Flying Jellyfish (Cnidaria)

Hdacxqo

Basically on my single player island map, all the jellyfish are in the air. Not just a bit out of the water, but way up in the air, and they all seem to be dead, cause they don't move and i can fly my argy over and just get bio toxin. I'm not complaining, there are no more jellyfish in the water to sting me and i get free bio toxin, but it's just so strange i don't get why, and I couldn't find anything on it. A wild dino wipe didn't fix it either.

Hmm..

You didn't mess with the spawn rate did you? Or even attempt to increase/lessen the spawns by changing spawn codes to other creatures?

Its not UNCOMMON to find water Dino's dead above water. I find dead mantas, coels, and icthys all the time. Every single spawn dead above water is an issue, yes. Are you sure there's no jellyfish under water? They are ALL dead above water?

Same problem here. It never happened before. But I recently saw it happen. At the time it started I did 2 things different than before. I started to run the game with -preventhibernation option and also added S+ mod. I seriously doubt S+ has anything to do with it and I am thinking it might be the preventhibernation option. But maybe neither of those 2 things are at fault and rather it might be a recent update that is causing it. Either way , it's not just you.

I get the same thing in my single player. I'm heavily modded and have some additional dino mods added. I thought it might be because of the dino mods the spawning was glitching. I've just ignored them and avoided exploiting the glitch. In my game there are still jellies in the water as well, so I have to still be careful.

I have this problem several months in my SP on the Island. No mods, almost vanila settings:

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Titanosaur_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Spino_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Gigant_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Spino_Character_BP_C")
Difficulty level=1
Show Map Player Location=yes
Disable Structure Placement Collision=yes
Mating Interval=0.2
Egg Hatch Speed=5
Baby Mature Speed=5
Baby Food Consumption Speed=0.5
Allow Custom Recipes=yes
-preventhibernation

Currently I play Ragnarok and I do not see spawning Cnidarias in the air here.

That is not new, and happens with other things too.  For months, we had a partial tree above our greenhouse that wouldn't disappear fully after we chopped it down.  Have seen flying leeches too, and while it's not the most common, it's certainly not unheard of to see dead animals in the sky.  Sometimes you can harvest them, sometimes it's like they are not there.

29 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

That is not new, and happens with other things too.  For months, we had a partial tree above our greenhouse that wouldn't disappear fully after we chopped it down.  Have seen flying leeches too, and while it's not the most common, it's certainly not unheard of to see dead animals in the sky.  Sometimes you can harvest them, sometimes it's like they are not there.

Yeah but for me it's not just one or two, it's across the whole map and every cluster is at least 4-5 cnidarias all in the sky

• 4 weeks later...

Just created an account only to report this as well.

I play on single player, heavily modded with custom ini settings and all.

Cnidarias began to spawn out of water for me in clusters of 4-6 a couple of days (or maybe one or two weeks) ago. Before I've never had this problem.

They appear, move a tiny little bit and seem to die due to not being in the water. I also checked positions. Normally in some of the positions where I found them they would never spawn a cluster. The spots are all very close to the beach sand.

At first I thought it was one of my mods. So I took them out one by one, did a whole lot of testing, but the issue remained until I reached vanilla.

I deleted all existing saves, reverted back to vanilla game.ini and gameusersettings.ini, still the floating cnidaria.

It came to me, that I activated " -preventhibernation" in the command line, though I'm pretty sure this problem occured a few days before I put that in the command line.

However, I tested again without the preventhibernation line. Now cnidarias would not spawn out of water, that is: sometimes for a very, very short period of time, you can see one or two cnidarias blinking up then vanishing fastly. Probably the floating cnidarias (as I call them) have to do with this command line, but still they first seem to spawn out of the water somewhere in the air, just not plain visible. Then they are gone. With the command line enabled they stay in the air dead.

I have also observed animals being there, but not being fully visible. They blink up in a moment, disappear and return, vanish again. If you guess where they are and hit them, they become visible. I'm not sure though, whether these two occuring issues belong together or depend on each other.

For me cnidarias away from the beach usually stay in the water, sometimes (very, very rare) one cnidaria also stays in the water though close to the beach. But all those others cnidaria clusters pop into existence while floating 5-10 meters above ground. If you ride/fly, etc. along the beach there's bunches of clusters to see. In my opinion game breaking. An issue that urgently should be fixed. Maybe it came with the last update, timing could fit in. Not sure though.

EDIT: I play on The Island

• 8 months later...

Archived