Renting server, multiple DLCs running

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone can help. I rent a nitrado server for Xbox. I am playing island with my friends. If I want to start SE or other map if I change this will my saves for the island still be in the backup? Can I switch the server between running each DLC and it will save progress? How does it work? Running multiple dlcs on one server or whatever. 

Guest DJRone89
17 hours ago, AnnabelTamara said:

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone can help. I rent a nitrado server for Xbox. I am playing island with my friends. If I want to start SE or other map if I change this will my saves for the island still be in the backup? Can I switch the server between running each DLC and it will save progress? How does it work? Running multiple dlcs on one server or whatever. 

Basically, each map has its own saved data on that server so it always knows to reload the previous save when map switching, however the back ups will eventually be overridden by the most current map over time.

I’ve been doing this since rented servers became available and have yet to run into any issues for saved games, but there are other things you need to know about. Player and tribe/alliance data is saved to the server, so you’ll only need to create one character/tribe on one map, and it will auto transfer to the next map you load. Dinos and items will still need to be uploaded, but after a map switch, you can simply respawn your character. This can have a negative effect if you have PvP spawn intervals enabled and even Nitrado warn about the implications in detail on their web interface. The tribe tame cap is map specific so while your tribe data gets transferred from map to map, your tame cap doesn’t - I potentially have a tribe tame cap of 2000 on one server (500 per map).

Archived