Community Crunch 143: Extinction Chronicles III Next Week, Dev Diary, & ARK Digest Returns!

Jen

18 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

It's been almost a year since the Q&A had someone ask for seperate tame and wild dino hunger configs (last August). I was over-exited when I saw an official replay saying something like "Make it so!" But still I havent seen it come out :(

I been asking for that config separation for years. I hope this hasn't been forgotten. This suggestion has been on the top 2 of my wishlist for Ark Configs!

It's a major game changer for me! I'm a relaxed builder and dino hoarder. My super singleplayer made to be as survival-less as possible (I'm interested in Ark for building, taming, breeding, collecting, hoarding, and most of all: eye candy). Starvation was the primary killer for my pretty pretty tames. Turning hunger drain to 0.0 to prevent starvation unfortunately makes wild dinos impossible to tame, so I have to force tame (and I rather not do this, especially on a private server, had to give my residents admin password so they could tame stuff).

What else can I do to prompt you guys to adding it?! You said you would!

Pretty please? *insert image of Jerboa with huge SUPER CUTE eyes!*

There are two in game solutions I can think of;

1: when trying to tame a dino, just knock it out, then use cheat dotame. This allows you to go through the work of knocking out a dino (the only fun part of taming anyway) and dotame tames it but you still need a saddle to ride.

2. The other solution is to put troughs down and fill those up to keep everything topped up. You can also use trek troughs and edit spoil timers to prevent all the food from decomposing. All it takes to fill them up is a small amount of time and a few admin commands

hope this helps?

• Thanks 1

what good does it do, when server tame cap is still reached, and you keep closing more and more servers.

wasted 300+hours just to have tame cap reached, waste of life honestly and good money on game and dlc's.

the 7 times i have written support, i havent gotten a single answer, they simply don't care about their players.

FFS WILDCARD WOULD YOU PLEASE GET YOUR poop TOGETHER AND FIX THE SERVER CAPS (so everyone can have the maximum amount of dino's pr tribe, shrink the player cap or whatever just fix it)
it's no fun for the players who actually do love your game, to be stuck because of server caps.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, PlusHalo said:

Does anyone know what the special event colors will be?

Nope not yet. I suspect they may get revealed in the next Crunch next week, or the day the patch drops. Along with finding out which tek dino we're getting, and also which corrupted skin too. I suspect the corrupted skin will be gloves as I think chestpiece and leggings are left to last as they are the bigger pieces.

Yet more PC loving I know that PC can be a test ground for things like updates and mods but for THE LOVE OF GOD implement S+ ALREADY. It has been way too long since announcement JUST GET THE MOD CREATORS TO HELP YOU if you can't do it on your own you already pay them get them to help fully implement it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we always say that you are PC Elitists and we say that because NO Sponsored mod after Primitive +, Rganarok and The Centre have been released on console and these were released in EA so they DO NOT count! To date there have been NO mods released on console and NO major changed to console dedicated hosting since Release. And little to NO support where console dedicated/Console players on Officials can equitably play.

Edited by DarthHaktyl

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, DarthHaktyl said:

Yet more PC loving I know that PC can be a test ground for things like updates and mods but for THE LOVE OF GOD implement S+ ALREADY. It has been way too long since announcement JUST GET THE MOD CREATORS TO HELP YOU if you can't do it on your own you already pay them get them to help fully implement it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we always say that you are PC Elitists and we say that because NO Sponsored mod after Primitive +, Rganarok and The Centre have been released on console and these were released in EA so they DO NOT count! To date there have been NO mods released on console and NO major changed to console dedicated hosting since Release. And little to NO support where console dedicated/Console players on Officials can equitably play.

S+ is not even on PC Official yet either, they are still in the same position as you. There's little point shouting at the devs to release S+. You either want a broken mod released or a polished mod to be released.

Just now, GP said:

S+ is not even on PC Official yet either, they are still in the same position as you. There's little point shouting at the devs to release S+. You either want a broken mod released or a polished mod to be released.

it just means they are dragging their butts and like i said they can get the mod devs to help them polish it and they have had over a year to "polish" the changes and nothing has been released about IF they are even working on it in the last 6 months.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DarthHaktyl said:

it just means they are dragging their butts and like i said they can get the mod devs to help them polish it and they have had over a year to "polish" the changes and nothing has been released about IF they are even working on it in the last 6 months.

Orionson works for WC, so they already have the Mod Developer working on it.

7 minutes ago, GP said:

Orionson works for WC, so they already have the Mod Developer working on it.

So as you say they have the Dev "working" on it but even then I know OrionSun has been keeping the mod up to date so why hasn't WC released some sort of news. i.e. we are continuing to work together to find a balanced way of implementing the changes to the core game that S+ would bring.

they haven't even done that so therefore you and WC are PC elitists..

If on console the Mods began as Unofficial like they do on PC then console players wouldn't be having the PC Elitist gripe about Sponsored Mods.

Edited by DarthHaktyl
  • Facepalm 1

Aye, great job on making SE easy enough for every idiot to play on. They're capped too now. Very great job. You know, some of us happily took the challenge of it being harder for the benefit of having a server where taming and breeding was still possible. We never had any problems with the environment, we EMBRACED it. It was the only thing that kept SE servers alive and healthy. Just fyi, one week after the change, they were already capped and dying just like the rest.

What's next? Will you just allow all creatures on Aberration so we can cap these too and destroy the VERY last sanctuary to make ARK COMPLETELY pointless for PvE players?

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Queen2khaos said:

There’s no x2 Maturation going on and on your twitter page maturation was excluded...... please fix or update us on what’s going on please. 

It does have maturation, here's the proof of the current settings which shows maturation 2.0.

http://arkdedicated.com/dynamicconfig.ini

Guest DJRone89
30 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

It was added?! I had no idea! thanks for letting me know!!!

Keep an eye on the wiki from time to time. That’s how I found it. I didn’t see anything in the patch notes about it at the time but I think it was  added in one of the dino TLC updates.

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, Queen2khaos said:

There’s no x2 Maturation going on and on your twitter page maturation was excluded...... please fix or update us on what’s going on please. 

Keep in mind that if you dropped eggs before it get changed, their incubating timers won't be updated and you have to re-log, re-render or re-drop them for the timer to gets update on your client. So if you are basing your assumptions that breeding was not included in the event on that, it might explain why you missed it. ?

MESHING. This has got to be the biggest issue with your game currently! How on Earth have you not fixed this? You should listen to actual players, we build in spots which are hard to mesh, the island is completely Meshable! Every cave is meshable. It’s a joke. Me and my tribe do not mesh as we do not like cheating or exploiting the game! But I know tribes who have defense against meshers and you will dev wipe them! How does that make sense? That’s ignorance...you let someone’s base fall due to players exploiting your game and meshing yet when someone tries to combat this you take action. Instead of punishing tribes for meshing and mesh defence you should just fix the issue. Your game has so many issues yet so many people play it in spite of the lag, the server issues, the exploits. The amount of times I’ve heard people talk about being able to raid a server and not dc ten times and be continuously stuck in a lag spike, surely there’s something you can do to improve your game and sort the exploits? 

A 2x breeding/maturation event while the dino cap is looming all over the official servers? You can't cook eggs, mate dinos, transfer between servers or even tame a single dodo..

Sorry, WC but every day everyone complains about the cap after killing all their worst dinos to try to get a new one and failing miserably >_<

"To that end, we're actively examining Aberration and looking at further ways to adjust and improve the player experience there in the near future as well."

I have a suggestion, do something about the raptoring chinese and russians who pillar everywhere and you cant expand at all.  Also, make the oil pumps on SE always be unlocked so the assholes who go around spamming pumps will find it less appealing when everyone can open them.  I've got 2 at my base that a chinese dude owns, who lives on the other side of the map.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Keep an eye on the wiki from time to time. That’s how I found it. I didn’t see anything in the patch notes about it at the time but I think it was  added in one of the dino TLC updates.

I just now checked here https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

I dont see the new configs you mentioned, just the old one.

What wiki page are you referring to?

Edited by GreenRoc