New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

Happy Patch Day, Survivors! It's Tuesday and ARK's latest update is going live just as this announcement is being posted. 

In celebration of the patch today we're sharing what we have been working on: some brand new previews of our upcoming expansion pack ARK: Extinction. Check out the images below for a sneak peak at what you can expect to see on planet Earth!

ExtinctionTeaser1.jpg

In Extinction, Earth has become an Element-infested planet filled with fantastical creatures both organic and technological. Element has ravaged the planet and corrupted both the landscape and some of its inhabitants, causing mutations in the creatures and plants that can be found there.

ExtinctionTeaser2.jpg

We look forward to sharing more in the months ahead as we work towards our Extinction release!

Our Extinction Chronicles III event is going on right now, including new Corrupted skin, Explorer Notes, and Tek dinos. You can read all about it in yesterdays Community Crunch announcement: 

View full article

Those are the same robots in the bottom picture of the ones in the Overseers lair. I wonder if they'll be tamable???

They also dropped element when they were killed so I wonder if that means you'll be able to farm element through them? Maybe a slight and random drop? Or they're in really dangerous areas of the map?

Edited by AzDaemon
Update

Kind of sad, having Extinction after Aberration wasn't the best idea. New creatures will only be pure-scifi things again, like robots or the gasbag. Only "new dinos" will be the old ones with an "element-corrupted" look. 

I bought the game because I'm a fan of dinos and both prehistoric/modern animals. I'm probably not the only one. A bit of fantasy with the dragon was nice too. But with the actual focus only on scifi and the lack of new "prehistoric creatures", it just doesn't look like the game I was hyped about years ago. 

I had a bit of hope/hype with the picture of brachio, stygi and styra (finally just skins for a random event...) but I totally stopped playing ARK since 2 months. I kept looking at the news, hoping for something less scifi but... you know. Not even sure if they will be another DLC after Extinction. If not, probably not a single new dinos anymore. Guess I was too hyped about dinos when buying the season pass, my mistake... 

But cool for people that enjoy this evolution, it looks very good ! But I'm just looking for something else. If somebody can suggest me a good dino (survival) game, because I'm just playing JW Evolution, while waiting (hoping) for "The Isle" to release on consoles...

Definitely the Extinction of ARK for me?

Thanks for all those years of hype and all those hours playing with awesome dinos ! Good luck for the next years ! 

• Like 1