My Dire Wolf vs. Wooly Mammoths??

Rakkasan

So I'm wanting to get my hands on some pelts to finish out my fur armor (have the chest piece and hat so far) and read that using a tamed Dire Wolf to kill Mammoths is a good way.

Could anyone venture how my level 24 Dire Wolf, with 731 health, would fare against a mammoth? I am not about to risk losing her, as she is special to me. (LOL. Binary code. 1's and 0's. Special. Lol.)

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Rakkasan said:

So I'm wanting to get my hands on some pelts to finish out my fur armor (have the chest piece and hat so far) and read that using a tamed Dire Wolf to kill Mammoths is a good way.

Could anyone venture how my level 24 Dire Wolf, with 731 health, would fare against a mammoth? I am not about to risk losing her, as she is special to me. (LOL. Binary code. 1's and 0's. Special. Lol.)

Thanks.

You should level up your gaming experience in singleplayer, tame and breed higher level direwolves, my direwolf can get 150-200 pelt from each wooly Rhino or mammoth. (My direwolf is level 231)

24 is really low, but you can still manage to kill few mammoth I guess.

I'm not going to get into details and exploits in the forum but if you need some help we can talk in private.

56 minutes ago, NeNe said:

You should level up your gaming experience in singleplayer, tame and breed higher level direwolves, my direwolf can get 150-200 pelt from each wooly Rhino or mammoth. (My direwolf is level 231)

24 is really low, but you can still manage to kill few mammoth I guess.

I'm not going to get into details and exploits in the forum but if you need some help we can talk in private.

Level 231?!? I had been told by others that the max level for SP tamed dinos was 70 over the level they were when you tamed them. Have I been misinformed? For that matter, is it true that the max SP level for a character is 100?

31 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

A mammoth does anywhere between 40 to 67 damage per attack, at base level, I believe. It will have at least 850 hp. If you try to take it out make sure it is alone because it will be a very close fight.

Well, who said I was going to let my Dire Wolf do all the work? Lol. A few well placed rifle shots should do the trick. As far as I can imagine that shouldn't hinder my wolf's harvesting. Would it?

36 minutes ago, Rakkasan said:

Level 231?!? I had been told by others that the max level for SP tamed dinos was 70 over the level they were when you tamed them. Have I been misinformed? For that matter, is it true that the max SP level for a character is 100?

No you were not misinformed, it's 71 level after tamed, and max level character so far is 100

1 hour ago, Rakkasan said:

Well, who said I was going to let my Dire Wolf do all the work? Lol. A few well placed rifle shots should do the trick. As far as I can imagine that shouldn't hinder my wolf's harvesting. Would it?

Nope it shouldn’t. That being said, your direwolf won’t last very long in the snow biome in general. Lots of rexes, wolves, argents, etc. Be prepared to bring lots of ammo. A good shotgun will help. Might want to bring a stronger tame to guard you and dump the pelt on. Keep in mind that the wolves have terrible weight so either have a tame with good weight to carry the pelt or build an outpost with storage boxes that you can return to later on. I would personally use a bear to farm pelt. Good carry weight, strong attack, and the saddle and health means it’s a lot safer.

4 minutes ago, SprayTan said:

Nope it shouldn’t. That being said, your direwolf won’t last very long in the snow biome in general. Lots of rexes, wolves, argents, etc. Be prepared to bring lots of ammo. A good shotgun will help. Might want to bring a stronger tame to guard you and dump the pelt on. Keep in mind that the wolves have terrible weight so either have a tame with good weight to carry the pelt or build an outpost with storage boxes that you can return to later on. I would personally use a bear to farm pelt. Good carry weight, strong attack, and the saddle and health means it’s a lot safer.

Thank you SprayTan. Thank you very much. I have a couple of Dire Bears. I might give that a try. Hate the journey from the Redwoods to the snow biome, but no other way.

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 6:00 PM, Rakkasan said:

In the settings you can make the Dino spawn levels higher. Just look through the basic settings and there is a bar that you can raise to increase the levels of wild dinos to be higher than 70. But be warned: it can be very dangerous! Make sure you have a weapon before you fight a level 150 mammoth!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!

On 10/30/2018 at 2:02 PM, Crazypandagirl said:

In the settings you can make the Dino spawn levels higher. Just look through the basic settings and there is a bar that you can raise to increase the levels of wild dinos to be higher than 70. But be warned: it can be very dangerous! Make sure you have a weapon before you fight a level 150 mammoth!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!

Umm. CrazyPanda, are you aware that this is the mobile forum? I don't think there is any setting like that on the mobile version.  ?

Archived