Low level giga so useless

DonaldDuck

I just tamed a lv 20 giga and came out 29, the stats are crap ?,

- HP : the only stat that excels compared to other predator is HP, tamed at 17k HP at lv 29.

- Stamina : Giga tires so easily, this one I tamed only has 400 stamina, per level only increase like 4 points, WTH ?

- Damage : this one has 40% dmg, if base is 480 then it has 192 dmg output, per level increase is 0.35% = + 1.68 dmg output per level WTH ?

- Weight : 714, seems like the second good stat from a giga is its weight, but not that useful.

- Movement speed 100%, per level = 0.3% , WTH ?

Seems like Giga has been nerfed to the ground, no...under the ground to the point that leveling is useless, with stats like above, what stat is worth leveled up lol. Come on, this giga now is too weak.

I ever claimed a giga back in the days, maybe last year, it's lv 73 or 79 I forgot and I bet the wild level was as low as maybe around the same as this one since I hardly ever leveled up that said giga after I claimed it. It had 100% dmg and every level = 1% dmg , forgot about the rest but the giga's stamina was pretty low like this one. The HP was similar like probably 18k. Even if it tired easily but the damage was still better than my Rex, I used it for farming meat, 

But this giga now, it's totally useless, I don't know anymore which stat is worth to level up. 

9 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Aren't most low level tames useless compared to the higher level tames?

That's NOT the point because I am comparing it to a giga BEFORE the nerf, and it's the same low level giga but the nerf is kinda too much. Today's low level giga is too useless. Mine was at 100%  dmg but this 40% with 0.3% increase per level, Even if I level it near max to 70 level, it will only come out 64.5%, still too far from being the giga I used to have. In reality most of my tames only leveled up to around 40-50 levels so it's even lower.

---

The base damage of a giga was 1000 then nerfed to maybe 680 then nerfed again to now 480 (cmiiw). On top of that, the % increase per level is also nerfed, that's double-triple-nerf and god knows what else.

3 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

WC isn't going to Un-nerf the giga, so just deal with it.

I am just venting about the giga nerf since it's so different from the giga I used to have and so I made a discussion thread about giga in general discussion section, not suggestion section and is NOT even a request. Why are you so hard at understanding things ? Did I say anything about un-nerfing the giga ? please get your fact straight before saying anything duh. If you don't have anything useful to add, please, just keep it to yourself.

35 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The solution is to tame a high level, as with any dino. You are saying your weak dino is weak.

Also, 18000 hp is INSANELY HIGH for any lv 29 dino. 40% melee also amounts to over 200 pure damage which, to put in perspective, is over 3x the base damage of a rex. But you have like 18 times the base hp.

That goes without saying, and as with any low level dino, it still has its use for mate boosting if male and egg layer if female. And no, I am saying low level giga is much weaker than it used to be by too much. Low level dino should not be totally useless like this, we have domesticated level to change it from useless to usable, but this low level giga, even the domesticated level doesn't help. 

HP is NOT that useful in pve, it doesn't matter being 5k or a gazillion HP, nothing would be able to kill it even if it has 5k hp. Even if it has 100% melee, with only 400 stamina it can't cover a large ground, so the already low dmg combined with low stam, on top of that even the level ups will only add very little stat boost , in the end it's utterly useless to even be remotely usable as a meat gatherer.

2 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I just tamed a lv 20 giga and came out 29, the stats are crap ?,

- HP : the only stat that excels compared to other predator is HP, tamed at 17k HP at lv 29.

- Stamina : Giga tires so easily, this one I tamed only has 400 stamina, per level only increase like 4 points, WTH ?

- Damage : this one has 40% dmg, if base is 480 then it has 192 dmg output, per level increase is 0.35% = + 1.68 dmg output per level WTH ?

- Weight : 714, seems like the second good stat from a giga is its weight, but not that useful.

- Movement speed 100%, per level = 0.3% , WTH ?

Seems like Giga has been nerfed to the ground, no...under the ground to the point that leveling is useless, with stats like above, what stat is worth leveled up lol. Come on, this giga now is too weak.

I ever claimed a giga back in the days, maybe last year, it's lv 73 or 79 I forgot and I bet the wild level was as low as maybe around the same as this one since I hardly ever leveled up that said giga after I claimed it. It had 100% dmg and every level = 1% dmg , forgot about the rest but the giga's stamina was pretty low like this one. The HP was similar like probably 18k. Even if it tired easily but the damage was still better than my Rex, I used it for farming meat, 

But this giga now, it's totally useless, I don't know anymore which stat is worth to level up. 

Image result for not sure if serious

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The solution is to tame a high level, as with any dino. You are saying your weak dino is weak.

Also, 18000 hp is INSANELY HIGH for any lv 29 dino. 40% melee also amounts to over 200 pure damage which, to put in perspective, is over 3x the base damage of a rex. But you have like 18 times the base hp.

The issue being ALL gigas get 18K HP if tamed from the wild, lvl 1 to lvl 150.

1 hour ago, DonaldDuck said:

That goes without saying, and as with any low level dino, it still has its use for mate boosting if male and egg layer if female. And no, I am saying low level giga is much weaker than it used to be by too much. Low level dino should not be totally useless like this, we have domesticated level to change it from useless to usable, but this low level giga, even the domesticated level doesn't help. 

HP is NOT that useful in pve, it doesn't matter being 5k or a gazillion HP, nothing would be able to kill it even if it has 5k hp. Even if it has 100% melee, with only 400 stamina it can't cover a large ground, so the already low dmg combined with low stam, on top of that even the level ups will only add very little stat boost , in the end it's utterly useless to even be remotely usable as a meat gatherer.

Then dont tame low level ones. Simple. Its not useless as stated.. still way more damage than a decent rex and enough hp

I don't understand why you would need a low level giga anyways? Literally any kibble tamed max theri or rex is better. They may not have that health pool instantly, but they most definitely can take it down with dps alone. To be honest, I'd say that the tree to getting a giga is one you should actually follow as the game intends (scorpion > rex > quetz > giga) simply due to the fact that all three of those dinos after the scorpion are very useful when you get max levels of each. Not to mention the amount of strength you will see the giga have at max level that you claim is weak and nerfed into the ground. 

31 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Then dont tame low level ones. Simple. Its not useless as stated.. still way more damage than a decent rex and enough hp

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

You never sprint on a Giga thats why :P its slow walk is still faster than rexs and such. It's bite radius is so huge makes an excellent meat runner. Also use it to kill alphas near ur base and such. Other than that it isnt much use

Now that you mention it in other thread, I just checked the base speed of giga and rex and you're right, it's walking speed is 1500, while rex is 1104 even if a bred rex has boosted speed by around 15% , it's still less than the giga speed.

As for damage yea it's quite impressive for a lv 20 can have more or less the same dmg as a good tamed rex. I'm probably expecting too much since I have a 700% dmg rex. I'll probably just buy a good giga egg later to be fair for the giga or tame a higher lv one. The thing is giga isn't that abundant and easy to ko, kinda just tame what's available.

I made a similar post a couple of months ago.Don't waste your time with Giga's unless you want to do it simply to say you did. I have a level 238 Giga and its barely better than my level 227 Rex. Now, I'm not going to say the Giga is useless because they are the only tamed creature that can easily kill a Titanosaur, not to mention the Giga's damage is not hindered by armor (including damage reduction against wild Dinos), but over all in most situations the Rex and Spino are far more useful, especially since you can't bring the Giga to boss fights.

3 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Now that you mention it in other thread, I just checked the base speed of giga and rex and you're right, it's walking speed is 1500, while rex is 1104 even if a bred rex has boosted speed by around 15% , it's still less than the giga speed.

As for damage yea it's quite impressive for a lv 20 can have more or less the same dmg as a good tamed rex. I'm probably expecting too much since I have a 700% dmg rex. I'll probably just buy a good giga egg later to be fair for the giga or tame a higher lv one. The thing is giga isn't that abundant and easy to ko, kinda just tame what's available.

Now thats refeshing. I was honestly expecting a rage response back, its just a low level man :) Once you get a high level one you will be very pleased with its performance. Bred.. even better. That imprint on gigas hp and melee is awesome

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Now thats refeshing. I was honestly expecting a rage response back, its just a low level man :) Once you get a high level one you will be very pleased with its performance. Bred.. even better. That imprint on gigas hp and melee is awesome

Lol I'm not a giga with that rage icon.  Well...you kinda pointed out a point with its speed and other traits, and reminded about alpha, I forgot that an alpha rex could spawn near lava which my base is located. So even this low level one might prove useful because of its tankiness. I'll just try to get my hands on a better giga next time.

31 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

I don't understand why you would need a low level giga anyways? Literally any kibble tamed max theri or rex is better. They may not have that health pool instantly, but they most definitely can take it down with dps alone. To be honest, I'd say that the tree to getting a giga is one you should actually follow as the game intends (scorpion > rex > quetz > giga) simply due to the fact that all three of those dinos after the scorpion are very useful when you get max levels of each. Not to mention the amount of strength you will see the giga have at max level that you claim is weak and nerfed into the ground. 

It's my first giga tame and kinda tame what's available because it's not like giga is abundant in the game to choose its level like other dinoes. I have 3 female quetz for laying egg but those quetzies are lazy and hardly lay egg, but mutton is good enough for substitute. It's sorted out though, no worries I'll just get better giga next time.

Just now, DonaldDuck said:

It's my first giga tame and kinda tame what's available because it's not like giga is abundant in the game to choose its level like other dinoes. I have 3 female quetz for laying egg but those quetzies are lazy and hardly lay egg, but mutton is good enough for substitute. It's sorted out though, no worries I'll just get better giga next time.

Some helpful tips are to make sure the quetz are mate boosted and search the center for gigas on volcano island. We use to struggle with finding and taming max levels as well, but as soon as we started searching volcano and continuously cleared it off, we found quite a few. As far as the quetz, move them to a place where you constantly run past them and not a dino pen (if you can help it or haven't already) and make sure that you have both the oviraptor along with a mate boost. I've noticed that without the male present and even with the egg buff, they don't lay barely anything. If they still do not lay, then grab a few more females until they start to. You can always kill them or donate to noobs after all. :) By the way, not many people know it, but the classic box quetz traps on the back of another still work as long as the quetz is on follow while you stand on its back. It won't run out of stam that way or try to land, so you can continue to safely tame in the air. Not to mention, you do not have to chase it all around the map as long as you jump off as soon as you get it in the box (causes the structures to become solid and stop clipping so you can place the trapping walls to tranq it). 

I didn't take the time to read if this was said already or not, but;

You don't want to put level up points in to anything besides Melee on a Giga. The other stats go up by such small amounts and are unnecessary to put points in to over melee.
They have low stamina, but unless you're sprinting it doesn't matter. You can just keep biting with the Giga and it won't knock itself out, it's torpor is too high for that.

Breed them to get better HP and other stats, including melee. Bred gigas are significantly than their tamed counterparts.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

You don't want to put level up points in to anything besides Melee on a Giga. The other stats go up by such small amounts and are unnecessary to put points in to over melee.

That's the thing, even the melee part is too low to make a significant addition, like 0.35% * 480 base dmg = 1.68 dmg output. Stam, speed,  hp, everything doesn't seem to add much. Seems like giga's base stat is pretty much what you see is what you get, the domesticated level ups won't boost any of it by much.

1 minute ago, DonaldDuck said:

That's the thing, even the melee part is too low to make a significant addition, like 0.35% * 480 base dmg = 1.68 dmg output. Stam, speed,  hp, everything doesn't seem to add much. Seems like giga's base stat is pretty much what you see is what you get, the domesticated level ups won't boost any of it by much.

Yeah, pretty much. My Giga only does like 10 extra points of damage every time I level it up, compared to my Rex and Spino which do 100+ extra hit points. Giga's honestly aren't worth the effort. Use the Qutzal kibble on a Mosasaur, which is slightly more useful, and use your darts/arrows for Allosaurus', because a small army of good Allo's is better than a tamed Giga.

17 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Aye, this is why low level Giga tames are referred to as a; "Shiga"

There is generally no reason to tame them. Standard procedure when seeing one is to kill it with one of four methods;
Lightning Wyvern
Bred Giga + Good Saddle
Trap & Shoot it
Drown it

3 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I still don't understand the point of this thread- you tamed a giga with an extremely bad level. Thus, you will get a bad giga. It's not complicated.

It's almost as if levels were an indicator of the estimated strength level of a creature... Preposterous!

Because when I had a giga BEFORE the nerf it was NOT that bad. It's not complicated to comprehend. I didn't know about the nerf until I tamed one yesterday.

You don't have to keep throwing yourself in a discussion that you don't seem to be able to comprehend though, because there are more people that do. ijs

Archived