Suffering terrible stuttering when walking on a raft.

johnm81

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

I have been away for a month. I started playing on a small tribe server. But I am suddenly experiencing horrible stuttering when I walk on rafts regardless if structures are on it or not.

This never happened before to me. Anyone else having this issue? Any fixes?

Thanks.

This used to happens to me on platform saddle after a while when playing on servers where I had a very high ping. I always assumed it was a de-sync issue and resetting my router always seemed to help; tho maybe it was in my head. ? Try it, who knows!

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This used to happens to me on platform saddle after a while when playing on servers where I had a very high ping. I always assumed it was a de-sync issue and resetting my router always seemed to help; tho maybe it was in my head. ? Try it, who knows!

Tried this but to no avail :(

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Eat narcos and pass out, i have experienced this before and figured it was a desync or some sort of bug with going into forced 3rd person (chair, drive raft, ride dino etc) and found forcing my character to pass out, bed hop, or log off usually fixed it. 

Is the foundation lowered on said raft? 

I seem to have this issue with no structures on the raft as well as when I have sunk foundations into it.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

My thoughts as well so I tried on a NA rag server and a EU rag no change. 

Only thing is both are rag and small tribe. Havent tried diff maps diff modes.

Test on a regular map and on Single Player. The ping doesnt seem bad at all so I dont know what could be happening..what platform? Pc? Console?

A tribemate of mine had this same problem too -- she fixed it by using the same trick I use when I get "No servers found" again and again and again...

Run a Command Prompt as admin and type:  netsh winsock reset

Hit Enter, close the Cmd window, and restart your computer. This works like a charm for me when I have server issues, and it's fixed her stuttery gameplay several times now when using our tribe's rafts.

Here's a video that goes into some more detail too, if that helps: 

4 hours ago, Iskandos said:

A tribemate of mine had this same problem too -- she fixed it by using the same trick I use when I get "No servers found" again and again and again...

Run a Command Prompt as admin and type:  netsh winsock reset

Hit Enter, close the Cmd window, and restart your computer. This works like a charm for me when I have server issues, and it's fixed her stuttery gameplay several times now when using our tribe's rafts.

Here's a video that goes into some more detail too, if that helps: 

Hey thanks for the suggestion. It did not work sad to say. But thanks for the advice.

Hello,

Raft have some build changes. I always place a pillar for my character  (I stand inside the pillar) so that I am protected. But now when using a wood pillar my character floats high above when exiting the raft (official server).

In single player the raft encountered a unvisable wall, found that my Moschops caused it.

I think it's a undermesh thing. 

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived