Servers not showing on Unofficial list, nor LAN more details inside

JamesIsSoPro

Servers are being weird. So when people on my local network search unofficial list, you can see the servers. However, when they search LAN, they cannot be seen, nor be steam server list. It turns on that nobody outside of my network can see the servers on the unofficial list despite the fact that they CAN connect to them. Everything is port forwarded so I know that's not the issue.

I suspect it may have something to do with the fact that im hosting 10 servers and I have a lot of ports assigned, thinking I may be using one that is causing issues with steam listing servers.

These are the servers and ports I am using. 

NA-PVP-Ragnarok1      - PORT:7777, QUERY:27015, RCON:37015
NA-PVP-TheIsland1     - PORT:7779, QUERY:27016, RCON:37016
NA-PVP-Aberration1    - PORT:7781, QUERY:27017, RCON:37017
NA-PVP-ScorchedEarth1 - PORT:7783, QUERY:27018, RCON:37018
NA-PVP-TheCenter1     - PORT:7785, QUERY:27019, RCON:37019

NA-PVP-Ragnarok2      - PORT:7787, QUERY:27020, RCON:37020
NA-PVP-TheIsland2     - PORT:7789, QUERY:27021, RCON:37021
NA-PVP-Aberration2    - PORT:7791, QUERY:27022, RCON:37022
NA-PVP-ScorchedEarth2 - PORT:7793, QUERY:27023, RCON:37023
NA-PVP-TheCenter2     - PORT:7795, QUERY:27024, RCON:37024

Could any of these cause an issue? Anything else anyone can think of to try? Also feel free to search "Janky" in the unofficial list and tell me if you see it. Thanks in advance.

Hi James.

Have the servers ever appeared on the unofficial server list for people outside your network?

If not, I suspect you haven't got the port forwarding working on your router.

RCON ports use TCP, the others use UDP.

BattleMetrics is finding servers if you search for Janky.  https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/search?sort=score&q=Janky

Also note that https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup  says...

"Query Port cannot be between 27020 and 27050 due to Steam using those ports. "

23 hours ago, DuoMog said:

Hi James.

Have the servers ever appeared on the unofficial server list for people outside your network?

If not, I suspect you haven't got the port forwarding working on your router.

RCON ports use TCP, the others use UDP.

BattleMetrics is finding servers if you search for Janky.  https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/search?sort=score&q=Janky

Also note that https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup  says...

"Query Port cannot be between 27020 and 27050 due to Steam using those ports. "

I changed ports within that range to above that range, still not showing

8 hours ago, JamesIsSoPro said:

I changed ports within that range to above that range, still not showing

Have you setup port forwarding on your router and opened the server's firewall for the ports you're using?

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:44 AM, DuoMog said:

Have you setup port forwarding on your router and opened the server's firewall for the ports you're using? 

I have, the box is actually DMZed. I'm at a loss here... Wish there was an easier way to troubleshoot this. The unofficial list used the Query port to populate right?

There are quite a few posts on the web from people asking why their servers don't work from  a DMZ.

As an experiment, turn off the DMZ and setup port forwarding for one of your maps.  Reboot the server just in case.

Remember that Ark servers can take 5 or 10 minutes to register on the Unofficial Server list.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:57 AM, DuoMog said:

There are quite a few posts on the web from people asking why their servers don't work from  a DMZ.

As an experiment, turn off the DMZ and setup port forwarding for one of your maps.  Reboot the server just in case.

Remember that Ark servers can take 5 or 10 minutes to register on the Unofficial Server list.

I originally had them port forwarded, I switched from port forward to DMZ to rule out any unknown port requirements.

Archived