Favorite tames?

TyrannosaurusWreck

So in Ark, what are your favorite tames? And they don't necessarily have to be useful tames, perhaps they're you're favorite because you like the concept/design or it's based on your favorite animal. 

My personal favorites are the Mantis, Reaper King, Rock Drake, Raptor, Jerboa, Glowtail, Bulbdog, and Diplodocus.

I wish I could tame a Titanosaur, but it would be a waste because it would just die of starvation (and I don't intend on going on an unofficial server alone and restarting just to keep one). Not to use for raids, just because it looks cool.

What are your favorite tames? I'm just asking because I'm curious <:

Really hard to pick a favourite. Going to set some arbitary categories just because...

Land mount: Thylos. Vesatile and strong, covers ground really well.

Flyer: wyvern. Such a useful set of creatures. Great for general use. I use fire/lightnings for exploration and combat, while I use poison for utility such as weight hauling.

Shallow water/caving: Baryoynx. So versatile, if a little OP, great at swimming and great for most of the caves on the island.

Water tame: Basilosaurus. Just because its a whale.

All around cuteness: Otter/Shinehorn. Soooo cuteeee

Special mention: Love the rock drakes, great for gliding and what not. 

11 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I really like the 'mammals' wolves, cats, hyena, bears, thyla (not exactly a mammal).

But they are all mammals, no ? 

10 hours ago, Woodsman said:

Diplodocus why? no one likes these things they are completely useless and very annoying

also im pretty sure thylas arent mammals but insects

I know diplos are pretty useless, but they're one of my favorites regardless just because sauropods are awesome!

Also, I'm pretty sure thylacoleos are not insects... they're not even remotely similar.

2 hours ago, ConeyAW said:

There is NO DINO better than riding a dual ascendant sword wielding mantis. Basilisks (snakes from ab) are pretty fun too though.

I completely agree!! The mantis is super fun to use, it's a shame you can't breed them and get imprinting on them...

23 hours ago, Marksman338 said:

For me personally I'd have to put a it as a tie between the Spinosaurus and Allosaurus. Not just because they are my favorite hunting mounts, but also because they're to of my favorite dinosaurs. I could also put the Carno or Baryonyx in the list as well.

Yeah!! Spinosaurs are definitely one of my favorite dinos as well

(sorry for the late reply.. apparently when you are new there's a limit to how many posts you can make in a day)

4 hours ago, HenryWong said:

I'm quite new to the game and so haven't tamed many dinos yet, of those I have tamed, my favourite is the raptor, because I like running around on it.

Yes! Raptors are great, I love getting a pack of 5 with mate boost + pack boost and running around, haha

4 hours ago, ImPancho said:

Gotta be the drake for me right now. You can get around so quick if used correctly!

Yeah I love drakes!

Archived