ARK 2, Changes and Ideas

Marksman338

I'd include more advanced AI for wild dinos.....  I want to be distracted by one raptor that's just out of my reach while 50 are sneaking behind me using long grass and rocks for cover !

I want to see proper large group herding, babies and adolescent. Over protective AI - Mum or Dad dinos . Proper dino nests. 

I want to see AI make dinos not jump off cliffs to chase something....make them die if they fall from stupid heights.

Introduce an advanced reptilian humanoid that have advanced weapons and armour that hunt us down (just imagine the predator movie) as trophies. Or try to raid our bases, knock us out and harvest our bodies. (we can't use their id weapons) Make them one of the "bosses" we need to fight or we need to locate their hidden base and destroy them.

1 hour ago, Mendoza said:

Introduce an advanced reptilian humanoid that have advanced weapons and armour that hunt us down (just imagine the predator movie) as trophies. Or try to raid our bases, knock us out and harvest our bodies. (we can't use their id weapons) Make them one of the "bosses" we need to fight or we need to locate their hidden base and destroy them.

They could be Neanderthals, of course they won't have advanced weapons, but maybe they could tame dinos and ride them.

I'd include more advanced AI for wild dinos.....  I want to be distracted by one raptor that's just out of my reach while 50 are sneaking behind me using long grass and rocks for cover !

I want to see proper large group herding, babies and adolescent. Over protective AI - Mum or Dad dinos . Proper dino nests. 

I want to see AI make dinos not jump off cliffs to chase something....make them die if they fall from stupid heights.

I completely agree that Wildcard should make the AI far more intelligent. That was actually one of the things I wanted to mention for them to include but I forgot about. As for reptilian humanoides, I can see that in Public PvE and PvP servers, however I think it should only be an option for private servers, as trying to deal with all the dinos at the highest difficulty solo is already difficult enough when you start out, and having this, while adding an even greater challenge, I personally thing would work better as an option for singleplayer.

1 minute ago, HenryWong said:

They could be Neanderthals, of course they won't have advanced weapons, but maybe they could tame dinos and ride them.

Having some form of human, or humaniod AI would be great. Maybe they can add in advanced reptile people, neanderthals, and basic humans as AI. The reptiles are rare, but hard to kill. Neanderthals could be somewhat common, but be easier to kill, and humans can either be aggressive or peaceful, so that way the alliance system is useful in solo.

I'd also like to see dinos react and move differently when they are scared, injured, angry/aggressive, passive....  I don't want to see a predator go me just because I am a human, I want it to have a reason why it wants to kill me... (examples would be territorial, protecting nest, hungry or feeding babies) Part of survival is understanding the behaviour of animals, at the moment they have no brain...At the moment a dino sees me and makes a line straight for me regardless of rocks, trees, buildings, cliffs -- it's just plain awful how bad the AI is !

If a wild dino sees me and I am riding the same kind of animal - It shouldn't always just attack without thought , some animals might, but others might be curious or cautious. The same goes for a tame dino with no rider... Why do some of the same type of species always want to try and kill it? --- Sharks are a great example !

Why is it that pretty much everything in the ocean wants to kill me at a moments sight....  Where is the ecosystem kinda like on land where big things eat smaller things?  Does everything solely just eat human meat in the ocean because they are just all good mates? But the moment you tame one, they're out of the club and must be killed on sight?

I'd also like to see dinos react and move differently when they are scared, injured, angry/aggressive, passive....  I don't want to see a predator go me just because I am a human, I want it to have a reason why it wants to kill me... (examples would be territorial, protecting nest, hungry or feeding babies) Part of survival is understanding the behaviour of animals, at the moment they have no brain...At the moment a dino sees me and makes a line straight for me regardless of rocks, trees, buildings, cliffs -- it's just plain awful how bad the AI is !

If a wild dino sees me and I am riding the same kind of animal - It shouldn't always just attack without thought , some animals might, but others might be curious or cautious. The same goes for a tame dino with no rider... Why do some of the same type of species always want to try and kill it? --- Sharks are a great example !

Why is it that pretty much everything in the ocean wants to kill me at a moments sight....  Where is the ecosystem kinda like on land where big things eat smaller things?  Does everything solely just eat human meat in the ocean because they are just all good mates? But the moment you tame one, they're out of the club and must be killed on sight?

I completely agree that the AI need improvement in this game, the wild and tamed creatures need to be more intelligent. I'd go on but I'd pretty much just say exactly what you did. And yeah, the ocean does need a lot more smaller creatures, even if they're not tamable they should just add in some small fish that fill the ocean, and even if they're AI is similar or a copy/paste of the coel, at least adding in a good fifteen to twenty different, basic fish would be cool. They also need to add in more smaller, tamable ocean creatures. One that I made a custom dossier for a long time ago was the Onchopristis, essentially a giant Saw Shark.

Archived