New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Corrupt creatures will be untamable, so even if they are dino #1, you won't be getting an arsenal of these to be an eye sore to you.

single player?  they used to be guess they noticed i tamed a few and pulled the fun plug :(

Edit:Added pic: its dead eye at the back, only pic i got :(tKWopap.jpg

Edited by zeroBurnAcidCool

31 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

single player?  they used to be guess they noticed i tamed a few and pulled the fun plug :(

Edit:Added pic: its dead eye at the back, only pic i got :(tKWopap.jpg

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. Corrupted creatures don't currently exist in ark, you can't have already tamed them unless you have some mod which adds its own version of corrupt creatures. If it's a mod, then the mod's version of corrupted and Extinction's version of corrupted will be different.

HA i got this thread mixed up with another about favorite tames, ops, was early and just woke up.  But yea based on the image alone i know i don't like them and i called in the corrupted set and seen that in the game and dislike that so 2 strikes means i won' t like whatever these things will look like, that is all i am saying.

The img was a mistake meant for another thread.

11 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

HA i got this thread mixed up with another about favorite tames, ops, was early and just woke up.  But yea based on the image alone i know i don't like them and i called in the corrupted set and seen that in the game and dislike that so 2 strikes means i won' t like whatever these things will look like, that is all i am saying.

The img was a mistake meant for another thread.

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense.

Not really related but just I can't find and tek sword or tek shield or even tek light

like literally not even greyed out

oh and I can't get Ragnarok DLC I've tried every single tutorial but it just doesn't work

back to topic(ZOOOM)

ok so I like the idea it's absolutely AMAZING, imma try and buy it as soon as I can ???

question are we getting more tek stuff???

Edited by Raptorcookie

On 8/20/2018 at 2:01 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

Really ? The first time you saw this game, the SCIFI was really the focus to you ? 

This game has been advertised as a DINOSAUR GAME. Stop saying "it's not about dinos, it's about scifi" because that's a very poor argument. Obelisks ? Implants ? Yes of course everybody bought ARK to play with an implant in the arm. HUGE JOKE. People bought ARK because of the Rex and Raptor, the dinosaurs, it's the main thing, even on the cover. It was advertised as a dino game, dino were the selling argument. 

The scifi argument is just so meaningless, you just avoid the obvious part. When you see Jurassic World, is it advertised as scifi because the creatures have a bio-engineered backstory ? No, it's advertised as a movie about DINOSAURS. Because that's sooooo obvious. And the scifi is just here for the backstory. Same with game like Turok, The Isle and most others. Because without a kind of scifi or magic, how would you explain a world with both human and dinos? 

Even Jurassic Park is not about dinos to you ? Because that's what your way of meaning suggest. 

Ask the people why they started playing ARK, it's mainly because of the dinos. Without the dino argument, ARK would have been a huge FLOP. If the first map had been Aberration, SE or even Extinction instead of the Island, ARK would have never reach an official release. That's why they keep implementing the old dino in every DLC. 

No dino, no ARK, it's that simple. 

Many players are sad or disappointed because they still hope for more about dinos, prehistoric creatures and wild areas. Scifi is cool but we feel forgotten because of the lack of dino. We'll see after Extinction, but I feel that if they keep ignoring the prehistoric creatures like that, they'll lose a big part of their player-base. We need more dinos and TLC. 

So man and dinosaurs co existing is not sci fi?

2 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

So man and dinosaurs co existing is not sci fi?

Read me again please. The 2 easiest way to "explain" dino and human coexisting are scifi and magic-fantasy. Most of the fiction story about dino use scifi or magic for the "backstory". 

Example: Jurassic Park dino are explained by scifi (genetic engineered creatures). 

But what I want to say: Even franchise like Jurassic Park or Turok use some scifi explanation BUT when you look at those universe, it looks FIRST as a DINOSAUR universe because the scifi part is here just to "support"/explain why there are living dinos... Same with ARK at the beginning. Obliviously a game about dinosaurs. And just some scifi "to explain it". 

But now it's reverse, they use dinos as a support for their scifi futuristic zombie world... It's like if Jurassic World become ONLY about strange hybrid and mutant and just keep 1-2 dino to make us remember it's supposed to be the same franchise... 

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

But now it's reverse, they use dinos as a support for their scifi futuristic zombie world... It's like if Jurassic World become ONLY about strange hybrid and mutant and just keep 1-2 dino to make us remember it's supposed to be the same franchise... 

Jurassic World is going in that direction though. You have all the Jurassic Park films which centered on Dinosaurs, one's that existed in real life. Then you had Jurassic World which introduced the Indominus Rex which is a strange hybrid, then Jurassic World 2 introduces IndoRaptor, another strange hybrid. If the Jurassic World films were to continue going beyond III they'd likely be focusing more and more on the strange hybrids and less and less on the original dinosaurs.

7 hours ago, IncredibleZed said:

And now I probably will too. Never really realized that i might change someone's view that mutch lol.

"Ahh! We've got a bunch of grimm coming our way"
"What"
"Grimm!"
"What one earth are you talking about"
*everyone gets murdered because no one understood*
mmhmm, yup, I'm doing this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest chancho33015

Wonder if those rexes will do something different...or if it's just a new skin. 

Still upset about the fact that those new tek Dinos are...usless. look ok...but...nothing to add other than the look. 

I want those new rexes to be obviously different in looks and abilities.