Can we please get an official comment about meshing?

Cecil

Here is the situation as I understand it. Please inform me if I missed something or made a mistake.

Most maps can be meshed, aka undermapped, though 90% of them or more.

Meshing is against the rules. If you are being meshed you have 3 options.

1. Try best tp defend if you are lucky and have rail guns you might be able to fight back.

2. Mesh yourself and open yourself up to being dev wiped by the people meshing you taking clips and screenshots of your defence.

3. Report the meshers... which while the devs enforcement has gotten better will A.) Take to long and it will be over prior to the mesh or B.) Result in little to no problems for the meshers since they are using alt accounts and cross arked to mesh so have nothing to lose.

Now I have heard many ideas of solutions for instance limiting the most popular meshing items like climbing picks etc...

Allowing turrets to shoot through the mesh...

Kill boxes... etc

I do not have the answer however I will say some guy posted a youtube video showing roughly 10 easy to do mesh spots and my server has been trolled by meshers almost constantly. 

All I ask is we get some comment on what the plans are to fix this. As a loyal customer and very avid almost fanbou supporter of wildcard I feel it took a lot for me to start and feel this level of abandonment by you. Please give some feedback.

Anyone who agrees or maybe has comments please post in this lets get some notice finally.

Thank you.

You are correct everyone keeps saying something but if we stop I can tell you for a fact nothing will alter or improve in anyway so yes we do all need to voice our concern and perhapd if enough say something it will reach a breaking point but moving on or giving up means just stop playing the game and give up on the devs. I personally am not quite there yet.

6 hours ago, Cecil said:

You are correct everyone keeps saying something but if we stop I can tell you for a fact nothing will alter or improve in anyway so yes we do all need to voice our concern and perhapd if enough say something it will reach a breaking point but moving on or giving up means just stop playing the game and give up on the devs. I personally am not quite there yet.

I do appreciate and respect your compassion. Most of us do love ? this game and have compassion for it.

Many of us are under the assumption that WC is MORE THAN AWARE of how meshing has literally destroyed the PVP environment. They know the time sink that this game requires and just how ground breaking of an exploit meshing is and how it literally shats on fair game play- without flushing the toilet. It just lingers around and smells. It’s absolute scat. It truly does make them look retarded as hell. I, however, have to assume there’s a HUGE road block preventing them from dealing with the issue and in a timely manner. That road block may be man power, flaws in the unreal engine, coding that requires changing far too much than its worth by having to essentially redo large swaths of the game, who knows? 

Im 99% sure they are aware. They aren’t stupid. If they come out and admit defeat, that they are incapable of fixing it, or are too lazy, or don’t have the necessary resources to fix it, they will create more problems than just letting it be for the time being. 

A STUPID company will let a bug or an exploit persist although it’s within arms reach to fix. A TRASHY company will let a bug or exploit persist even though it’s ground breaking, if again, it’s in arms reach to fix. Therefore I have to assume there’s a reason, not a morally justifiable reason since this exploit is their responsibility, but a reason, as to why meshing still persists. 

Their crappy support team and the time frame in which they deal with tickets doesn’t help. They are under ?, I can gaurentee that much. Between meshing, a new DLC,  potentially work being done on an entirely new game and god knows what else, I’m sure they are just in a rut. Again, this doesn’t excuse their lack of dealing with meshing, but yea. 

I agree with a lot of what you said. However like I originally said why would they lot see the main cause is for instance climbing picks and make an announcment saying that they will be disabled (at the very least on island, rag, and center) until they can fix the mesh problem. This is why I am asking for some kind of response from them as we all should want.

• Enforcement

report it in the appropriate channels 

and then someone from the Enforcement Team will look into it

don't undermesh yourself to protect / counter attack as this most likely will get you wiped and banned too

If you trying defending under mesh against people who try grief you under mesh, you are dev wiped :D
Because it's ARK: Griefers Evolved.

You can only report abuse, and wait infinitely. 
By that time, griffers will blow you from under the mesh.

Developers should have remedied this problem once and for all, but they are busy with new textures for dino and new beautiful colors.

Spoiler

There are rumors that administrators play in mega tribes, and teach people how to dupe: D

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, Skiidzman said:

Ark is dead, yo.

Sad times.  Devs dont wanna acknowledge.  Hell, apparently one of them didn't even know what "soaking" was from a pod-cast.

That says enough.

Well the problem is the devs don't play PVP. Some of them played on a server a while ago and it was a PVE server so I thought I would check it out and joined to see how the devs played their own game and well it was certainly different to what I was used to in PVP.  I went to their base which was partially on the water and they had rainbow colored dinos among other things. The base was fully open with a simple stone wall around it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be possible to have a bot admin for each server, that could be alerted when such things happened? I understand that people would abuse said bot, either by spam or some other means, but if it could simply alert the dev's that their attention is needed at a moments notice, that would be much better I assume, than the current "submit a ticket" system.

3 minutes ago, Apperaticus said:

Could it be possible to have a bot admin for each server, that could be alerted when such things happened? I understand that people would abuse said bot, either by spam or some other means, but if it could simply alert the dev's that their attention is needed at a moments notice, that would be much better I assume, than the current "submit a ticket" system.

This would be like asking for better server log files. And certain things to trigger a message to the devs (or server admins through rcon)

Edit: having better logs would help the devs troubleshoot. And maybe even reduce the ability to undermesh.

Anything has to be better than the current system. "Help we are being meshed" 3 days later, they reply and ask for proof. Another 3 days they contact you to setup an appointment a week later. Sorry, but that's very poor customer service. If I was broke down on the side of the road and called for a tow and it took 2 weeks to get a response, you can bet I'd set fire to the building.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Uiritawate said:

To late

Its sad :(

Yesterday, 1 man try meshing me, but no luck, he die... Reporting usless. Im report many times about mesh, and my base wiped 2 times.
Now im play to ARK: Titan Taming Simulator and ARK: Managarmr Simulator.

Farm week for defence, and loose all for 15 min xD Its ARK. Im kill 30+ titans, and wiped...

At now any base where titans can come useless, my live like a cave rat, but guys can't wipe me in cave, they use undermesh :)

On 8/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, Cecil said:

Here is the situation as I understand it. Please inform me if I missed something or made a mistake.

Most maps can be meshed, aka undermapped, though 90% of them or more.

Meshing is against the rules. If you are being meshed you have 3 options.

1. Try best tp defend if you are lucky and have rail guns you might be able to fight back.

2. Mesh yourself and open yourself up to being dev wiped by the people meshing you taking clips and screenshots of your defence.

3. Report the meshers... which while the devs enforcement has gotten better will A.) Take to long and it will be over prior to the mesh or B.) Result in little to no problems for the meshers since they are using alt accounts and cross arked to mesh so have nothing to lose.

Now I have heard many ideas of solutions for instance limiting the most popular meshing items like climbing picks etc...

Allowing turrets to shoot through the mesh...

Kill boxes... etc

I do not have the answer however I will say some guy posted a youtube video showing roughly 10 easy to do mesh spots and my server has been trolled by meshers almost constantly. 

All I ask is we get some comment on what the plans are to fix this. As a loyal customer and very avid almost fanbou supporter of wildcard I feel it took a lot for me to start and feel this level of abandonment by you. Please give some feedback.

Anyone who agrees or maybe has comments please post in this lets get some notice finally.

Thank you.

I had a really good experience with meshers and dev response. The MOST important thing is play on a conquest server. If you dont you are asking for cheaters to attack.

We were meshed. Took screen shots and in less than 12 hours the loser was was on twitch tv crying how the little bish was banned!

Now you may ask what do you do to defend as it is reasonable that investigating takes time to weed out fake revenge reports.

1. Railguns. They are the best defense and very easy to get. Get 5 lightening wyvers for you and your friends. Get one wild tame theri. Go to extinction and set up a psx turret nest near the wyv spawn. Lure corrupted wyvs there and farm fire claws. Use lightening wyvs to to farm sarco skins and hearts. Take mats into desert titan cave  on a theri as the mobs wont aggro you except golums and just run past them.

summon titan and the ridden lightening wyvs can outpace the lightening strikes and flocks. Just bit him down. Boom tek rail gun and replicator engram. 

Archived