Strats for setting up on abb?

Equinox713

Aight look, 

Me and my tribe are fairly well established on a centre server. No someone explain to me how we are to set up on an abberation server in order to get our hands on reaper king's?

My Strat was to build somewhere hidden AF, breed spinos, bring them over and use em to get drake eggs, raise the drake's on our home server using the spinos on abb to get food for them. Then use the grown drake's to easily fly down to red, get pregnant and gather meat for the baby king, which I'm aware I must raise on abb.

Now, that seems fairly far fetched and sounds like a lot of work. Not to mention bringing any tames over will risk their death and subsequently our home server number for an abb tribe to use, to seek is out.

Idfk, anyone got any ideas? ?

I too vote to travel to the blue area, or on the edge of the green close to the blue/purple area that looks like a forest out of Avatar. Manage to set up shop, grab some bulb doggies and get to farming metal after you’ve got some good tames. 

Theres really no set in stone strat other than to get near some metal spawns asap. 

If reapers are your goal you don't need drakes. High level spinos will get the job done just fine. Drakes are nice for kiting in reapers but you can use other small/fast mounts to accomplish that. I am not sure if you can raise drakes on non AB servers, the venom has a short spoil time and with having to wait 20-30min before you can transfer items between servers you may find it spoils before you can feed your babies.  The best advice I can give is to pre build as much as you can on the other server. Wait until the AB server is at a low population then transfer over your spinos and characters. Walk down to red area/reaper queen spawn area and make use of someone else's trap. If you manage to successfully get preggo then transfer over items to build a small base/hatchery for your reaper. Pray to the gods that your reaper hatches and grows before the Alpha tribe smells fresh meat and comes looking for you.

Best of luck!

4 hours ago, Kawarriorking said:

If reapers are your goal you don't need drakes. High level spinos will get the job done just fine. Drakes are nice for kiting in reapers but you can use other small/fast mounts to accomplish that. I am not sure if you can raise drakes on non AB servers, the venom has a short spoil time and with having to wait 20-30min before you can transfer items between servers you may find it spoils before you can feed your babies.  The best advice I can give is to pre build as much as you can on the other server. Wait until the AB server is at a low population then transfer over your spinos and characters. Walk down to red area/reaper queen spawn area and make use of someone else's trap. If you manage to successfully get preggo then transfer over items to build a small base/hatchery for your reaper. Pray to the gods that your reaper hatches and grows before the Alpha tribe smells fresh meat and comes looking for you.

Best of luck!

fair enough, in the past, I've only attempted to get pregnant while atop a drake, but I'd imagine it would be at least possible with just spinos. 

1 hour ago, Woodsman said:

if u transfer in non-aberration spinos will they be immune to radiation?

I'm fairly certain they will be immune but id like to know 100%. either way you could just make the mushroom soup stuff to make them immune

you can get pregnant on top of a drake all you have to do is find a raper munch it down until it gets to 2000hp or lower then turn off your light pet and  shot it with narco arrows (the reaper will aggro you and get you pregnant that easy) and to get the 75 lvls for the baby just kill more reaper or do the hard way go kill spinos in the river) 

11 hours ago, Yakuzaboy said:

you can get pregnant on top of a drake all you have to do is find a raper munch it down until it gets to 2000hp or lower then turn off your light pet and  shot it with narco arrows (the reaper will aggro you and get you pregnant that easy) and to get the 75 lvls for the baby just kill more reaper or do the hard way go kill spinos in the river) 

Yea I know all that, getting king's is easy as if your actually set up on abb. My issue is that I'm not on an abb server and I'm trying to figure out a way to get kings. The reason it's so difficult I because

1. No flyers

2. Limited tames that I can bring over

3. I have to raise it on abb

With with wyverns it's a lot easier to set up a fob on a rag server to spawn on, farm eggs and milk and travel home easily. Setting up for wyvern eggs is little investment therefore little loss high reward.

Kings generally need a lot of set up purely because of abb, not just the process of getting the king's 

14 hours ago, Equinox713 said:

fair enough, in the past, I've only attempted to get pregnant while atop a drake, but I'd imagine it would be at least possible with just spinos. 

I'm fairly certain they will be immune but id like to know 100%. either way you could just make the mushroom soup stuff to make them immune

I have not tested this but non AB dinos should not be immune to the radiation. As you say though mushroom soup can still be used for them.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:58 AM, Woodsman said:

if u transfer in non-aberration spinos will they be immune to radiation?

Anything without the "Aberrant" prefix (not counting most of the native dinos like Bulbdog) are not immune to radiation (only those with aberrant and ARE immune, yes, not all aberrants are immune). Bring Mushroom Brew (and a ton) if you plan to access Element Region with it.

Archived