Tek transmitter and solo play.

Grandta

15 hours ago, RipRavage said:

The dragon is pretty rough solo on all difficulties due to the percentage based damage and dinos trying to commit suicide.  I would just ask a group on your server if you could jump in on a beta dragon run with them.

I'm kinda doing a solo play through, so I want to try it myself. I hear it's better to do it on Ragnorok, is that true?

Combo bosses such as Center & Ragnarok are much easier to do than individually on the Island. Whistle commands shortcuts are your best way of avoiding losses. Learn and practice how to use them with ease.  https://ark.gamepedia.com/Whistling

Mild quality rexes with quality saddles are enough to handle easy/medium Ragnarok solo. As an example, my rexes (~25-30k xp in them) sits at 35k hp with 900% melee and I still beat medium Rag with regular saddles just by shear damage output. The dragon is dead in about 2 landing cycles but the manticore takes longer due to its AI. You just have to be really careful not to get your dino crew stuck into the dragon's corpse.

If you ever wish to beat the hard dragon, I go for therezinos as they take 50% less fire damage being herbivores and can also consumes veggie cakes by themselves during the engagement. Quality saddle BPs for zinos are also way more easier to acquire than rex ones. The dino itself is far are easier to breed (herbivore) but in turn the upfront investement to tame is much higher. Megalosaurus kibble + loads of narcotics.

**Side note, bosses trophies can't be transfered, so if you ever plan on taking the Overseer, you MUST get your trophies from the Island.**

Regards.

23 hours ago, Grandta said:

I'm kinda doing a solo play through, so I want to try it myself. I hear it's better to do it on Ragnorok, is that true?

Yeah it's easier on Ragnarok, the tribute requirements might be easier for you as well unless you're gonna trade for them, needs more stuff to craft the portal on Ragnarok but most of them are easy to get, will need a basi for getting the squid tentacles though, you'll need a giga heart on the island so ideally need a imprinted giga and good saddle or a good lightning wyvern.

Archived