Mega Tribes

BuzzBagley

Im a little upset. Mega tribes are "running" servers, and this is ruining the game for those of us who dont want to constantly get screwed by joing them. I just want to play pvp official but i cant even go a week without getting stomped back down. Plant x is pointless anymore, 100 auto turrets cant even stop a steggo for some strange reason, and heavy turrets are alright but somehow a quetzal flew straight up to a base with 100 heavys with over 1000 bullets in each and blew through my wall from inside the quetzals platform box. It wouldnt be bad if i could be on constantly like everyone else but i have a full time job. Does anyone have thoughts on this? I find it unfair that im limited on turrets but that limit is literally costing me bases left and right. Ive got 3 friends that i had convinced to buy the game but i just told them not to because i dont want them grinding their life away for nothing like myself. Can we please get a better balance on this?

1 hour ago, CriMReekus said:

Yeah, something needs to be done about it.  Bases are incredibly hard to fortify and yet incredibly easy to raid.  The game is way off balance.  It should be much more difficult to raid than it is to defend. 

No raiding should be made easier so people can fight back against mega tribes. The reason mega tribes are so powerful is that they can hide find walls of 100 heavies/tek turrets and tek force fields that no normal player can breach.

Raiding is already easy and that’s why it requires you to be mega tribe to stop people from raiding.   You can be pretty well setup(which takes TONS of resources) and it still only takes a couple guys with a couple tames to raid you with ease if you’re offline.  Seems a bit ridiculous to me.  You spend months on end building up a base only for it to be easily raided by a couple guys who spent a day grinding to do it. 

People are getting offline raided nonstop even on small tribe servers. They are using same reasons as you mentioned: defense (turrets) is weak and that they can't be nonstop online.

So, how are these 2 problems connected to mega tribes?       

Players chose to play in mega tribes mainly because they didn't want to get offline raided and lose all progress what they did.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:59 PM, BuzzBagley said:

Im a little upset. Mega tribes are "running" servers, 

Yup.

As soon as you have 3-5 people in "X" tribe you have far more resources than a solo player. It will get worse as time goes on and "X" tribe players will learn as they go - what works "better". So they can "run" the server as efficiently as possible. 

And actually, mega tribes tend to be around 50-200 players across multiple servers. 

On 8/16/2018 at 12:31 PM, isu said:

People are getting offline raided nonstop even on small tribe servers. They are using same reasons as you mentioned: defense (turrets) is weak and that they can't be nonstop online.

So, how are these 2 problems connected to mega tribes?       

Players chose to play in mega tribes mainly because they didn't want to get offline raided and lose all progress what they did.

The problem is that mega tribes are slamming the small tribes for no reason. You can say its pvp all you want but when i have max turrets on my base and ive done almost a year of work just to be raided by one steggo and a quetz how is this fair balance?

Mega tribes can all go suck a large one, it should just be server against server, alpha against alpha and may the best one win. Now its who can flood servers fasted and ddos the most and mesh the most and call on the most people because we're scared to lose our stuff. It's pvp for god sake if you're scared of losing your stuff, pve is the way... If you have no people online from certain times, recruit people in different time zones, dont cry about being raided, finding a dino they left behind and then caling on a megatribe to come and wipe that server.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:23 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

Official Small Tribes are the best way to play. Non stop action and carnage. Fantastic.

Strangely i found small tribes to be more hardcore than officials. When playing solo on officials i can hide my 2x1s in hidden places on dead servers and go undiscovered for weeks or even months. And if i chose to i can join an alliance, solo does not mean it has to be one man vs the world alone. Small tribes is much harder by comparison actually, even though it was made to attract more casual.players !

I had this problem, I complained and I was told to deal with it, so I did. I spent time playing and getting wiped while making contacts and networking in ark. This game is very political, you'll be surprised on how protected you are if you know the right people. Now I run a great tribe and I'm currently working on making my tribe good enough to fly a mega tag. I learnt that complaining doesn't work, adapt to it or go to PvE it's that simple really.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, BuzzBagley said:

Im a little upset. Mega tribes are "running" servers, and this is ruining the game for those of us who dont want to constantly get screwed by joing them. I just want to play pvp official but i cant even go a week without getting stomped back down. Plant x is pointless anymore, 100 auto turrets cant even stop a steggo for some strange reason, and heavy turrets are alright but somehow a quetzal flew straight up to a base with 100 heavys with over 1000 bullets in each and blew through my wall from inside the quetzals platform box. It wouldnt be bad if i could be on constantly like everyone else but i have a full time job. Does anyone have thoughts on this? I find it unfair that im limited on turrets but that limit is literally costing me bases left and right. Ive got 3 friends that i had convinced to buy the game but i just told them not to because i dont want them grinding their life away for nothing like myself. Can we please get a better balance on this?

It's a game on tribe warfare. Don't like getting raided? Join a bigger an stronger tribe. That's what I did and so far it's working. The reason offline raids work so well is because we don't have to rush in. I can take my time and heal up with veggie cakes, meat, or Z plants. I can spend my time hammering one side of your defenses without having to work on the fly if you change turrets or turret positions. I can flak run your towers without having to worry about you destroying my armor with a lucky sniper shot. They give everyone the same tools but it's up to you how you use them and design them

12 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Mega tribes can all go suck a large one, it should just be server against server, alpha against alpha and may the best one win. Now its who can flood servers fasted and ddos the most and mesh the most and call on the most people because we're scared to lose our stuff. It's pvp for god sake if you're scared of losing your stuff, pve is the way... If you have no people online from certain times, recruit people in different time zones, dont cry about being raided, finding a dino they left behind and then caling on a megatribe to come and wipe that server.

Nope, we call in friends because if you ever find yourself in a fair fight then your tactics suck. The "flooding servers" is nothing more than who has the most people on their side. Yes, the ddos and meshing is a cowards way to fight.

End of the day, don't start problems claiming PVP then complain when I show up with 20-1 people at your door looking for the same

1 hour ago, AzDaemon said:

Nope, we call in friends because if you ever find yourself in a fair fight then your tactics suck. The "flooding servers" is nothing more than who has the most people on their side. Yes, the ddos and meshing is a cowards way to fight.

End of the day, don't start problems claiming PVP then complain when I show up with 20-1 people at your door looking for the same

But does that not make you think, my tribe is not strong enough maybe we should've worked harder... We cant do the job so we have to ask all these other people to come with us. Or have better strategy when fighting... No I'm not complaining, been fighting any and all megas for months now, if anything it opened up the corridor to a lot of lazy people not filling their generators and me meatrunning more tames than I thought I ever could. For me now, no matter how much damage you do to my base or tames. It will never outweigh what I've already done to every single mega on PS4.

Unless you go full troll mode, there's really no other way to go about fending off (Yes fending off, you wont beat them alone) a mega tribe without calling in other tribes to stand and fight them off.

It's been my experience thus far (mainly with alphas but one mega tribe also) that most raiders are seeking nothing more than the thrill of wiping all your hard work of the face of the Ark, if you go full troll mode (raft cities and the like) you have a better chance of not losing all your hard work because well, you wont have much lol.

My suggestion is similar to everyone else's, make friends and call them in and/or go to their aid when a mega or alpha attacks or, go straight troll mode and make yourself such a nuisance that the fun of wiping you from the board is simply removed all together or atleast lessened greatly.

Personally, I just like to build and tame and because of this my stuff is annihilated on the regular but we all have our own tolerances for restarting again and again lol.

Good luck!

-JMT

• 4 months later...

You know how difficult it is to get into a decent mega tribe? Like they can trust anybody? Finding 60+ people to form up that you can trust is not easy task. More likely happens by luck. Tribes that build together die together. If you didn’t help me build why should I trust you? You have no reason to take my stuff and add it to your collection. Just woke up to my base getting wiped by a squid and a giga and I’m a solo tribe.. like there should be some sort of match making that says hey you’re too big of a tribe to troll this little one man tribe. On legacy there was some courtesy and some respect. That’s the reason over last year this game went from 9 mill to 2 mill. The people in here that say hey it’s pvp. Either are a mega tribe or haven’t been wiped by one. 

On 8/16/2018 at 3:00 PM, jpcab said:

Don t blame the others pls. Become a mega yourself or try to ally with them. If not what the heck u waNt? Fight them its pvp

Only troube with that is that it really sucks being in a mega. People don't want to play like that . So it leaves being allied or getting wiped .

People end up bouncing around servers getting wiped until a friend from an old tribe that joined a mega invites them to a server and they can build .then it's pretty much forced pve on a dead server  

On 8/16/2018 at 4:59 AM, BuzzBagley said:

Yeah Bro I'm with you . They should make all solo players unraidable when off line . Add orp for solo tribes .

Archived