Dino Cap.. and the silence from WC

Super Fab

On 8/9/2018 at 12:41 AM, cattafett said:

here's an idea, single player storage

when my internet went out for a while i got bored & missed ark so i went on single player for a bit and while playing it came to me, wouldn't it be great if i could store my official dinos here till i needed them and be able to move stuff back and forth when needed

the single player storage game/server/don't know what to call it would have to be set the same as official servers with admin commands turned off (maybe let us carry wild dinos) 

i have more to add but i have to go out, will continue my ramblings later

Bad idea. I am not going to go into further detail, but this will really break PvP (and intentionally PvE as well.)

On 8/9/2018 at 2:04 AM, Aylana314159 said:

It's called the S+ item collector.

S+ also released a new tek kibble dino storage/egg laying structure.

The promised S+ integration into base game seems like false hope.

Or rather, they shifted their attention at the least wanted features, or DLC.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They know the solution is to give people an incentive not to tame cap themselves. Get rid of the reason to hoard dinos. It’s really not that hard. A dam 12 year old can come up with a way to incentivize people to reduce their hoards. I truly don’t understand WCs pitiful neglect on this issue. This one is just laziness. 

Guest DJRone89
50 minutes ago, Corrigan said:

They know the solution is to give people an incentive not to tame cap themselves. Get rid of the reason to hoard dinos. It’s really not that hard. A dam 12 year old can come up with a way to incentivize people to reduce their hoards. I truly don’t understand WCs pitiful neglect on this issue. This one is just laziness. 

Doesn’t matter what they introduce, the cap will always exist and eventually get reached.

Guest DJRone89
31 minutes ago, ZoltanChivay said:

You could just play unofficial. Why do you force yourself to the cancer that is Official?

Not the point as caps exist on there too. People play official because that’s what experience they want from the game.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Not the point as caps exist on there too. People play official because that’s what experience they want from the game.

So they intentionally choose to join servers where they cannot build or tame, that's what the want to experience.

Just because you play official servers, doesn't mean you cannot also play unofficial servers. It's not necessarily one or the other.

Guest DJRone89
44 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

So they intentionally choose to join servers where they cannot build or tame, that's what the want to experience.

Just because you play official servers, doesn't mean you cannot also play unofficial servers. It's not necessarily one or the other.

Asking someone to play unofficials isn’t a solution because many people simply don’t want to play them.

35 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Asking someone to play unofficials isn’t a solution because many people simply don’t want to play them.

Then don't complain about the CAP, you chose to play there with the awful CAP, if you don't want to play with it 99,9% of unofficial servers don't have CAP, some also have no mods and low rates if that's what you want.

Guest DJRone89
30 minutes ago, ZoltanChivay said:

Then don't complain about the CAP, you chose to play there with the awful CAP, if you don't want to play with it 99,9% of unofficial servers don't have CAP, some also have no mods and low rates if that's what you want.

I don’t play official and host my own private cluster but caps still exist. All hardware has limitations mate, so to say that unofficials have no caps is plain wrong.

7 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Doesn’t matter what they introduce, the cap will always exist and eventually get reached.

Obviously your going to die one day. Why continue living if your going to die anyway?That’s how I perceive that argument bubba lol. What’s your response? Is it to prolong your life as much as you can? Yes? That’s how they should perceive PVE servers with a cap. Reduce the incentive to tame cap by reworking kibble, perhaps even reworking alliances on PVE so tribes can’t build ontop of one another, adding region locks, adding stat bonuses per % of unused tame slots per tribe, monopolizing groups of tames via in game trading methods to keep certain people focused on 1-2 species, removing trade in its entirety, reworking bosses so breeding isn’t an absolute must for hard modes, reworking tames so mass breeding isn’t an absolute must for hard modes, decreasing egg laying intervals, increasing egg laying amounts (Dino’s lay more than 1 egg in reality), etc, etc. I can go on and on. Servers reaching cap at all, and in some cases reaching cap so quickly is a result of a combination of things they could EASILY change- even if the changes are balanced for PVE only.  There isn’t an excuse on their part for this issue. There isn’t. 

I’m excited for whatever game their potentially coming out with next (Ark 2), and I wish they would make test servers accessible to part of the public where they could test changes- to which if successful, can be implemented into ARK 2 so that it alleviates alot of the ‘way of life’ issues we deal with in ark. 

Guest DJRone89
45 minutes ago, Corrigan said:

Obviously your going to die one day. Why continue living if your going to die anyway?That’s how I perceive that argument bubba lol. What’s your response? Is it to prolong your life as much as you can? Yes? That’s how they should perceive PVE servers with a cap. Reduce the incentive to tame cap by reworking kibble, perhaps even reworking alliances on PVE so tribes can’t build ontop of one another, adding region locks, adding stat bonuses per % of unused tame slots per tribe, monopolizing groups of tames via in game trading methods to keep certain people focused on 1-2 species, removing trade in its entirety, reworking bosses so breeding isn’t an absolute must for hard modes, reworking tames so mass breeding isn’t an absolute must for hard modes, decreasing egg laying intervals, increasing egg laying amounts (Dino’s lay more than 1 egg in reality), etc, etc. I can go on and on. Servers reaching cap at all, and in some cases reaching cap so quickly is a result of a combination of things they could EASILY change- even if the changes are balanced for PVE only.  There isn’t an excuse on their part for this issue. There isn’t. 

I’m excited for whatever game their potentially coming out with next (Ark 2), and I wish they would make test servers accessible to part of the public where they could test changes- to which if successful, can be implemented into ARK 2 so that it alleviates alot of the ‘way of life’ issues we deal with in ark. 

Do you honestly believe that the devs bringing in new ways to lower the cap will actually make a difference?

Look what happens when they have 2x mature events. Every man and their mother hatches as many eggs as possible because they all have the same idea.

They can rework the kibble system all they want, people will then mass tame/breed the dinos they didn’t have the opportunity to do before, replacing the kibble farms with different creatures, filling in the gaps you so desperately needed.

PvE was always have dino cap issues, delaying the process will help but in the end it’s inevitable.

10 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Do you honestly believe that the devs bringing in new ways to lower the cap will actually make a difference?

Look what happens when they have 2x mature events. Every man and their mother hatches as many eggs as possible because they all have the same idea.

They can rework the kibble system all they want, people will then mass tame/breed the dinos they didn’t have the opportunity to do before, replacing the kibble farms with different creatures, filling in the gaps you so desperately needed.

PvE was always have dino cap issues, delaying the process will help but in the end it’s inevitable.

Reread the anaology I used in the post You quoted of me. You will die in the end, quitting smoking isn’t going to prevent that, but quit smoking if you wana extend it. 

Their goal should be to to accommodate as many tribes as they can on PVE before cap then. Provide enough servers, you may not reach cap on majority of them. Provide indicators if a server is near cap, you’ll evenly spread out the large PVE player base. There’s solutions. PLENTY of solutions. Theres dozens and dozens of solutions. I listed about a dozen, and if you incorporate a multitude of changes, I gaurentee the problem will fix its self. There’s always a solution within arms reach bro lol ? 

This isn’t like the meshing issue. 

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Agreed. 

Official PvE will always be crowded due to many players thinking officials are somehow the only true way to play or somehow superior to unofficials. Everyone has a choice if they want to play on these servers. Tame cap isn't a new problem. Everyone is free to choose to play servers where they cannot actually tame anything...it kinda a stupid choice since other options are available.

The only way for official servers to no longer have tame cap problems, it to make all official servers PvP.

Unofficial PvE servers, while technically have a tame cap settings, are rarely tame capped because owner/admins enforce rules about sharing the server and culling breeding projects. Or use the dino storage mod, where dinos get turned to objects to reduce active tames. 

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Corrigan said:

Reread the anaology I used in the post You quoted of me. You will die in the end, quitting smoking isn’t going to prevent that, but quit smoking if you wana extend it. 

Their goal should be to to accommodate as many tribes as they can on PVE before cap then. Provide enough servers, you may not reach cap on majority of them. Provide indicators if a server is near cap, you’ll evenly spread out the large PVE player base. There’s solutions. PLENTY of solutions. Theres dozens and dozens of solutions. I listed about a dozen, and if you incorporate a multitude of changes, I gaurentee the problem will fix its self. There’s always a solution within arms reach bro lol ? 

It’s the players that control the cap. Remember that.

3 hours ago, Corrigan said:

Even if they gave us 10,000 servers then there would be 10,000 capped servers.. The game at its' core promotes hording. Did you play EA? We didnt have cap issues until near the end of EA, the game has become so easy now that its simple for one tribe to cap.

The PC cap for tribes is a nice 500, whereas on Console we still only have 200 yet every server is still capped. It happened on the first Vday event, where we got increased breeding %. This combined with many factors give us what we have now. 

I wont pretend to know the solution. All I know is the solution will have to be forced upon players because clearly we cant be tasked with solving it internally.

9 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

I don’t play official and host my own private cluster but caps still exist. All hardware has limitations mate, so to say that unofficials have no caps is plain wrong.

You can disable it in unofficials by raising to a high amount that's impossible to reach, I played in many unofficials and they never had the dino CAP.

If you don't like the dino CAP and you have your private cluster then change it, even tho if it's as private as you said you'll never reach the CAP, either you need to hoard less or your server has enough people to not be called "private".

EDIT: Also Wildcard is implementing a new item with Extinction that should, at least in theory, help as it acts as dino storage turning dinos into items and therefore freeing up spots to prevent the CAP. All you'll need to do is tell people about it and distribute said item to those who don't have Extinction if you really wanna solve this problem.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, ZoltanChivay said:

You can disable it in unofficials by raising to a high amount that's impossible to reach, I played in many unofficials and they never had the dino CAP.

If you don't like the dino CAP and you have your private cluster then change it, even tho if it's as private as you said you'll never reach the CAP, either you need to hoard less or your server has enough people to not be called "private".

EDIT: Also Wildcard is implementing a new item with Extinction that should, at least in theory, help as it acts as dino storage turning dinos into items and therefore freeing up spots to prevent the CAP. All you'll need to do is tell people about it and distribute said item to those who don't have Extinction if you really wanna solve this problem.

Raising the cap won’t stop the server from suffering from performance issues. You have to be pretty simple to think otherwise.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:13 AM, DJRone89 said:

I know people have mentioned the devs adding in more diseases that affect dinos but even then it wouldn’t affect the dinos that are kept solely for storage.

Adding in a revised kibble system will only delay the process but would still help the current situation.

End of the day, the caps exist because of performance issues because no mater what hardware they use, it can only sustain so much. Caps will remain an issue as long as people are actively playing on a server.

There will always be a limit somewhere. Even when I threw the most popular server on my cluster onto a ram disk, to get 7 GB/s read and 5 GB/s write speeds, which sped up base loading times dramatically, and somehow improved frames per second, and the save time improved quite a lot, you still have the problem of, what happens when you expand your base some more.

After the update increasing spoilage timers and lighting storms no longer taking out gens, box tribes moved into our Se server right away (almost over night) building boxes for nothing more then to store dinos and with rule changes and ORP the server cant even clean itself let alone offer no down side for just leaving your dinos anywhere you want when logging out. Now with the so called breeding event our server SE 85 is now capped along with our island, center, and Rag server (though those have been capped for months) so the one server i could still play and on a whim tame can no longer do that. what is the point of a breeding event if you cant breed, raise, or tame? we shouldn't feel like you should have to have 500 dinos most just for the purpose of killing or uploading just to raise better dinos. 

14 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Raising the cap won’t stop the server from suffering from performance issues. You have to be pretty simple to think otherwise.

So what exactly do you want WC to do? Every solution proposed is not good for you, it seems you're here only to cry about a problem that you don't want to be solved.

If you are on official, as you said, you chose to deal with this cancer, if you don't like it you move to an unofficial without mods and with the same rates as official. If you are on unofficial get the admins to enforce culling of useless dinosaurs and/or remove the CAP, which you can because in all the servers I played we never had a problem with CAPs and they were full of people hoarding dinosaurs.

The lack of CAP causes you to lag? Well you have 4 options:

1) get better hardware for you or the server

2) learn to live with the lag

3) reintroduce the CAP and deal with it

4) frequent wipes

That's it, there will never be a perfect solution that gets rid of both the CAP and the lag.

I play on PS4 and liked this game so much that I upgraded my PC and bought another copy so I could enjoy better graphics. (See my previous posts I was a fanboy) Spent all day Fri grabbing resources and building gates for my small base. Went to tame my "1st dino" and tame capped. Not really a good start. Bought Conan and seriously debating asking for a refund from Steam since I cant play. As a new player and I cant even tame a dodo. I wouldnt call that a good experience would you.

Whoever is in charge is seriously not in touch with whats going on on their servers. Seriously youre going to add X2 breeding and maturation on top of the current problems?

Why does every goddamn player tout a kibble rework as a fix to the tamecap?  No one will magically want less dinos (overall) if they need 30 less for a functioning kibble farm.

THINK, people.  ARK players will just tame 30 more different dinos.  I swear to god man...  Use your goddamn brains.

EDIT:  All that reworking the kibble system will do is make some dinos 100% useless.  100%.  Might as well take em out of the game.

Archived