Nintendo Switch will also get the DLC

Oreoman

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:32 AM, Maxym said:

I don‘t think that they‘ll have to do much for the dlc. I think even if the game doesn‘t do that well, they‘ll just release the dlc to minimize their (possible) loss

To be honest, I think ARK Switch is doing a lot better than most people would assume. Clearly there are people enjoying it despite knowing how many flaws it has, but it's to be expected. I think with the DLC on the Switch it'll do even better, even by just a little bit. But who knows maybe I'm just too hopeful.

I doubt there to be a physical release of the addiional content.
Not because of the possibility of poor sales, but because of the terms of manufacturing costs.
The Proprietary Cartridges might certainly cost more than a simple blu ray disc or dvd.
Only know that the Carts come in sizes 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB of storage.

Hypothetically assuming that base ARK already uses 32GB carts and downloads the rest into local memory
there would need to be R&D processes involved to produce a larger cart (e.g. 64 GB) but that will only
increase the end price per copy

What i could imagine is the release of a definitive edition which would include the base game on cart
and a E-Shop Code for the Season Pass. I Think the physical release of Megaman X Legacy collection  1+2
did the same (Legacy collection 1 on cart and DL Code for the second)

On 12/6/2018 at 11:12 AM, Maverick81PL said:

Game have por selling so DLC will never come... 

Do you have any sources for your so called fact? I do not think so.

I myself think that the game will sell solid and will continue to be improved on the Switch. 

As a matter of fact the Switch Version appeared in the top 20 charts on the e shop. Adding physical sales we can only assume numbers but I do not think their poor at all.

i doubt theres any proof for the statement or sources.
I think the issue is more the venting of frustration of those with disappointed expectations some did have that gives off this impression.
As for me i enjoy the Switch version (I also have the feeling it did improve a little with the last patch maybe it was more of a hotfix in
response to the existing problem reports with blurred graphics and larger ones adressing more bugs may be on the Horizon)
In any case i am courious where the ride is going on the Nintendo Switch

I‘d bet that center / ragnarok will come very soon. On abstraction games (port studio) website there‘s a blog article in which it was stated, that they delivered the game with only one map to reduce file size in order to fit 16 gb carts.

btw i think if you‘ve got any other questions, write studio wildcard / abstraction games an email. I would be surprised to read something from them here.

I have faith that the expansions will come to Nintendo Switch. It might be cuz of the fact that I am totally addicted to the game on the Switch. But I do think it is possible. 

The Game is awesome and I really love the Switch version. I dont care of some wannabe YouTube Dudes that tear down the game. 

Its just great and the expansions have to come!

7 hours ago, Eviga said:

I have faith that the expansions will come to Nintendo Switch. It might be cuz of the fact that I am totally addicted to the game on the Switch. But I do think it is possible. 

The Game is awesome and I really love the Switch version. I dont care of some wannabe YouTube Dudes that tear down the game. 

Its just great and the expansions have to come!

I hope that's the case, I do love the game on Switch that's why I'm hoping for expansions even though I'm a tad skeptical.

I'm thinking that ARK will do well on Switch even in the future, I mean it does open itself up to a wider range of players (especially ones who never played ARK before) and that aspect alone brings in so much support to the game. Personally, I really don't care for any type of DLC cart, as long as we get expansions. All I know is that as soon as they come out I'm buying all of them, although that will also include me having to buy a SD card since I have 7GB of storage left on my Switch...but even that isn't issue for me.

ARK Switch can only improve, right? I say it's just a matter of how long we have to wait for future updates. Remember, patience is a virtue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ARK on the Switch is a joke, when I see screenshots like this, (this screenshot is not mine!)thisisarkonswitch.jpg
Makes me think they kinda just ported the coding, downgraded the graphics as much as possible (as if they weren't already bad enough to begin with on consoles) and then just gave up. I'm amazed that people still bought it. Now, quick question, DOES Ark on the switch still look this bad or does it actually LOOK ok now? The most hilarious part Is the fact that the game STILL costs 60 dollars. (unless you're on Steam, where it's 50.)
Back to the point, I think it's very unlikely given the minimal effort on the switch port of the game and also given it's mediocre system specs and lack of RAM, I wouldn't count on anything coming to the switch version of the game anytime soon.

Handheld mode screenshot from my single player game. 

8o7KCiJ.jpgYJMfEPq.jpgjSHzgYZ.jpgjPSxckg.jpg

9 hours ago, Level4Gaming said:

ARK on the Switch is a joke, when I see screenshots like this, (this screenshot is not mine!)thisisarkonswitch.jpg
Makes me think they kinda just ported the coding, downgraded the graphics as much as possible (as if they weren't already bad enough to begin with on consoles) and then just gave up. I'm amazed that people still bought it. Now, quick question, DOES Ark on the switch still look this bad or does it actually LOOK ok now? The most hilarious part Is the fact that the game STILL costs 60 dollars. (unless you're on Steam, where it's 50.)
Back to the point, I think it's very unlikely given the minimal effort on the switch port of the game and also given it's mediocre system specs and lack of RAM, I wouldn't count on anything coming to the switch version of the game anytime soon.

It's hard to sell this game on the screen shots alone. It actually isn't as bad as that while playing. This is the handheld mode and it does require a lot of buffering for the scenery. It's very blurring and to be honest I couldn't make out the silhouette of other players online a lot of times. I can still play/enjoy the game most of the time, especially when I'm not running through the forest. Usually when I'm in one area crafting or base building. I'm not completely defending wild card on this is this port looks like poope but I still cant seem to put the game down. They just need to optimise it more and I'm sure it could be a big money maker for them with the success of the switch. 

6 hours ago, Jpwinks said:

It's hard to sell this game on the screen shots alone. It actually isn't as bad as that while playing. This is the handheld mode and it does require a lot of buffering for the scenery. It's very blurring and to be honest I couldn't make out the silhouette of other players online a lot of times. I can still play/enjoy the game most of the time, especially when I'm not running through the forest. Usually when I'm in one area crafting or base building. I'm not completely defending wild card on this is this port looks like poope but I still cant seem to put the game down. They just need to optimise it more and I'm sure it could be a big money maker for them with the success of the switch. 

Maybe you are kinda right, but again. I mentioned (and given the fact that it's Wildcard) they usually don't care about making their game better on consoles, that includes Xbox, PS4, and Switch. To me it seems like a waste of serious potential, and money. Also as you mentioned how it's difficult to see other players, I'd say just play singleplayer and if you don't mind the potato graphics, then, fine I guess, since it is still Ark. I'm still going to say it, the game is never going to be good on consoles, mostly due to game breaking bugs/glitches that go un addressed, the potato graphics, and typically frequent crashes due to lack of system resources. Also, it might be me, but data corruptions seem to affect MOSTLY console ports of ARK. I've made some posts explaining this. It's the sad truth, but if you really want to enjoy ARK you have to play the PC version on Steam, since that's where Wildcard's experience is with the game is, and it's also where most of their audience is.
ARK on consoles is such wasted potential, they had the chance to light the internet on FIRE, but again, those chances are lost now.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:28 PM, quetzkibble said:

I heard that ark on the switch would have DLCs released early 2019 mid January. Its already Febuary and its not yet here, so when will they ge released?

Don't lose hope just yet on the DLCs, it's been what? two, three months since release? Give them some more time to figure out how they can implement more stuff on the Switch version. The fact of the matter is not the game itself, but the console in which they had to port it to. Ark is a game that can only be played well on a powerful machine like a computer, and yet it still has trouble due to not being able to be used on a strong enough machine. I say we're lucky to even see the game on the Switch, I mean come on, were people really expecting it to look like how it does on the PS4 or PC? Unfortunately that's just unrealistic.

In short, save the money and use it to buy the game on another console, and then wait to see what kind of improvements the Switch version gets in the next year.

• 2 weeks later...

If it was abandoned we woulnt be getting evolution double XP/Gather/Tame rate events every weekend on Switch. If they cut bait & ran all the time post release, they wouldnt be putting out sponsored mods like Structures Plus on the more powerful than switch but still a far cry from PC consoles (even if it is making Xbox unplayable, they got something new & after bug fixes it will all be ok folks, take a breath) Sometimes these updates on the consoles cause issue, (and some bugs are harder to squash than others) they work on them & the bug eventually get addressed.

As long as efforts made & things are getting done I see no cause for alarm. Its not like I payed for an unfinished product. If that was the case I wouldnt have nearly 300 hours on it in 3 months. My game looks ok though in all modes most times...I do get the disaapearing floor glitch in both handheld & docked when online....it also always leads to a disconnect. Also it can take awhile to join official lobbies, those are my gripes. (keep in mind Im in the States playing on an OC region server with Australians ) If you are constantly looking at garbage though, either get your eyes checked or inspect your switch/cartridge for damage. I hope you can eventually enjoy it as much as I do if our expectations align

As per the original point of this thread...when will we get the DLC....I havent a clue. WildCard contracted out the work for the Switch game in the first place so the hired team needs to know what they are working with & get a go ahead to do something. Wildcard just released a big expansion on their established foothold venues (PC, Xbox, PS4) & have mod updates to bug fix to make them playable on consoles. They also have a holoiday event going live & have launched another game (Atlus) I think they are busy...The Switch Audience meanwhile has a game thats just 3 months old...where do you think it is on the overall agenda? Id rather they throw there efforts into getting events working on Switch myself, Id gladly give up expansion maps for awhile for a Valentines Day event, Easter event, Halloween event, etc. Keep in mind too, that stuff is free the DLC is not.

For all of you who like to complain, have the knowledge to do something about it & want a paycheck.....they are also hiring. Stop crying, start coding, lol...you'll even get paid for it if you are competent enough in your field to get the gig

• 3 weeks later...

Archived