TroyParry

Tames often escaping closed areas

I have a perctly aligned behemoth pen for 3 Rex (for mating/eggs), and quite often one or more are getting out. I have a bigger one with 6 Rex and the same happens there too. Lastly I have another smaller room with many small untamed Dino’s and most of them got out as well (1/6 remain).

im on single player, there shouldn’t be any way for these Dino’s to get out unless I open the door and let them out.

gXsJbHn.jpg

I had 6 small untamed creatures dropped in the left pen, only 1 remain. They went missing 1-2 at a time.

IdLMxxd.jpg

Already 1 Rex missing from here. Previously I found them wandering outside, but the most recent time I had to request and lose its items.

Edited by TroyParry

1 hour ago, Dairo said:

try to upload the images to a page and link the image here

Yeah I did that before, total pain in the ass. I upload to imgur website and it takes forever, then gives a “failed to upload” error and retries over and over. It’s just an iPad screenshot.

Edited by TroyParry

14 minutes ago, marcnesium said:

The glitching error is very common, also in the other versions.

best thing trying to prevent this is a second wall or a more inexpensive wooden railing (2-3 items high) to have a much higher chance to keep your tames in the pen. That works worse for tighter taming pens.

But the more you build, the sooner you reach the point where your structures start to randomly disappear. I don’t want very expensive workarounds, I want bugs fixed.

im only having the problem on tames I allow to wander (which is necessary for them to mate), and untamed Dino’s, you have no control over their movement. My other tames are ok.

Edited by TroyParry

13 hours ago, lordtweakslide said:

I was told the that they escape due to the way the world loads when reentering an area the land and dinos load before structures so if a dino is against a wall they glitch through it when the area loads back in

Yeah I know that's happened in other games like Minecraft, happened to me countless times. However in my case I often stay online for very long periods of time, say 8 hours (pending crashes). I do however leave the area and come back again, and it's probably during this re-rendering time that it's happening. I've seen dinos enter the game by falling from the sky (saw 2 alpha T-Rex fall onto a mountain before!), so i'm guessing these ones might be falling and bouncing off the walls edge.  It's quite common to see a Rex half poking through the wall (this is what they need to fix), so it's x,y co-ordinates are dangerously close to the gate. Increase the dinos footprint so it can't get so close to the walls, then it should prevent it from falling out when it's rendered in.

If it's due to dinos getting rendered before built structures, then that seriously needs looking into.

Edited by TroyParry