explorers note, doing some caves and tributing the artifacts for high tier BP's. and just keep doing that, it's gonna take days or weeks but you'll find this game is actually not that hard cuz all you need to do is survive and getting used to things.

i get to lv97 on my first singleplayer progress and lv95 on my second one, both takes a month.

No its not that hard.. even for me playing this game for the first time..when im even just under lvl 30 im complaining singleplayer is too easy.....first thing first is ignore the pursuits you can do that later and youll do it fast and easy..except the killing 250 dodos...what you need to do is set a goal from easy to hard.....like finding base location that you want(for me resources location wise) and its design....getting right tames..early tames,utility dinos..exploring dinos....etc......resources farming is pain in the ass at first but if you get the utility dinos..it will be so very easy(but if your willing to spend amber this can be skipped just buy that  tannery once you unlockit) 

trust me single player is so easy...i remember my toons only die mostly on game crashes...like when on the air game crashes when relogin boom fall to death or when in the cave crashes then when relog all the dinos you killed respawns and mobs you ???

12 hours ago, DeVoiD said:

No its not that hard.. even for me playing this game for the first time..when im even just under lvl 30 im complaining singleplayer is too easy.....first thing first is ignore the pursuits you can do that later and youll do it fast and easy..except the killing 250 dodos...what you need to do is set a goal from easy to hard.....like finding base location that you want(for me resources location wise) and its design....getting right tames..early tames,utility dinos..exploring dinos....etc......resources farming is pain in the ass at first but if you get the utility dinos..it will be so very easy(but if your willing to spend amber this can be skipped just buy that  tannery once you unlockit) 

trust me single player is so easy...i remember my toons only die mostly on game crashes...like when on the air game crashes when relogin boom fall to death or when in the cave crashes then when relog all the dinos you killed respawns and mobs you ???

You are so right. I have been playing PVE medium for a week now and it is much more challenging than single player. Not only due to even more crashes but behavior of dinos and taming requirements. For me, even much more fun except the bunch of crashes:

• 2 weeks later...

I reset my single player game so many times before I got things down and figured out just how to survive. I learned what dinosaurs are best for certain activities i.e. Stegos for Alphas and Hunt Pursuits, Dire Wolves for Caves. I learned that if I come under attack and my health drops below half or if a Titanoboa or some other torpor inflicting beast attacks me to whistle my tames to neutral. Tapejara is a great flier for taming animals because it can latch onto the side of cliffs, well out of the reach of attacking carnivores. Herbivore Island is great for perfect taming Ankylos, Brontos and Stegos. Moschops are useful for gathering fiber, wood and thatch when they are put on wonder. Carnivore Island and the peninsula at latitude 40 longitude 15 can be a great place to gain experience and to test yourself or your tames and see what skills could do with a little boosting. There's my Trail of Explorer Notes, a direct route from note to note which can help for a rapid fast level up session, especially if you have a super fast mount. My most recent learning curve has really worked out well for me. I've set up a base on Herbivore Island. So long as you don't accidentally hit a Stego, Trike, Ankylo, or Bronto and so long as you stay out of the cove when the Megs visit, it's a relatively safe location to reach level 10, which can be achieved by mining resources on Herbivore Island and constructing your first base. As I'm going around the island, I check the levels of every Parasaur I pass. If its less than level 20, it either gets killed for hide and meet or evicted from the island. I got a high level male and a high level female for breeding and an extra Parasaur. The breeding pair I ignore the level ups, the extra I focus on leveling up the speed on. I need this parasaur to be able to outspeed a raptor. Once I reach level 10 or beyond level 10, I'll craft a sleeping bag, even if I already have one placed on the island, I put all of my items, clothes into a storage box, I take all the items off my speedy Parasaur, saddle up the parasaur, then I'll go and purposefully agro one of the defensive herbivores and have it kill me. I won't use the bed respawn, I'll switch over to random locations and select the west coast spawn point. This is the starting point for my Trail of Explorer Notes. From the start to the finish I can pick up, provided I can locate them all or don't forget one, about 17 notes (I'd tell you where they all are, but the explorer map for the island on gamepedia doesn't match up with the mobile version. Take your own notes, of where you've seen things i.e. certain animals you'd want to tame, resources, explorer notes. If you have Microsoft Excel, use it to make spreadsheets to keep stock of what resources are needed for what structures. My resources spreadsheets has the resource requirements for the stone structures in multiples of 10. It really is all just a matter of trial and error. Make mistakes. The only time I reset my game was after a catastrophic loss or when my game got stuck in a crash loop. The Single Player game is tough, but it's survival. Gamepedia can be helpful in telling you the general location of certain species and how to tame them. And of course, people here can help you out. 

On 8/18/2018 at 10:19 AM, jeckylim said:

gathering resources, building stuffs, tame some useful dinos for gathering resources, finding explorers note, doing some caves and tributing the artifacts for high tier BP's. and just keep doing that, it's gonna take days or weeks but you'll find this game is actually not that hard cuz all you need to do is survive and getting used to things.

i get to lv97 on my first singleplayer progress and lv95 on my second one, both takes a month.

How do you level that fast? I’m lvl 75 and i’m struggling to get further

Archived