Question about official PvE

Narthropi

Hello again guys ? more random questions. And as always thanks for reading and any tips you can give even if it's off topic. 

So my question is that I've noticed a lot of things the ark official wiki says are mostly things you can't do in official PvE servers which is super strange. And I'm about to maybe trade for a karkinos. Which wiki says can pick up any medium or smaller sized creatures actually two of them. 

My concern is that wiki also says you can pick up wild Dino's with flying mounts such as my Argy and drop them into a taming pen. But you cannot pick up any wild dino and I don't get why. 

So is there other stuff you cannot do, and what about karkinos?

Thanks for any help :)

20 minutes ago, Narthropi said:

My concern is that wiki also says you can pick up wild Dino's with flying mounts such as my Argy and drop them into a taming pen. But you cannot pick up any wild dino and I don't get why.

Picking up wild dinos was used as griefing on PvE servers and had to be turned off. Having a wild dino dropped in your base intentionally, not fun.

You can still pick up your tamed dinos.

Yea pve is weird because of troll prevention. I am not sure on the specifics of what is not allowed, but do know the lack of normal game play mechanics in it are the number 1 reason why I do not play it even though I love the building parts of this game. I suppose unofficial would be where its at in that sense because those servers can allow you to pick up dinos but also have mods to prevent trolling with it as well. 

There’s ways to circumvent the inconvience of some Official PVE features, or lack there of. Building taming pens around the map for example, versus picking up a wild and dropping it a pen by ur base. Most of us Official PVE players have adapted to the features, or lack there of, designated for PVE

Usually I or someone else builds an unlocked taming pen near argy spawns for the communities use. 

Unnoficial is more than likely your cup of tea, though.   

IMO PVE need this kind of challenging restrictions, cant imagine how boring and easy will become if you are able to transport/carry wilds without being attacked....

there are some "tricks" that let you carry small dinos, grapplins for example to carry wild sheeps on a ptera, i used this a lot of time when i am fresh starting and have nothing to tame a sheep, i just "store them wilds on my tamming pen for carnivores... and kill them when need the mutton.

4 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

IMO PVE need this kind of challenging restrictions, cant imagine how boring and easy will become if you are able to transport/carry wilds without being attacked....

there are some "tricks" that let you carry small dinos, grapplins for example to carry wild sheeps on a ptera, i used this a lot of time when i am fresh starting and have nothing to tame a sheep, i just "store them wilds on my tamming pen for carnivores... and kill them when need the mutton.

I understand that but there are ways to counteract it being so easy, 

Example anything creature you pick up that isn't yours or tribes/Ally will always auto attack your bird, or maybe do direct damage to you? Or perhaps has a damage multiplied to you or your pet like 3x damage. 

Or hey even something like depending on the dino size small medium or large it will rapidly drain stamina like trying to pick up a therazino with a quetzle will drain Stam at 5x the rate while it does passive damage?

They could make it much more challenging and fair to make it taming it an easier method but making the other a challenge. Idk these are random ideas if people wanted it. 

I'm okay without it was just asking an initial question against wiki.

Archived