Ladynightowl65

Too many pillars?

Hi. I’m wondering how many pillars is too many.  There are several tribes on my server that have seriously over pillared in my opinion, we’re taking well over 300 or more. They have bases and have pillared all around the orbs. There’s one tribe that put a behemoth gate at entrance of orb. Is this allowed? How about putting pillars within another tribes gates? 

You can find what is considered griefing in the Code of Conduct:

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Building at their base

• Blocking in other tribes dinos

• Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

• Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

• Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, etc)

• Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames and/or rafts

If you think a player or a tribe is breaking the rules, please fill an Incident Report if you are playing on Steam and a Support Ticket if you are playing on consoles/win10. Provide as much info as you can (screenshots, coordinates, etc, etc.) so that the enforcement team can investigate and take action as they see fit. Good luck!

I just bought this game yesterday because it looked amazing but.... after 4 hours and 13 servers later i realized that i couldnt tame not one dino because of some dino cap? Also never was able to build do to pillar it think they were called everywhere and i even when to the dumbest places to live and still no luck. Was this how the game is suppose to be and i just dont know that? Not sure if i even want to play again... was a big buzz kill...

11 hours ago, Daddydoit20 said:

I just bought this game yesterday because it looked amazing but.... after 4 hours and 13 servers later i realized that i couldnt tame not one dino because of some dino cap? Also never was able to build do to pillar it think they were called everywhere and i even when to the dumbest places to live and still no luck. Was this how the game is suppose to be and i just dont know that? Not sure if i even want to play again... was a big buzz kill...

That’s officials for you.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, Daddydoit20 said:

If you are trying to play PVE. The gamemode where you dont get attacked by other players I suggest unofficial servers. If you are on console try the "unofficial pc sessions" filter in the server list or look on the dedicated server discussions forum and then the server advertisement sub forum. There people advertise their unofficial servers with adjusted settings. For xbox look for Nitrado hosted servers not player dedicated. Player dedicated are hosted by a second xbox or a pc and are very unreliable.

This is an issue on almost every server i have ever been to. There are always a few tribes who pillar all the best spots and then never use them for anything. they just dont want other ppl to have them. In some cases i see land get pillared and then the tribes turn around and try to gouge newer players for upwards of 30k ingots to buy the land from them. Something really should be done about this. Just dont take pillars out of the game because they are useful for building. 

10 hours ago, Mockdano said:

This is an issue on almost every server i have ever been to. There are always a few tribes who pillar all the best spots and then never use them for anything. they just dont want other ppl to have them. In some cases i see land get pillared and then the tribes turn around and try to gouge newer players for upwards of 30k ingots to buy the land from them. Something really should be done about this. Just dont take pillars out of the game because they are useful for building. 

Pillaring is perfectly fine even if it does destroy the landscape. No point arguing your point against it, even the moderators are pro-pillar so good luck trying to get them to agree with you.

Edit: I host my own cluster and ban anyone who attempts to pillar off stuff.

Edited by DJRone89

47 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Pillaring is perfectly fine even if it does destroy the landscape. No point arguing your point against it, even the moderators are pro-pillar so good luck trying to get them to agree with you.

In my opinion, pillaring is fine to an extent. Most of official PvE servers are functioning because some tribes are protecting resource rich areas that are not protected by the no-build volumes or specific spawns such as beaver dams, island's spinos, etc. for the entire community playing on that server to benefit from. That being said, claiming lands to sell to other players, or claiming every pixels of the map just because is, in my opinion, definitely abusing. I have no idea what is the policy of the enforcement team when it comes to land claiming but, if someone seems to push it too far then as mentioned above, they should be reported via an incident report/support ticket so that it can be investigated.

Edited by invincibleqc