Players Being Kicked From Tribes When Logging Out

alexd911

Kinda curious, does your server setup use Virtual Memory? This problem went away when I ditched Virtual Memory from my rig. Virtual Memory is a bit slow after all. It is not that the players are kicked out of their tribe, as you may have noticed when you went into their Tribe to investigate if they were in there or not. You saw their name in the list of tribe members correct? I think the issue is that it may have taken too long to load in, and effectively the player was left out of their own tribe on login. Logging in again will repeat the same problem again, because it's again still in virtual memory. What happens later is, the player will log in a few hours later, and be back in their own tribe. It does correct itself. Ditching Virtual Memory is key to stopping this problem from my own experience. However, check out the ram prices these days... lol

Hi there and thanks for the reply. It is a Ryzen Server with 64gb DDR4 RAM & M.2 Drives. I am just an admin on the server so i will ask the owner about Virtual Memory. Well, what happens to the players is that any who are left in the tribe, experience some kind of roll back on the logs and the players are physically not in the tribe.

I wonder if it is a 2700X, that would be such a cool server. I myself am rocking with the 1950X, first gen TR4. They do make good products.?✌️

That does not sound good with the tribe log rollback. I don't believe I remember seeing that, or maybe it missed me. I sure do hope that I was able to help in some way. It was not fun to re-invite people back into their tribes back when I was having to do it regularly. That was a pain in the side, especially with how us admins tend to have a limited amount of time on our hands.

Seems like this has been a long term issue...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656480587817/

https://board.nitrado.net/support-en-english-only/support-gameserver/ark-survival-evolved/127233/player-getting-kicked-from-tribe-after-relog/

It was apparently reported to WC as a bug in 2017, with a promise that it would be fixed.

However, I'd suggest you collect some evidence (screen shots or video) and submit a new bug report here https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/pc-bug-reports/

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've seen this once, just last week.  My friend has the Steam version of the ark server - I've been involved with the server for over 3 years.
It happened immediately after a power cut, which seemed to corrupt the tribedata file.  I restored their tribe file from a backup to fix the problem.

It would be worth taking a note of any player actions before the problem hits.  
Did they make any changes to the tribe before exiting?
Has the tribe file become read-only?
Could one tribesmate be making a change to the tribe structure while the other exits - possibly causing Ark to try writing to the file twice (but at the same time)?
Does it happen repeatedly to specific tribes - or randomly to any tribe - or any other pattern?
Is the disk full - or nearly full?

Run a memory test to make sure the RAM is functioning properly.

Scan the hard-drive  and   sfc /scannow  to check for Windows errors

Any other thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

We recently merged our tribe Ark Traders in extinction to resurrection in official legacy ark cluster6 but thanks to roll back me and my tribe member are still in resurrection tribe but all our tames and buildings still belong to Ark Traders with no one in the tribe. Please for the love of God make me leader again my psn I.D. SgtHaloman32 Character I.D. Mew

• 2 months later...

Archived