Rock drake - stealing eggs

darcek

I have got my first egg useing a Karkinos.

I heard that once you get a rock drake its easy road from there to get more,as you go down to tranches,grab an egg,cloak up and move to get more eggs or go out..

Then I saw this guys youtube that mentioned that even with a 180 Drake its very hard to handle the swarm that attacks you after you grab an egg...

Not sure why he said you must confront the swarm insted of cloaking up then avoiding it...

My question is: is there a way to steal with drake safely?

Like maybe transfer egg to your drake inv then cloak up? or maybe that guy didnt know about cloak,thou I doubth that..?

As far as i know, and i could be wrong (its been a long time), when you steal an egg cloaking doesn't help at all.

The best way to deal with it, is to simple grab an egg and fly across the river to the other trench, and keep on going in between the 2 until you have the eggs you want. In most if not all cases aggro should drop, in a few cases (nests closer to the river) you might keep aggro for a bit longer.

The egg levels are based on what level drakes are in the trench, so the above method isn't the best way to farm for max level eggs, in most cases it's better to just kill everything in the trench to try and get those 190's to spawn so you can get a 190 egg.

So here is what I can tell you from my experience. First it doesn't matter if you use cloak or not, it does not affect the wild rock drakes at all. Second , it doesn't matter what level rock drake you have if you get trapped up against the wall by a group of them ..... your going to have a bad time. Third there are two main egg trench area thingys on opposite sides of the element river. One is a whole lot easier to use than the other....choose wisely. Fourth you can clear an area of rock drakes......however the eggs that spawn do so based on the level of the rock drakes in the area. I can confirm this because a trapped rock drake I watched caused a nest to spawn 30-40 eggs in a row all the exact level of the trapped drake, maybe that's a coincidence.....I think not. So if you kill all the drakes in the area maybe keep an eye out for high lvl drakes and don't kill those so they can spawn more eggs. Finally the best advice I can give is to use the egg trench that you run into if you were to take the foot path down into the drake area. The foot path will lead you to a natural bridge over the bottom of a drake trench. I park on that bridge to give a cluster of nests time to respawn.  If you follow the trench all the way up to the top of the trench there is a ledge overlooking the trench. Above the ledge are 3-4 drake nests. So here's what I do. I know where the nests are from experience so I don't fight any drakes I just jet in land on the nest, grab the egg, get on my drake and glide over the trench back to the natural bridge. The bridge is far enough away from the nest cluster that it doesn't render. After landing on the bridge I turn around and fly back and repeat. Basically by flying back and forth new eggs will spawn in every time and instead of fighting your way out of the trench you are above it and thus can just glide out of the room...lose agro, turn around and fly back ....piece of cake. Hope this helps, sorry for the wall of text.

Cloaking only prevents them from attacking you prior to stealing the egg. Once you steal the egg, about most of the drake who are around will immediately home in after you, making cloaking pointless afterwards, and its dangerous as well since you are often swarmed in by 5-10 if you didn't kill any prior to doing that, and potentially get your drake stuck in falling state. Its best to pick them off before you steal the egg.

Their aggro range are awfully high while in possession of an egg, and transferring an egg between inventories counts towards freshly stealing an egg, so you really need to be careful.

And whoever told you about the cloaking part clearly never went to the trench with a drake before, or went to one where the drakes were recently cleared out and he just came in seconds afterwards before it respawned.

You use cloak to get to the egg "holes". When inside the hole you disable cloak and check the egg lvl still mounted on your drake while regaining stam. If its a good lvl you jump off, take the egg, mount your drake and gtfo. If its lvl 15 you cloak again and go to the next hole.

Should you get swarmed by drakes you'll probably die and you'll need to realize that you're too bad a rock drake pilot to deserve any eggs. There's one way that can save you if you're swarmed up against a wall: you go into climb mode and try to get the crosshair while looking all around and tapping the attack button. If lucky you'll rocket through the drake swarm and even kill some of them and get a second chance to gtfo.

On 8/16/2018 at 11:13 AM, BaldBudgie said:

No its not. Rock drake is the fastest and safest way.  You cant flee rock drakes on a reaper and would have to fight them.

Sometimes some people will want to get more egg, but the drakes will get in the way. Reapers and Karkinos (mobility for jumping and combat) would be the best way to get the egg if running away is not your intention (though Karkinos are very vulnerable since they can't attack on air)

9 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Sometimes some people will want to get more egg, but the drakes will get in the way. Reapers and Karkinos (mobility for jumping and combat) would be the best way to get the egg if running away is not your intention (though Karkinos are very vulnerable since they can't attack on air)

Hmm. I'll have try that. But it sounds like alot more trouble than just using a rock drake. If you know how to use it you'll lose aggro pretty quick.

1 hour ago, BaldBudgie said:

Hmm. I'll have try that. But it sounds like alot more trouble than just using a rock drake. If you know how to use it you'll lose aggro pretty quick.

Thing is that its better off used if you have more than one person with you, like you using a drake stealing the egg, then run over to the said person with a reaper or a decent stat creature to deal with the horde.

Archived