New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

3 hours ago, pistachio said:

So will any of the abberation creatures be on this map?

No one but the devs know this.

You might want to send a question to them since they're restarting the digest.

Although, we didn't get any scorched creatures in aberration. They're vastly different maps, but it's something to think about.

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:58 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

Kind of sad, having Extinction after Aberration wasn't the best idea. New creatures will only be pure-scifi things again, like robots or the gasbag. Only "new dinos" will be the old ones with an "element-corrupted" look. 

I bought the game because I'm a fan of dinos and both prehistoric/modern animals. I'm probably not the only one. A bit of fantasy with the dragon was nice too. But with the actual focus only on scifi and the lack of new "prehistoric creatures", it just doesn't look like the game I was hyped about years ago. 

I had a bit of hope/hype with the picture of brachio, stygi and styra (finally just skins for a random event...) but I totally stopped playing ARK since 2 months. I kept looking at the news, hoping for something less scifi but... you know. Not even sure if they will be another DLC after Extinction. If not, probably not a single new dinos anymore. Guess I was too hyped about dinos when buying the season pass, my mistake... 

But cool for people that enjoy this evolution, it looks very good ! But I'm just looking for something else. If somebody can suggest me a good dino (survival) game, because I'm just playing JW Evolution, while waiting (hoping) for "The Isle" to release on consoles...

Definitely the Extinction of ARK for me?

Thanks for all those years of hype and all those hours playing with awesome dinos ! Good luck for the next years ! 

Sounds like we Booth are typical Primitiv+ Players - if you havn´t played Primitiv+ - try it out - no TEK, no Bombs no C4 ... a more historic gameplay.

WC - GIVE US MORE ON Primitive+ -- 

15 hours ago, IWannabeBanana said:

Uhh... Is The Extinction Chronicle The Only Event To Get Cool Dinos Or Will There Be More Cuz I Was Kinda Late To See This T~T

It depends on which dinos you're talking about.

The tek versions are permanent, and will continue to spawn even after the event ends. The new colors are temporary, but we do get color events somewhat frequently, so you will have access to differently colored dinos in the future anyway.

10 hours ago, IncredibleZed said:

Does anyone else think of roosterteeth's RWBY when they see the shattered moon?

Not until you pointed it out, I didn't.

I'm never going to unsee that now, thanks for completely changing the Extinction night(or maybe day?) experience for me.

I'm going to end up referring to the corrupted creatures as grim now.

I hope they'll be focusing on game fixes after this...looks awesome and extremely beautiful, but I can't even play on Ab without crashing and/or falling through the map every time I log out. I bought SE when it was first released and that quickly got overshadowed by Rag. More dinos plus it's free. Then Ab releases and it's extremely broken and just now starting to get patched. I've loved this game since day one, but adding new things only worsens the problem. Please release more patches and fix older maps.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:58 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

Kind of sad, having Extinction after Aberration wasn't the best idea. New creatures will only be pure-scifi things again, like robots or the gasbag. Only "new dinos" will be the old ones with an "element-corrupted" look. 

I bought the game because I'm a fan of dinos and both prehistoric/modern animals. I'm probably not the only one. A bit of fantasy with the dragon was nice too. But with the actual focus only on scifi and the lack of new "prehistoric creatures", it just doesn't look like the game I was hyped about years ago. 

I had a bit of hope/hype with the picture of brachio, stygi and styra (finally just skins for a random event...) but I totally stopped playing ARK since 2 months. I kept looking at the news, hoping for something less scifi but... you know. Not even sure if they will be another DLC after Extinction. If not, probably not a single new dinos anymore. Guess I was too hyped about dinos when buying the season pass, my mistake... 

But cool for people that enjoy this evolution, it looks very good ! But I'm just looking for something else. If somebody can suggest me a good dino (survival) game, because I'm just playing JW Evolution, while waiting (hoping) for "The Isle" to release on consoles...

Definitely the Extinction of ARK for me?

Thanks for all those years of hype and all those hours playing with awesome dinos ! Good luck for the next years ! 

This game has  been advertised as sci-fi since the beginning. It's your fault. Specimen Implants, Holographic Inventories, Supply Drops, Obelisks and the word "Evolve" in the game's title didnt give you this hint?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

This game has  been advertised as sci-fi since the beginning. It's your fault. Specimen Implants, Holographic Inventories, Supply Drops, Obelisks and the word "Evolve" in the game's title didnt give you this hint?

Really ? The first time you saw this game, the SCIFI was really the focus to you ? 

This game has been advertised as a DINOSAUR GAME. Stop saying "it's not about dinos, it's about scifi" because that's a very poor argument. Obelisks ? Implants ? Yes of course everybody bought ARK to play with an implant in the arm. HUGE JOKE. People bought ARK because of the Rex and Raptor, the dinosaurs, it's the main thing, even on the cover. It was advertised as a dino game, dino were the selling argument. 

The scifi argument is just so meaningless, you just avoid the obvious part. When you see Jurassic World, is it advertised as scifi because the creatures have a bio-engineered backstory ? No, it's advertised as a movie about DINOSAURS. Because that's sooooo obvious. And the scifi is just here for the backstory. Same with game like Turok, The Isle and most others. Because without a kind of scifi or magic, how would you explain a world with both human and dinos? 

Even Jurassic Park is not about dinos to you ? Because that's what your way of meaning suggest. 

Ask the people why they started playing ARK, it's mainly because of the dinos. Without the dino argument, ARK would have been a huge FLOP. If the first map had been Aberration, SE or even Extinction instead of the Island, ARK would have never reach an official release. That's why they keep implementing the old dino in every DLC. 

No dino, no ARK, it's that simple. 

Many players are sad or disappointed because they still hope for more about dinos, prehistoric creatures and wild areas. Scifi is cool but we feel forgotten because of the lack of dino. We'll see after Extinction, but I feel that if they keep ignoring the prehistoric creatures like that, they'll lose a big part of their player-base. We need more dinos and TLC. 

I truly hope this map offers a whole new way of taming where us players can't land running with everything make us work again where people can't go where we like the games dying because goals are hit to quickly. it does look awesome I cant wait for this. Maybe a selection of things we can take over like kibbles and nothing else make us grind until we unlock a tek item or something that allows us to transfer things over so everyone no matter how seasoned a player cant be a map hoarder. Though not a boss to unlock such a thing as people have loads on other maps people would moan about being spread to thin to keep everything alive as well as trying to progress on this DL 

I dunno but good luck WC for the launch (hopefully on time too :)

I have finally given up on ark I've been playing for years. Ive been free for 5mos now.This game will take your life from you so what I mean is taming a dino or raising an egg into a baby your looking at two weeks real life not game time or one week time on weekends. It is high time for the Developers of this game to reset the taming and baby raising times down so ppl with a life or don't have a life can enjoy the game..let's be real here the game has no real updates just more and more crashing dinos glitching..come ppl fight back stop letting this happen grow and dam back bone..i know it may seem like iam complaining but all of you arkers have been there and are still there dealing with this crap . ppl need to come together not one but all of you and say enough is enough ....

26 minutes ago, XeMpTFrOmDAT said:

In depth look at the bottom picture.

I see a rex in the far top right background of the bottom picture as well as multiple stegos scattered in the background. The Rex appears to be chasing something, but is it very hard to tell if there is actually something on the picture that is in front of it. Also see multiple gallimimus on the left side which look like they are running from something that is behind the tree to the right of them. We can see a spiked tail coming from the top of the tree which can be assumed as a stego tail but it looks like a rex is peeking around the right of the tree leaves only exposing part of its head. There is also a possible carno fighting defense drones on the right. There is definitely two distinctly different types of tek life forms in the picture. Of course there is quite a few defense drones but there is also a different type of tek thing walking across the bridge in the water. There also seems to be an unknown Dino in between two tek things to the right of the lamppost seen in the bottom left of the picture. I can also see paracers in combat with a sarco and a parasaur drinking water. Another sarco can be seen floating in the water to the left of the parasaur. Also a possible castoroides in the middle of the picture. There may also be an outline of a spino in the back right water pool. Only the sail can really be made out. There is also a resemblance of a tek teleporter pad on the structure directly behind the water pools. There also seems to be another tek life form, coming down the topmost left ramp hidden mostly behind a tree. It does not resemble either of the other tek life forms in the picture. There is also the highly detailed tek life form that takes up a big portion of the right border of the picture. The last thing I found in this picture was an odd figure in the trees located on the left side of the picture. We can see a blue and brown shape coming out above the trees above and to the left of the gallimimus pack. It could possibly be the head of one of the titan bosses but I feel like that a titan boss would be a lot taller than that unless there is a drop off behind the trees. The blue and brown shape does not seem to fit the normal theme of the landscape so I doubt it is a rock or something.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:58 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

So you just totally ignored the obelisks, implants and thought this was not going to be a robotic -sci-fi game somehow?  The piece in the arm was the FIRST thing you saw starting the game it was always sci-fi....

Edit:

Cant delete so i'll add i dislike the look of the corrupted things, i saw the nearly full corrupted set already and i was like nope doesn't look good to me, idk what could've been done, kind of reminds me a very little bit of venom type of style going on, but it just looks very busy.  I do not know what exactly would've been better about it, it just seems off to me and i really, really, hope these corrupted rex's(dinos) aren't the would be top species ever. :(

Edited by zeroBurnAcidCool

5 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

So you just totally ignored the obelisks, implants and thought this was not going to be a robotic -sci-fi game somehow?  The piece in the arm was the FIRST thing you saw starting the game it was always sci-fi....

Edit:

Cant delete so i'll add i dislike the look of the corrupted things, i saw the nearly full corrupted set already and i was like nope doesn't look good to me, idk what could've been done, kind of reminds me a very little bit of venom type of style going on, but it just looks very busy.  I do not know what exactly would've been better about it, it just seems off to me and i really, really, hope these corrupted rex's(dinos) aren't the would be top species ever. :(

That's the kind of feeling I have with most of the scifi things (not all but...). It could have been better. Scifi is great but in ARK it's not well implemented. It's like there are some medieval things and then a jump to futuristic armors. And some design just don't look good

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Edit:

Corrupt creatures will be untamable, so even if they are dino #1, you won't be getting an arsenal of these to be an eye sore to you.

• Sad 1