Ragnarok Difficulty settings

Hello,

We would like to increase the max dino level that is now around 56 and we would like to set it to 270 / 300. mostly 300 hundred 

now we have done some research and found this link: https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Difficulty_settings_of_your_ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Server

only did not give us the values of the Difficulty Offset: Ragnarok because we run our server true Nitrado and don't want to Fup our server we hope to find the answer here. 

Overview Difficulty Settings we would like to have...

Maximum Creature Level : 300
Override Official Difficulty: 10  
Difficulty Offset: Ragnarok: ?   

Regards,
BlueDino Official 

26 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Hello,

Like we have said in the post there is no Difficulty Offset value for the map Ragnarok 

I don't know if there is a max dino level for the map Ragnarok if so please let me know 

Here is an overview of the Difficulty settings we like to apply to our server...        

Maximum Creature Level : 300
Difficulty Offset: Ragnarok: ?   

Regards,
BlueDino Official 

• Volunteer Moderator

You should contact Nitrado and ask them to be ready with an extinguisher just in case. :cappa:

In all seriousness, no it won't crash. Basically the table is only showing you the possible values for specific difficulty. If you set the override, the offset will be ignored. The offset cannot go higher than 1.0 (max difficulty of the map) where the override can. The official difficulty of Ragnarok is 5.0, or 1.0 offset or 5.0 override. 0.5 offset would be like setting 2.5 override, but 10.0 override would be like having 2.0 offset but that cannot be set as an offset because the max offset is 1.0. Just set the offset to any value, and the override to 10 and you will be set.

59 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You should contact Nitrado and ask them to be ready with an extinguisher just in case. :cappa:

In all seriousness, no it won't crash. Basically the table is only showing you the possible values for specific difficulty. If you set the override, the offset will be ignored. The offset cannot go higher than 1.0 (max difficulty of the map) where the override can. The official difficulty of Ragnarok is 5.0, or 1.0 offset or 5.0 override. 0.5 offset would be like setting 2.5 override, but 10.0 override would be like having 2.0 offset but that cannot be set as an offset because the max offset is 1.0. Just set the offset to any value, and the override to 10 and you will be set.

Thank you I will forward that question to Nitrado 

Regards,
BlueDino Official 

You need the settings on my attached screenshot of my Nitrado app on your Ragnarok server in order to achieve level 300 dinos. 

While I don't currently have these settings, I have used them before and it works. I also host a 4 map cluster through Nitrado so you should be able to do anything I can. Make sure you save the setting and restart the server. Also, you may need to do a wild kill. 

Here is a list of the different difficulty settings:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

While it only lists max level 150 for Ragnarok, any one of the settings will work on any map. I currently use 180. Also, remember your wyvern eggs will spawn higher. At 180 wild, the wyvern eggs are reaching 228 and at 300 the eggs were reaching level 340, some said higher but I only saw 340. May want to adjust turret damage to dinos to compensate for the insane health dinos can reach- which is why I choose 180 as it doesn't have a great impact on balance. If you adjust certain settings then you'll need to adjust some others to restore balance to the game. 

Hope this helps some. Good luck. 

Screenshot_2018-08-18-20-19-16 (1).png

So my original comment needs to be approved for some reason. But short story if you set your offset to 2.7142 with override at 10 you will get level 300 dinos. 

And if you Google search ark difficulty, the result from gamepedia will list all the settings for different levels. And all of them will work for Ragnarok even though it shows a max of 150.

I have used this setting before and it works with no issues. I host a 4 map cluster through nitrado and I can say it works on the island, the center, Ragnarok and aberration.  The only issue I had was the dinos were very OP and in order to restore balance (PvP servers) I had to increase turret damage. So I opted for 180 max which doesn't have a big impact on balance. Keep in mind wyvern eggs (and drake eggs) will spawn higher as well. With 180 max wild I get 228 eggs. When I had 300 wild, eggs were 340, some said higher. So depending on your imprint quality setting you may need to adjust some other settings to compensate for the imbalance such as turret damage to dinos. 

49 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

So my original comment needs to be approved for some reason. But short story if you set your offset to 2.7142 with override at 10 you will get level 300 dinos. 

And if you Google search ark difficulty, the result from gamepedia will list all the settings for different levels. And all of them will work for Ragnarok even though it shows a max of 150.

I have used this setting before and it works with no issues. I host a 4 map cluster through nitrado and I can say it works on the island, the center, Ragnarok and aberration.  The only issue I had was the dinos were very OP and in order to restore balance (PvP servers) I had to increase turret damage. So I opted for 180 max which doesn't have a big impact on balance. Keep in mind wyvern eggs (and drake eggs) will spawn higher as well. With 180 max wild I get 228 eggs. When I had 300 wild, eggs were 340, some said higher. So depending on your imprint quality setting you may need to adjust some other settings to compensate for the imbalance such as turret damage to dinos. 

As stated above though anything above 1 does nothing for difficulty. The override is what effects the cap. Sp your setting of 2.7412 is effectively 1. Override with your settings of 10 will go 10x the base level of I believe 30 (lowest max dino lvl iirc). So using that math you can predict your levels. 20x override should give you 600 wilds. 

I have my settings set to difficulty 1 override 16.6666 to give me lvl 500 wilds. There's a steam post I read that explained how it worked. I'll post the like when I find it

On 8/19/2018 at 3:42 AM, GeneralBigBear said:

As stated above though anything above 1 does nothing for difficulty. The override is what effects the cap. Sp your setting of 2.7412 is effectively 1. Override with your settings of 10 will go 10x the base level of I believe 30 (lowest max dino lvl iirc). So using that math you can predict your levels. 20x override should give you 600 wilds. 

I have my settings set to difficulty 1 override 16.6666 to give me lvl 500 wilds. There's a steam post I read that explained how it worked. I'll post the like when I find it

Hello,

Thank you for the reply to this topic we have currently set up our Maximum Creature Level to the following...

Difficulty Offset: 2.5
Maximum Creature Level: 300 

And notice that there are no problems regarding running the server. we are currently trying to find some high stats dino only with no success yesterday we knocked down an argentavis from level two hundred and the stats were very low. 

any information regarding that please let u know

Regards,
BlueDino Official 

1 hour ago, BlueDino said:

Hello,

Thank you for the reply to this topic we have currently set up our Maximum Creature Level to the following...

Difficulty Offset: 2.5
Maximum Creature Level: 300 

And notice that there are no problems regarding running the server. we are currently trying to find some high stats dino only with no success yesterday we knocked down an argentavis from level two hundred and the stats were very low. 

any information regarding that please let u know

Regards,
BlueDino Official 

There are a few ways to adjust creature stats. In your Nitrado app there is a section called engine settings. You can use the "Per Level Stats Multiplier" category to adjust the amount each stat of either player or dino tamed/wild. While my screen shot only shows weight speed and stamina for dinos, you can also alter all other stats as well. Keep in mind a very slight change to the health on dinos will place your tames in the 6 digit range, which IMO is too OP. I prefer breeding for melee or health. You can also adjust your imprint stat quality scale under the general settings. With the speed settings shown on my screen shot my Quetz, Griffins, Pteranodons & Tapejaras are at 200% movement speed. Hope this helps. 

Screenshot_2018-08-20-16-19-16.png

Archived