Favorite tames?

TyrannosaurusWreck

On 8/15/2018 at 7:10 AM, Toxuc said:

I’m pretty new and I haven’t even tame many dinos however currently the tek stego is extremely good at gathering berries. It is like a Bronto but much smaller, very nice for narco berries.

Hello,

Early game play I like bronto, stego and dilo, give you Oviraptor and Ankylosaurus. Sabertooth for easier caves since it can jump and fun to tame. Caves give you all the xp you need plus some nice blueprints if you take time collecting them in the caves.

Dung Beetle and giant bee.

Once the kibble is finished for Argentavis the game is on.

Regards,

Ariana 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

(Official PVE)
Without hesitation my favorite tame is the Therizinosaurus, gathers nearly everything except mineral ressources, useful for boss fights if you have good ones, and i love its animations and behavior. 
Other useful tames include wyverns (fast, high damage, can grab lot of creatures), ankys (metal/flint), doedis, baryonyx (caves and shallow waters) and gigas (meat runs but also nice looking and base defense). Mosa for deep waters and manta for deep sea loot crates (the Center).

For fun i always have some purlovias standing in my base (not buried, i like to see them), as well as two arthropleuras (no real use in PVE) and a pack of direwolves. Personally i don't like thylas and sabertooth, never used them.

• 2 weeks later...
favorite dino flying: fenix - is the fastest creature of the ARK, it can be quickly cured after a flamethrower fight, and in the battle against alpha wyvern is not equal. he defeats every alpha wyvern

dino on the counter: there are a few, each has a different application, REX on the boss fight is OP, cave only thylaceo, transport only argentavis- my argentivis has 3800 capacity and weight reduction is OP

dino in reins: only and only moss! it's totally OP, my 97% inprint and over 600% dmg, it destroys everything it encounters

and yerboa of course, the best on the SE map

Titanosaurus, Wyverns, Rock Drakes, Spinosaurus, and Rex in that order.

Titanosaurs, even tamed ones, inspire a sense of awe in me. They are so big and powerful, and seeing a wild one always makes my heart jump. Plus, not to blow my own horn, but I make some pretty good Titanosaur bases.

Wyverns, while tedious to tame after you've done it so many times, give me choices. I wish more creatures had different forms.

Drakes are just so fast. Wish they were on par with Wyverns in term of melee strength though.

Spinos, before and after the TLC, hold a really special place in my heart. I liked the pre-TLC Spino(Aside from certain parts of the model, they had scales on their claws ?). Personally think Bipedal and Quadruped Spino should have been two different creatures, but the one we have is really cool.

Who honestly couldn't have Rex? They are easily the most famous dinosaur in-game, and I'd assume everyone wanted to tame one on their first play-through. I still remember my first Rex, the excitement I had when knocking it out and hoping the Spino on the other side of the rock wouldn't agro me(That later became my first Spino as well)

Archived