Tek Dinosaurs- Why are They Here?

GenTech1000

Most of us have heard of the uprising of Tek dinosaurs on the Arks. However, has any of us asked why that is so? Why are these  robotic reptiles only appearing now? I have a few theories to answer those questions. 

The first is that they are here to force the humans off the Arks and back to Earth. By doing this, the Tek animals will hunt and kill the weak while the strong will survive, passing on the most desirable genes for the future humans.  This theory is a bit of a stretch, however it may be possible. 

My second theory is that they have appeared to equip the humans for their return home. Extinction adds several Tek machines and many other creatures that humanity will have to face when they return. By creating stronger, better versions of creatures the humans are familiar with, the overseers may be trying to give the humans the best chance for survival. 

My last theory is that they’ve been on the Arks all along. They’ve just been hiding in plain sight. Every one of the Arks creatures could be a machine with a synthetic skin over an endoskeleton. This could also be why the creatures decay so oddly. They could be set to where the survivor can only harvest so much meat before the activating a self destruct protocol, restricting the survivor from reaching the technology within the creature. 

Those are my theories. What do you think? Why do you think the Tek dinosaurs are appearing? I would love to know. 

My theory is that wildcard added them to tease people to buy the extinction dlc and to keep them interested in the game. The tek creatures are op because they can reach a wild level of 180, therefore everyone wants to have and breed them and spends more time playing ark. Who needs bugfixes or working support if we can have a shiny robot dino?

10 minutes ago, acat said:

My theory is that wildcard added them to tease people to buy the extinction dlc and to keep them interested in the game. The tek creatures are op because they can reach a wild level of 180, therefore everyone wants to have and breed them and spends more time playing ark. Who needs bugfixes or working support if we can have a shiny robot dino?

#Savage

I like your thinking, but with the release of the most  recent explorer notes by "???" the theory dont add up - "No matter how many you clear, the System will never deem you strong enough, because you are playing by broken rules." So whatever the system is doing it is flawed. So dinos showing up now like this (if they are even partof the lore) would only happen now because of 2 things IMO:

1) "???" is causing it and 2) The overseers (the system) is broken.

Read the notes for "???" she is interesting - "Thousands of puzzle pieces, scattered across these islands - these seeds in the sky - slowly coalescing and taking shape.." could be in reference to humans or even things like the tek dinos. Will wait and see :D

17 hours ago, Lee3 said:

I like your thinking, but with the release of the most  recent explorer notes by "???" the theory dont add up - "No matter how many you clear, the System will never deem you strong enough, because you are playing by broken rules." So whatever the system is doing it is flawed. So dinos showing up now like this (if they are even partof the lore) would only happen now because of 2 things IMO:

1) "???" is causing it and 2) The overseers (the system) is broken.

Read the notes for "???" she is interesting - "Thousands of puzzle pieces, scattered across these islands - these seeds in the sky - slowly coalescing and taking shape.." could be in reference to humans or even things like the tek dinos. Will wait and see :D

Thank you for your input. At the time I posted this, I was unaware of the new explorer notes. As for my theories, the parts where the word “overseer” is placed could be easily replaced with The One Who Waits. For all we know, she could be the one causing the Tek dinosaurs to appear.

Also, I’ve always thought the Arks to be more for evolving humanity rather than an “escape the prison” type deal.  The ability to “Ascend” i think may also be The One Who Waits’s doing. But who knows?

Archived