How to Block certain diono uploads?

iMasonite

Hey guys.

I have recently added Crystal Isle Mod Map to my Cluster. There is one slight issue though, when a player tries to transfer say a Crystal Wyvern to another map (official DLC) there is obviously no code on the other end to receive the Dino as its not part of the official DLC this was obvious to me however, players are oblivious to this and try anyway, then its all nuclear in the chat and support system :/

So the issue is compounded by the players cluster file being bugged out when they transfer back Crystal Isle map and try to download it there, but cant... ohh lordy, more fall out.

After some investigation, it seems that the cluster file gets modified on the official DLC end to omit the ObjectProperty DinoClass that is required to spawn the Dino back into the world on the Crystal Isle map.

I'm not particularly interested in having it fixed, if its even fixable, I'd just rather prevent a list of Dino names from being uploaded altogether.

So my question is; Are there any options to block the upload of certain Dino's in the gus.ini or Game.ini.

I've googled quite extensively and I've come up dry.

Cluster 8/5 Keneti OPLoot 10x All/S+/ORP/AH - Ragnarok

steam://connect/86.16.76.174:17041

The only thing I know of is "CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=True" which should allow or prevent downloading dinos on or from Aberration to other maps. Perhaps that could indirectly work or maybe the author behind Crystal Isle could hook into that to fix it? Extreme spitballing, never come across any "prevent class upload" before.

You could go to the extreme and prevent taming of the crystal wyvern... no tame, no upload :P

Though seems like something one should tag @Jatheish in. Or pester them on Twitter, seems to work better. Getting an official workaround on this would alleviate much headaches for unofficial server owners...

Archived