Development Roadmap

GroveStreetJordan

• GroveStreet

Hello there fellow Survivors! Our entire team has been hard at work creating new game content, fixing bugs, and adding compatibility for more devices. With so much still coming to the game this year, we thought now would be a good time to share what’s on the horizon for ARK: Survival Evolved on iOS & Android. As always, please keep in mind that all features and dates are subject to change.

AUGUST

• Cave & Obelisk Building Restrictions (PvP) We will be disabling Cave and Obelisk building on PvP servers in the interest of creating a fair and balanced multiplayer environment. These areas will now follow the PvE building ruleset.
  • Baryonyx Take care when roaming near the Island’s rivers and streams, as this piscivore is not one to be messed with! Tame one yourself for access to it’s tail-spin attack.
  • Multiple Save Slots & Cloud Saves (Single Player) We are adding 3 local save slots so that you can back-up your Single Player save on your device, in addition to 1 cloud save slot - convenient for switching between devices or restoring your game if you need to delete the app.

SEPTEMBER

• Device Compatibility (Moto G5S, Samsung J7 Prime) It’s coming! We are adding support for more Android devices - most notably the Moto G5S and Samsung J7 Prime.
  • Tribe Scoring (PvP, PvE, PvX) This points-based system will be rolled out to all servers with a constantly refreshing leaderboard. We’ll discuss more details as we get closer, but Alpha Tribes should definitely expect to work harder to maintain their positions at the top.
  • Iguanodon Use this Ornithopod to help with your gardening, or race across the Island in bipedal or quadrupedal stance. Watch out for those thumbs though, this guy is a brawler when angered!
  • Purlovia Need to stash some loot? How about protect your base with a hidden tame? The Purlovia can burrow underground with a full inventory of goodies, or help keep watch over your base like a landmine with it's special burrowing ability!
  • Brutal Difficulty Servers Hard servers not providing enough of a challenge? This new difficulty setting will lower XP gains and spawn even higher-level creatures all over the Island.
  • Public PvX servers September will see the launch of fresh PvX servers without requiring Primal Pass. These servers will have crafting stations turned back on.
  • Creature Collars Give your favorite tame some bling with the all-new collar cosmetics available in multiple styles. Take your Direwolf for a strut in spikes, let your Rex walk proud with a shiny new bandana, or put that Achatina in the Cone of Shame.
  • Survivor Collars Strut your stuff with the most fashionable neckwear on the Island. Show your enemies who's boss while sporting your chains, or get comfy at home in the cozy collar.

OCTOBER - DECEMBER

• Private Server Rental You will soon be able to rent a private server for you & your friends to play on. We intend to launch a cheaper, limited-capacity option in addition to the standard 60 player server size.
  • Server Refresh (PvP, PvE) As some older servers continue to maintain low player populations, they will be merged with newer ones to make room for fresh server rollouts.
  • More Event Types Creature Racing? Survivor Breeding? We’re cooking up some zany ideas here at War Drum Studios. Let us know what sort of special events you’d like to see on the Island.
  • More Creatures & TLC Updates We don’t want to spoil all the surprises, but let’s just say that your favorite semi-aquatic pearl collector may be making an appearance in the game, in addition to TLC changes that turn a certain creature into a flying Smithy.

Roadmap.thumb.png.dd4603e037800abcece857bc57162dc0.png

*All dates subject to change

View full record

Unbelievable!! ?

For months me and my tribe have spent REAL MONEY to build our cave base. We are NOT CHEATERS!! We played using game rules. Spent hours and hours planning and creating it. And now, suddenly, you decide to destroy everything we worked for without any compensation. 2 of our tribe members already decided to stop playing. I'm so frustrated...

Instead of fixing all the bugs the game have... Like Plant X!!! For WEEKS there's an issue that prevents from maturing. Any word from you developers about it? NO. But change the rules like this and not even giving anything back to those that gave you money... Just is just a game. And games will come and go. Yours will go sooner from my cellphone. 

I have alot of complaints the game is good but it needs to be fixed like if I jump on a tameing pterodactyl its wing I die and my stuff glitches in the ground I was like omg oh and u guys said u fixed the sound but it still is crap please fix this oh and another thing it is not fair that our body's stay there in online mode raiding is ok but it's to far all I'm trying to say if you are trying to make your game realistic referring to our body's staying in online then do it right leavening our body is realistic but jumping on a tamed winged animal u can die also fix this the sound and give us food that gives us thirst besides rock carrots please if you would take my recommendations I have to say it will be a much better game but it's your game you do what you want I'm just saying I play on mobile btw I dont know if other platforms are having this problem oh also to fix that are animals cant glitch in us I had a carbonemys that was helping me kill Castroids and he glitched so I drowned I was like omg  anyways that's all I hope 

Edited by burningwolf01

Hey I’ve been playing on multiplayer and as I was exploring a base loaded in around me and now I’m stuck, Maybe you could add a request thing but for players that way if you get stuck in anything like that or the holes in between cliffs and the rocks you can’t destroy... but you can keep your stuff but maybe there has to be a thing where if you have more than 50 of any item you’ll be teleported but you’ll lose it.

• Like 1

I don’t even know if this is a correct place to report this, but anyway. I was just doing some Allo breeding with the Carnivore Pheromones (To test it out, possibly get a mutation) keep in mind I spent 50 Ancient Amber to have the Allo Egg, somehow reach near hatching point (even when I hadn’t even picked it up or brought it to a warmer place, keep in mind that Allos have around same hatching temperature of Dilos, so about 4 or 5 Campfires should do the trick, but it wasn’t even near any sort of warmth) when the timer reached 0, the Egg ‘hatched’ but the baby Dino was nowhere to be found. I’m not sure what to do, but i’m glad I do in fact have some Amber left over so I can simply get the Carnivore pheromone back when the mating timer is done. I’m mainly reporting this because it COULD be a glitch with either the Allo eggs or with the Pheromones, but it needs to be fixed in order for me to continue to breed my creatures, as my other creatures like my Parasaurs have had no problems with breeding, any help?

IMO there is a need for and expection of balance regarding fixes and new content.  I feel like some neat things are being added. What I see as anyone can read is, the majority of posters don’t really give  a hoot about all the bells and whistles you are glueing on to the game. Development is crucial for income and for attracting new players but, not at the behest of losing core players. I like what you have done here yet, it has the feel of a precious stone that has not been brought to a full luster. Ark reinforces the living philosophy: life is not just about the destination, it’s the journey. But, loosing all your loot due to dev and not simple raiding is unfortunate.

Nice work wardrums for Bringing in new updates & Thanks to you and your frequent crashing bug. I lost my 1 lvl 98 quetz, 3 lvl 82 Rex and 1 lvl 17 giga. Instead of adding new stuff, please try to fix this crashing issue. And this one bug, the map just got out of render and gone full blank after that booooommmm it crashes. When i reload the game just to found my tamed creatures lost and i start falling from the sky & i died. Btw is my 6gb ram not worth your game or do your game need more ram or what.