Nintendo Switch will also get the DLC

Oreoman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nintendo Switch DLC?

I want to know if the NINTENDO SWITCH will be getting the free map and DLCs. How do We get a straight answer from Wildcard? I called the number on their better business bureau and that is just a recording that cusses out the customer for wanting to call for help. (425) 200-0683 I hope that number is a Joke. I really like the Game and would Love the DLCs. If we could get an answer instead of silence I would appreciate it. 

On 6/24/2019 at 5:56 AM, Kitalon said:

Yep that's the idea. Although the release of the DLCs has been somewhat delayed (probably due to other big projects) they are planning on bringing the DLC to the Nintendo Switch version of ARK :) We should hopefully see something in the autumn/winter of 2019 - The Centre, Ragnarok, for free. Scorched Earth, Aberration and Extinction were planned for release this year, but more realistically they should be coming out in 2020.

As for MODs I've no idea, but I doubt it, unless you can host private Switch ARK servers which I don't think you can at this stage. 

That would be great honestly.  I've been having a good amount of fun on the Switch playing ARK...  it would be fantastic if more DLCs came to the console.

nobody knows...they never communicate with us. Anyone claiming otherwise is just taking part in hopeful speculation so ask for proof before supporting with money. Their support of the switch version has been absolute garbage. The only thing meaningful done in the last 7 months was a net negative....as they removed public servers from the SWitch version & still dont allow private server renting

When will Nintendo switch version be updated?? It’s a big rip off and a lie because apparently it was supposed to have FULL GAME CONTENT. What did we get instead? For our hard-earned 60 dollars, we got NO MAPS (except the island) NO DLC, NO MODS, NO EVENTS EVEN!! I know the ark staff read the forums, can you please clear this up for us?? When do we get our moneys worth?

• 3 weeks later...

ARK DLCs für Switch genehmigt.

https://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/Switch/36656/2184686/ARK_Survival_Evolved-Interview_Switch-Umsetzung_wird_nicht_vergessen.html

ARK: Survival Evolved (Action) by Studio Wildcard - Source: Studio Wildcard The switch version of ARK: Survival Evolved is one of the worst switch implementations in the wild, both graphics quality and performance are pretty lousy (see below). In our interview with Jesse Rapczak (co-founder of Studio Wildcard, art director, technical art director, and co-creative director of ARK), we also addressed the switch version.

Rapczak explained that the version was not developed directly by them. An external studio was responsible for the conversion. Even at Studio Wildcard you are not satisfied with the performance and performance in terms of resolution and refresh rate. Rapczak promised that the switch version would not be on the sidelines yet and they still want to work on the improvement. He said that they had "not forgotten" the version, especially since soon Nintendo Switch Lite will appear. Why the game was released in the state at all, but has not been explained.

In addition, the extensions (Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis 1 & 2) are also scheduled to be released on the Nintendo console, provided they are more satisfied with the switch version itself.

It's great to finally hear something from the devs about this, excellent info!

I know the graphics are low, but the refresh-rate/fps on Switch are actually fine, it's certainly not unplayable in the slightest. I still switch back from PC to play Ark on Switch. It's a great game! I look forward to seeing the DLC in time, but in the mean time there's still plenty to explore on The Island. ?

On 8/29/2019 at 11:04 AM, Muki19 said:

ARK DLCs für Switch genehmigt.

https://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/Switch/36656/2184686/ARK_Survival_Evolved-Interview_Switch-Umsetzung_wird_nicht_vergessen.html

ARK: Survival Evolved (Action) by Studio Wildcard - Source: Studio Wildcard The switch version of ARK: Survival Evolved is one of the worst switch implementations in the wild, both graphics quality and performance are pretty lousy (see below). In our interview with Jesse Rapczak (co-founder of Studio Wildcard, art director, technical art director, and co-creative director of ARK), we also addressed the switch version.

Rapczak explained that the version was not developed directly by them. An external studio was responsible for the conversion. Even at Studio Wildcard you are not satisfied with the performance and performance in terms of resolution and refresh rate. Rapczak promised that the switch version would not be on the sidelines yet and they still want to work on the improvement. He said that they had "not forgotten" the version, especially since soon Nintendo Switch Lite will appear. Why the game was released in the state at all, but has not been explained.

In addition, the extensions (Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis 1 & 2) are also scheduled to be released on the Nintendo console, provided they are more satisfied with the switch version itself.

My sole purpose of creating my account has been accomplished 

so happy

really hope this is true

• 2 weeks later...

Its going on a year & they still wont even mention us in the community crunch, lol. I very much hope Kitalon is correct but I dont feel anything Switch releated is an "almost certainly"  as far as support goes. They have done 1 thing to Switch users....strip servers. No patches for long established bugs, no comment or inclusion in the COMMUNITY Crunch. (Every other platform icluding phone gets this) No mention or answer on social media where they like to deflect input on things before they are mentioned here....just some guy Ive never heard of requiring a translation application boardering on rumor suggesting its coming. Im doubtful, I dont feel they care about the switch player base

Id happily be wrong, however. It may even make me stop my Monster Hunting & enjoying Marvel Ultimate Alliance & a slew of supported games on SWitch long enough to come back.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:00 AM, d1nk said:

They should have released Ark Mobile version to switch instead

After playing both, I wouldn't like that personally.  ARK Switch has issues, but plays well enough.  I personally am not a fan of ARK Mobile, I've played it a bit on my phone and it doesn't do anything for me.  With a few optimizations that Abstraction Games themselves have said they can pull off, ARK Switch could be much better than it is currently.  It won't ever be PC ARK, or even Xbox/PS4 ARK, but it could be better than it currently is without shifting to what ARK Mobile is.  That being said, the DLCs would be a nice addition.

I have to agree. I do not want the mobile version and it should not be a necessity. I just need the support, the inclusion. Yes, I truly want the DLCs and think we should get them, but after this amount of time I have to be skeptical. That being said, even if Switch did not receive the DLCs now or ever, it still could benefit from regular patches and be included in events and other free content. That is my main problem that has to be addressed before I could ever consider Ark for Switch much more than a quick cash grab.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, Jpwinks said:

I've since switched to my Ps4 when full game went on sale on the EU store. I remote play it on my other devices so I have no use for this version anymore sadly. Maybe if graphic improvements and the expansions ever come, I'll just enjoy the full game now instead of hoping. 

exactly for this reason i am a bit afraid to try other versions...

Archived