ARK 2, Changes and Ideas

Marksman338

Since Studio Wildcard has at least hinted at making an ARK 2, I figured it's never to early for the community to give the developers feedback to try and make the game better than the first. This is meant to be a general discussion on things you and others want changed from ARK to ARK 2, and/or things you simply want to see in the game that weren't in the first. I will admit my list is really long, so feel free to only read the first sentence or two, or just skip it entirely. I will try to list everything in order of importance (in my opinion) but some things may still be a bit misplaced.

1. Quality over Quantity

So, this will cover several different aspects of ARK which I will divide up to make simpler.

-Glitches: One major issue that me, and many other people have with ARK is that the developers chose to focus on adding as much content as possible instead of trying to fix existing content. While I understand adding in new content quickly keeps people interested, your game will do far better and have a longer life if everything works as well as it can before launch. I understand having glitches in a Pre-release version, but that's the point of it, so that players can find the glitches, report them, and allow the developers to fix them. However with ARK, there are still many glitches that have been around from the very beginning and still haven't been fixed even after release. I could go on a huge rant about the different game breaking glitches that still occur, but I will refrain from doing so, and simply ask Wildcard to please try to fix bugs in the game before adding in new content. This also applies to balancing the game in a fair way, however I will talk about that in the next subject, but to put it simply, balance the creatures and weapons in the base game before adding in new ones, especially ones that break said balance.

-Tool and Creature Usefulness: As much as I understand having more creatures and tools/weapons to craft is fun, it makes the world feel more lively and gives you more to have fun with, don't include it if there is no point in having it in the game. For example of creatures, Liopluradon, Galimimus, Carno, and Carbonemys, all creatures that roam the world of ARK, yet are almost, if not completely useless. Like I said, I like having creatures in the game as it makes the world feel more alive, but if its tamable, try to make them have some use other than to have it. Seriously, no one ever uses Carnos because they are outdone by the Baryonyx and Allosaurus, the Galimimus beings nothing useful to the table, Carbonemys are tanks,  but cant dish out damage and only really work as distractions, and the Liopluradon has always been useless.

-Maps: This on will be quick, add in new maps only if its really going to work and be successful, don't use development time to add maps just because. 

2. Game Balance

This is easily one of the spots that ARK does the worst, to the point that I have to divide it up into several different subjects which will have the main point of balance at the start, but to keep it short here, essentially ARK has this weird balance system where the effectiveness/ difficulty of something jumps way to much without any in between. I will elaborate on this more below.

-Wild dino balance. As a PvE player, the first thing that comes to mind when I mention balance in this game is how poorly balanced the wild dinos are in the game. What I mean by this is that some creatures in the wild are simply way to strong and shouldn't be as powerful as they are, and obviously I am referring to creatures such as the Giga and Titanosaur/Argentinosaurus. Seriously, why is the wild Giga so strong to the point its nearly impossible to kill without either shooting at it from somewhere it can't get you, or without using tek armor, especially since the tamed Giga isn't even half as strong as a wild one. I'm going to give a brief (hopefully brief), example as to how I personally think it should be in ARK 2. Lets say in ARK 2 a level 1 tamed Rex has 1,000 health, and is capable of doing 300 damage to a Trike, while a level 1 tamed Giga has 7,000 health and does 650 damage to a Trike, and a wild level 1 Giga has 15,000 health and does 1,100 damage to a Trike. Essentially the point that I'm trying to make is, while their should definitely be creatures that are really hard to tame, their usefulness compared to other creatures of an easier taming difficulty should be apparent, as well as any wild creature that spawns in the world should be killable ( I know thats not a word) by a high enough level of its species or another strong species, even if the fight is close and the player barely manages to win, a level 300 Rex should be capable of beating a level 20 wild Giga, or a level 117 Giga should be capable of beating a level 16 wild Giga (anyone who gets what video I'm referring to gets a point)

-Difficulty Level Balance. So this is one of the weirdest subjects in ARK in my opinion because it depends on what your changing the difficult of. For example, raising the game difficulty seems to alter things so little that I honestly don't feel a difference. Dino levels barely change, accept for high levels being minimally more common. At the same time the difficulty jump between fighting the Gamma and Beta level boss is ridiculous. I recently beat the Beta Broodmother only losing a level 56 Rex and level 64 Carno, other than that the rest of my army which consisted of 15 Rexs, 8 Allos, 2 Carnos, 2 Megatheriums, a Yutyrannus, a Spino,. and a Daeodon barely took any damage. Because of that I figured I'd fight the Beta level boss, and I went in expecting to loss some, if not most of my army, and then my entire fighting forced died without bringing the boss below half health. Seriously, why is the jump in difficulty so high? I agree that I should have defiantly lost quite a few of my dinos and the others should have all taken a lot of damage, but all of them dying, from one difficulty level up is ridiculous.

-Taming/Kibble Balance: This is a hot debated subject on this game, which is the kibble chart. Now I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, but to keep it short, the difficulty of taming and the type of kibble it uses should corespondent with the recommended level of taming (when you unlock its saddle), and how useful it is. A Megalodon shouldn't require Spino kibble as the sharks are medium level tames while Spinos are high level, Dimetrodons and Galimimus are at beast medium level tames, but should be low level, yet to you kibble you need a Quetzal, early-mid level Lymantria shouldn't use high-medium level Thorny Dragon kibble, and Doedics and Ankylos either need earlier saddle unlocks or slightly high leveled kibble, as four examples. As I mentioned, a creatures long term usefulness and recommended survivor tame level should reflect how difficult it is to tame the creature.

-Tool and Weapon Balance: Now, this is not going to be talking about PvP, as that is going to be the next issue, this is simply referring to the issues with how useful different tools and weapons are in relation to each other. I am going to quickly mention that guns should have damage drop-off at range (accept the Long Neck and Sniper Rifle). Now, I agree with having starter tools that easily break and have no advantage over higher leveled tools, thats fine. My issue is with comparing stuff such as the double barreled shotgun to the pump action, or the fabricated pistol to the assault rifle. I'll start off with the shotgun example. now, I understand the Long-Neck Rifle, Double Barrel, and simple pistol are meant to be earlier versions of the fabricated weapons, but they should still have SOME advantage over the fabricated weapons so that they aren't essentially useless. For example, the double barrel should have tighter bullet spread and greater range than the pump action, but the pump should be able to fire off a lot more shots faster and do the same damage. The other issue is even when you do unlock fabricated weapons, I only see people use the shotgun and assault rifle, because the pistol and sniper rifle are barely ever useful as they can't dish out damage as fast as the shotgun or rifle. Another example of a poorly balanced weapon is the Electrical Prod, and even though its a high leveled weapon, no one ever uses it over tranqu darts or arrows. Speaking of tranquilizer weapons, the harpoon is useless as well, the crossbow is better in every situation.

3. PvP

Finally off of that topic, while I never play PvP, I know that it is horrible in ARK. As soon as one tribe becomes strong, they're going to wipe out everyone else, and if they don't someone else will. If I'm being honest, PvP shouldn't be on public servers, IN THE BEGINNING of the pre-release. At least from the start of the pre-release, PvP just shouldn't be in the game on public servers, it should only be an option for private servers until the developers can come up with a way to balance it. I would go into a long explanation as to how I think PvP could be fixed, but I'm not going to here, all I'll say is maybe both tribes/players have to agree to it before they can kill each other and destroy the others stuff on public servers, this can be ignored on private servers. Another small note with PvP is you shouldm't be able to transfer dinos between public servers, only your own private servers and maybe friends private servers.

4. Physics

Seriously, please just fix the physics for the next game. I've died more times due to sliding down a 10 degree slope than I have to raptors.

5. No non-permanent tames

Just don't include them. Most people don't even bother taming them because whats the point in taming something if its gonna disappear in 24 hours?

6. Size tools and weapons properly.

Why is my shotgun longer than I am tall? Why does my ax make me look like I'm three feet tall?  Why is the Long Neck rifle literally larger than some dinos? Just size tools with the base character size please so that way it looks less weird.

7. Game suggestions

This is going to be a quick part where I just state things that I'd like to see in ARK 2. More tool and weapon variety. For example, maybe three different assault rifles that have different states, or two different types of pick axes that have different pros and cons. I don't know, I had more ideas but I forgot them, oh well I guess.

7 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

If they don't fix number 1, i wouldn't even think to get 2, there is also no reason for a 2, they can just continue to add mods and servers that host mods or just let unofficial do the mod thing and they can sort out any issues they currently have with 1.

I can agree with that, but I still think that a game should be balanced without the need of mods. Either way, number 1 is undeniably the most important.

4 hours ago, Marksman338 said:

I could go on a huge rant about the different game breaking glitches

You pretty much did. If WC paid attention and actually implemented changes based on your rant it would likely break the game even worse. Content comes from your imagination, and that's why the many "useless" dinos exist - they possibly all have a purpose. 

In my opinion WC produced a unique video game - regardless of its many issues WC - likely has an intern working hard to "data gather" for devs to look at as WC continues to develop (rather than break it until its really broken). 

1 hour ago, FraggleRock said:

You pretty much did. If WC paid attention and actually implemented changes based on your rant it would likely break the game even worse. Content comes from your imagination, and that's why the many "useless" dinos exist - they possibly all have a purpose. 

In my opinion WC produced a unique video game - regardless of its many issues WC - likely has an intern working hard to "data gather" for devs to look at as WC continues to develop (rather than break it until its really broken). 

I agree with you that the game was unique and I do really enjoy it. I've put more hours into ARK than almost any other game, but I would still rather have a game that works over a game with a lot of content. The issue with choosing quality over quantity is one of the reasons why ARK has so many negative ratings, which I don't think the game deserves, but I can't ignore those complaints either as they are genuine issues.

18 hours ago, jpcab said:

My imprinted giga kills wild giga in 2 minutes

I would do that if it wasn't for the fact that all the Giga's that spawn in my world are always under level 10. Also, my point wasn't just that a tamed Giga should be able to beat a wild Giga, I was trying to say that while there should still be powerful creatures that are hard to beat, you should still be able to beat a Giga with an extremely strong Rex, even if the fight is close, it should still be possible without using cheat codes or modifying server stats.

18 hours ago, btb556 said:

Why not just work on this one? If they leave the current game then all the servers will become a dead wasteland. They should just keep going at this, like WOW and MC have.

I agree that they should just continue working on the current ARK and fix it, but Studio Wildcard has already expressed interest in making an ARK 2 as opposed to making this one perfect, which is why I made this topic.

1 hour ago, Marksman338 said:

I agree that they should just continue working on the current ARK and fix it, but Studio Wildcard has already expressed interest in making an ARK 2 as opposed to making this one perfect, which is why I made this topic.

If a company abandons their games to make a 'new and improved' version, then they will never actually make the 'perfect' game. There's a reason why experienced gamemakers still get bugs.

23 hours ago, btb556 said:

Why not just work on this one? If they leave the current game then all the servers will become a dead wasteland. They should just keep going at this, like WOW and MC have.

That is because when they made ark they were new to coding/making a game. Ark is made with a bad and unstable coding system. They expressed interest in Ark 2 because it will allow them to fix the coding issues with a proper method of developing a game for a much more stable version from the start.

12 hours ago, Thredra said:

That is because when they made ark they were new to coding/making a game. Ark is made with a bad and unstable coding system. They expressed interest in Ark 2 because it will allow them to fix the coding issues with a proper method of developing a game for a much more stable version from the start.

*glances at Citadel Reignited* you don't need a new game. I can see them murdering the coding they don't like and replacing it, while keeping the stuff that they do like - and their playerbase.

I think it’s safe to say that Ark 2 will be far more perfected than Ark 1. Your speech is respectable, but I’m almost certain the devs are well aware of their mistakes and misgivings and are prepared to properly construct Ark 2.

Their concept is more cherishable in Ark 1 rather than the work it’s self, yes. Between bugs, meshing, and the balance issues, there’s no DOUBT they could have prolonged the longevity of this game, but for whatever reason, most certainly because of money, they dropped the bomb on themselves. Whether or not it exploded or was a dud is subjective because plenty still play the game and are intending to purchase the upcoming DLC. 

1 hour ago, Corrigan said:

I think it’s safe to say that Ark 2 will be far more perfected than Ark 1. Your speech is respectable, but I’m almost certain the devs are well aware of their mistakes and misgivings and are prepared to properly construct Ark 2.

Their concept is more cherishable in Ark 1 rather than the work it’s self, yes. Between bugs, meshing, and the balance issues, there’s no DOUBT they could have prolonged the longevity of this game, but for whatever reason, most certainly because of money, they dropped the bomb on themselves. Whether or not it exploded or was a dud is subjective because plenty still play the game and are intending to purchase the upcoming DLC. 

I'm glad to see someone optimistic on ARK 2, I really do hope that Wildcard does learn from the mistakes of ARK 1 and will make the second ARK far greater, and hopefully save it from the many negative and mixed reviews of the first.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:32 AM, Marksman338 said:

PvP shouldn't be on public servers, IN THE BEGINNING of the pre-release.

DILO seriously. The whole point of PVP servers are to do PVP and here you are saying you shouldn't be allowed to PVP on PVP servers???

At least from the start of the pre-release, PvP just shouldn't be in the game on public servers, it should only be an option for private servers

No the majority of people play this game for its PVP and they like public servers where they don't have to deal with admin abuse or severs randomly being shut down.

both tribes/players have to agree to it before they can kill each other and destroy the others stuff on public servers

I can't even begin to imagine what you were smoking when you came up with this gem. This kind of  nonsense PVE feature doesn't belong anywhere near a PVP server.

you shouldm't be able to transfer dinos between public servers, only your own private servers and maybe friends private servers.

The ability to transfer is a core part of the ARK experience and makes servers more accessible. It is one of ARK's best features.

The "suggestions" you have laid out for for how to improve PVP come down to converting it to some kind of weird PVE hybrid. You have said your some kind of PVE player and it really shows. Lets leave PVP suggestions to PVP players.

8 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

DILO seriously. The whole point of PVP servers are to do PVP and here you are saying you shouldn't be allowed to PVP on PVP servers???

No the majority of people play this game for its PVP and they like public servers where they don't have to deal with admin abuse or severs randomly being shut down.

I can't even begin to imagine what you were smoking when you came up with this gem. This kind of  nonsense PVE feature doesn't belong anywhere near a PVP server.

The ability to transfer is a core part of the ARK experience and makes servers more accessible. It is one of ARK's best features.

The "suggestions" you have laid out for for how to improve PVP come down to converting it to some kind of weird PVE hybrid. You have said your some kind of PVE player and it really shows. Lets leave PVP suggestions to PVP players.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I admit I don't know anything about PvP because I don't enjoy public servers. If you don't like my ideas, thats perfectly fine and I'd rather leave PvP to be up to people who enjoy it rather than have me control it. Those were just suggestions. Also, I wasn't saying to remove PvP from PvP servers, I was saying that PvP shouldn't be in ARK 2 during the beginning of the Pre-Alpha, and that it should be implemented a bit later in order to find a more balanced system, but if people don't like it thats fine, as I said my idea isn't even remotely perfect, it was something I came up with on the spot as a simple suggest to see what people thought.

1 hour ago, Marksman338 said:

I'm perfectly fine with that. I admit I don't know anything about PvP because I don't enjoy public servers. If you don't like my ideas, thats perfectly fine and I'd rather leave PvP to be up to people who enjoy it rather than have me control it. Those were just suggestions. Also, I wasn't saying to remove PvP from PvP servers, I was saying that PvP shouldn't be in ARK 2 during the beginning of the Pre-Alpha, and that it should be implemented a bit later in order to find a more balanced system, but if people don't like it thats fine, as I said my idea isn't even remotely perfect, it was something I came up with on the spot as a simple suggest to see what people thought.

PVP in ARK is fine its already balanced it doesn't need to be noobified. The strong survive and the weak perish that's how its meant to be. Competition is king.

6 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

PVP in ARK is fine its already balanced it doesn't need to be noobified. The strong survive and the weak perish that's how its meant to be. Competition is king.

Okay then, that's perfectly fine. Like I said, I don't play multiplayer so I don't have an opinion, the suggestion to rework PvP (actually all these suggestions), were based on criticisms of the game from people who put time into the game, but ended up hating it, so I admit that a lot of people who do enjoy this game already probably won't like most, if not all these suggestions.

Anybody here ever tried to build content for this game? Yeah the tools are so outrageously restrictive, and lock out a pile of useful features that the Unreal Engine 4 offers. I don't even know why ARK is not using the actual UE4 tools, instead of these broken things that they offer. If the devs are using that same kit, why? I think ARK 2 needs more than an upgraded engine and game design. I think it needs better staff to make better decisions, and coders who can put things together in a more meaningful manner. And start with a better API system, from the start. Vulkan or DX12, choose it and forget 11. Make sure explicit-multi GPU is supported out of the box, this will make people happy. Graphical demanding game? Well slap another card in and watch it solve that issue. Vulkan and DX12 were talking about making it easier for developers to implement it. It's also a great advertising tool to get early adopters over to your game, who then talk about it with other people.

Anyways I'm going to bed.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:02 PM, Marksman338 said:

Since Studio Wildcard has at least hinted at making an ARK 2, I figured it's never to early for the community to give the developers feedback to try and make the game better than the first. This is meant to be a general discussion on things you and others want changed from ARK to ARK 2, and/or things you simply want to see in the game that weren't in the first. I will admit my list is really long, so feel free to only read the first sentence or two, or just skip it entirely. I will try to list everything in order of importance (in my opinion) but some things may still be a bit misplaced.

1. Quality over Quantity

So, this will cover several different aspects of ARK which I will divide up to make simpler.

-Glitches: One major issue that me, and many other people have with ARK is that the developers chose to focus on adding as much content as possible instead of trying to fix existing content. While I understand adding in new content quickly keeps people interested, your game will do far better and have a longer life if everything works as well as it can before launch. I understand having glitches in a Pre-release version, but that's the point of it, so that players can find the glitches, report them, and allow the developers to fix them. However with ARK, there are still many glitches that have been around from the very beginning and still haven't been fixed even after release. I could go on a huge rant about the different game breaking glitches that still occur, but I will refrain from doing so, and simply ask Wildcard to please try to fix bugs in the game before adding in new content. This also applies to balancing the game in a fair way, however I will talk about that in the next subject, but to put it simply, balance the creatures and weapons in the base game before adding in new ones, especially ones that break said balance.

-Tool and Creature Usefulness: As much as I understand having more creatures and tools/weapons to craft is fun, it makes the world feel more lively and gives you more to have fun with, don't include it if there is no point in having it in the game. For example of creatures, Liopluradon, Galimimus, Carno, and Carbonemys, all creatures that roam the world of ARK, yet are almost, if not completely useless. Like I said, I like having creatures in the game as it makes the world feel more alive, but if its tamable, try to make them have some use other than to have it. Seriously, no one ever uses Carnos because they are outdone by the Baryonyx and Allosaurus, the Galimimus beings nothing useful to the table, Carbonemys are tanks,  but cant dish out damage and only really work as distractions, and the Liopluradon has always been useless.

-Maps: This on will be quick, add in new maps only if its really going to work and be successful, don't use development time to add maps just because. 

2. Game Balance

This is easily one of the spots that ARK does the worst, to the point that I have to divide it up into several different subjects which will have the main point of balance at the start, but to keep it short here, essentially ARK has this weird balance system where the effectiveness/ difficulty of something jumps way to much without any in between. I will elaborate on this more below.

-Wild dino balance. As a PvE player, the first thing that comes to mind when I mention balance in this game is how poorly balanced the wild dinos are in the game. What I mean by this is that some creatures in the wild are simply way to strong and shouldn't be as powerful as they are, and obviously I am referring to creatures such as the Giga and Titanosaur/Argentinosaurus. Seriously, why is the wild Giga so strong to the point its nearly impossible to kill without either shooting at it from somewhere it can't get you, or without using tek armor, especially since the tamed Giga isn't even half as strong as a wild one. I'm going to give a brief (hopefully brief), example as to how I personally think it should be in ARK 2. Lets say in ARK 2 a level 1 tamed Rex has 1,000 health, and is capable of doing 300 damage to a Trike, while a level 1 tamed Giga has 7,000 health and does 650 damage to a Trike, and a wild level 1 Giga has 15,000 health and does 1,100 damage to a Trike. Essentially the point that I'm trying to make is, while their should definitely be creatures that are really hard to tame, their usefulness compared to other creatures of an easier taming difficulty should be apparent, as well as any wild creature that spawns in the world should be killable ( I know thats not a word) by a high enough level of its species or another strong species, even if the fight is close and the player barely manages to win, a level 300 Rex should be capable of beating a level 20 wild Giga, or a level 117 Giga should be capable of beating a level 16 wild Giga (anyone who gets what video I'm referring to gets a point)

-Difficulty Level Balance. So this is one of the weirdest subjects in ARK in my opinion because it depends on what your changing the difficult of. For example, raising the game difficulty seems to alter things so little that I honestly don't feel a difference. Dino levels barely change, accept for high levels being minimally more common. At the same time the difficulty jump between fighting the Gamma and Beta level boss is ridiculous. I recently beat the Beta Broodmother only losing a level 56 Rex and level 64 Carno, other than that the rest of my army which consisted of 15 Rexs, 8 Allos, 2 Carnos, 2 Megatheriums, a Yutyrannus, a Spino,. and a Daeodon barely took any damage. Because of that I figured I'd fight the Beta level boss, and I went in expecting to loss some, if not most of my army, and then my entire fighting forced died without bringing the boss below half health. Seriously, why is the jump in difficulty so high? I agree that I should have defiantly lost quite a few of my dinos and the others should have all taken a lot of damage, but all of them dying, from one difficulty level up is ridiculous.

-Taming/Kibble Balance: This is a hot debated subject on this game, which is the kibble chart. Now I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, but to keep it short, the difficulty of taming and the type of kibble it uses should corespondent with the recommended level of taming (when you unlock its saddle), and how useful it is. A Megalodon shouldn't require Spino kibble as the sharks are medium level tames while Spinos are high level, Dimetrodons and Galimimus are at beast medium level tames, but should be low level, yet to you kibble you need a Quetzal, early-mid level Lymantria shouldn't use high-medium level Thorny Dragon kibble, and Doedics and Ankylos either need earlier saddle unlocks or slightly high leveled kibble, as four examples. As I mentioned, a creatures long term usefulness and recommended survivor tame level should reflect how difficult it is to tame the creature.

-Tool and Weapon Balance: Now, this is not going to be talking about PvP, as that is going to be the next issue, this is simply referring to the issues with how useful different tools and weapons are in relation to each other. I am going to quickly mention that guns should have damage drop-off at range (accept the Long Neck and Sniper Rifle). Now, I agree with having starter tools that easily break and have no advantage over higher leveled tools, thats fine. My issue is with comparing stuff such as the double barreled shotgun to the pump action, or the fabricated pistol to the assault rifle. I'll start off with the shotgun example. now, I understand the Long-Neck Rifle, Double Barrel, and simple pistol are meant to be earlier versions of the fabricated weapons, but they should still have SOME advantage over the fabricated weapons so that they aren't essentially useless. For example, the double barrel should have tighter bullet spread and greater range than the pump action, but the pump should be able to fire off a lot more shots faster and do the same damage. The other issue is even when you do unlock fabricated weapons, I only see people use the shotgun and assault rifle, because the pistol and sniper rifle are barely ever useful as they can't dish out damage as fast as the shotgun or rifle. Another example of a poorly balanced weapon is the Electrical Prod, and even though its a high leveled weapon, no one ever uses it over tranqu darts or arrows. Speaking of tranquilizer weapons, the harpoon is useless as well, the crossbow is better in every situation.

3. PvP

Finally off of that topic, while I never play PvP, I know that it is horrible in ARK. As soon as one tribe becomes strong, they're going to wipe out everyone else, and if they don't someone else will. If I'm being honest, PvP shouldn't be on public servers, IN THE BEGINNING of the pre-release. At least from the start of the pre-release, PvP just shouldn't be in the game on public servers, it should only be an option for private servers until the developers can come up with a way to balance it. I would go into a long explanation as to how I think PvP could be fixed, but I'm not going to here, all I'll say is maybe both tribes/players have to agree to it before they can kill each other and destroy the others stuff on public servers, this can be ignored on private servers. Another small note with PvP is you shouldm't be able to transfer dinos between public servers, only your own private servers and maybe friends private servers.

4. Physics

Seriously, please just fix the physics for the next game. I've died more times due to sliding down a 10 degree slope than I have to raptors.

5. No non-permanent tames

Just don't include them. Most people don't even bother taming them because whats the point in taming something if its gonna disappear in 24 hours?

6. Size tools and weapons properly.

Why is my shotgun longer than I am tall? Why does my ax make me look like I'm three feet tall?  Why is the Long Neck rifle literally larger than some dinos? Just size tools with the base character size please so that way it looks less weird.

7. Game suggestions

This is going to be a quick part where I just state things that I'd like to see in ARK 2. More tool and weapon variety. For example, maybe three different assault rifles that have different states, or two different types of pick axes that have different pros and cons. I don't know, I had more ideas but I forgot them, oh well I guess.

if you would actually think about ark 1.   it is just a test to see what fixes they will have to make and what changes they will have to make in order to make the next aark the best survival game of all time.   ark 1 is just a indie game that is meant to be tested and help train the devs to make a even more better quality game.

Archived