solo Solo Player Dino Limit Increase

Pawnography

Hey there, I’d recommend to add a bigger dino limit for players who are solo (not in a tribe), especially on PVE servers. I know that the purpose of online servers is so people can communicate and join tribes, but I enjoy going into servers due to the environment and knowing that there are also others around me and I’m not just in a single player world all by myself. The problem I’m running into is that I want to do breeding but all the essential dino’s that I have for resource gathering is filling up my dino limit, making breeding a decision that would result in me un claiming a dino or killing to stay below the limit. An increase to the dino limit for SOLO players would make a great addition to the game and if the solo player would to ever join a tribe the limit would go back to standard unless they go solo once again. 

Agree with this i hope developers could see this :( its so hard to breed another dino because of limit especially on Single player mode,so with need to become practical on every dino we tame. With the new item that increase mating on dino it's so hard to use, because of the tame limit, we want to breed every dino but the tame limit stop us Maybe they add more on single player mode because basically it's offline and no one can bother you for taming every dino you see.

9 hours ago, XiaoSui said:

Agree with this i hope developers could see this :( its so hard to breed another dino because of limit especially on Single player mode,so with need to become practical on every dino we tame. With the new item that increase mating on dino it's so hard to use, because of the tame limit, we want to breed every dino but the tame limit stop us Maybe they add more on single player mode because basically it's offline and no one can bother you for taming every dino you see.

Yeah I agree with you 100%. It comes down to a decision of which dino to basically kill off to enjoy the game. I play online myself and I like to keep to myself because being in a tribe is too much work for me. I get everyone done by self and it’s faster for me that way, but the Dino limit isn’t convenient at all for me and probably many other players out there. 

I second what all of you have said. I play solely in single player mode and am starting to get into breeding. You guys are right, as of now, if someone wants to breed for better dinos, they're likely going to have to kill multiple of their other tames in order to stay under the 40 creature tame limit. Though it does seem reasonable to have a tame limit on some servers in order to reduce lag that too many creatures will cause, on single player (at least) I don't see why the limit is so low.

6 hours ago, Lunar Larry said:

I second what all of you have said. I play solely in single player mode and am starting to get into breeding. You guys are right, as of now, if someone wants to breed for better dinos, they're likely going to have to kill multiple of their other tames in order to stay under the 40 creature tame limit. Though it does seem reasonable to have a tame limit on some servers in order to reduce lag that too many creatures will cause, on single player (at least) I don't see why the limit is so low.

Oh my, I didn’t know the single player limit was 40! On multiplayer it’s only 12 (15 if you’re a Primal Pass Member). 

2 hours ago, Pawnography said:

Oh my, I didn’t know the single player limit was 40! On multiplayer it’s only 12 (15 if you’re a Primal Pass Member). 

I'm in a very small tribe on PvP and our limit is 75 tames... I can't see any logic in a 40 cap on single player, it's definitely not for performance reasons.

The game is free to play, I'm not trying to get into the devs minds in here, but I do think that our suffering now is well calculated, and hopefully in the future they will raise that tame limit cap or at least introduce the option to buy higher cap limit which I think it's more likely to happen since they started it with primal pass already 50 tame limit compared to 40 to non primal players, and to be honest I didn't know that non primal limit is 40 which is really sad until recently while reading some posts. Even tho 50 tame limit still very low, you have more than 60 tamable creatures in Ark, 50 isn't even enough to tame one of each (FYI still talking about single player experience ), and when you start breeding.... well killing tame will start and that's really sad. Now introducing bosses is still far ahead of us if it's possible at least which requires 15-20 dedicated tames for that particular raid, and now it wouldn't make sense even more that tame cap. 

All I can ask and hope for is at least the option to buy higher cap.

2 hours ago, NeNe said:

The game is free to play, I'm not trying to get into the devs minds in here, but I do think that our suffering now is well calculated, and hopefully in the future they will raise that tame limit cap or at least introduce the option to buy higher cap limit which I think it's more likely to happen since they started it with primal pass already 50 tame limit compared to 40 to non primal players, and to be honest I didn't know that non primal limit is 40 which is really sad until recently while reading some posts. Even tho 50 tame limit still very low, you have more than 60 tamable creatures in Ark, 50 isn't even enough to tame one of each (FYI still talking about single player experience ), and when you start breeding.... well killing tame will start and that's really sad. Now introducing bosses is still far ahead of us if it's possible at least which requires 15-20 dedicated tames for that particular raid, and now it wouldn't make sense even more that tame cap. 

All I can ask and hope for is at least the option to buy higher cap.

I second this. I would gladly pay amber for more slots. 

Ditto.

I thought that 50 was a pretty low limit, to hear that it’s normally 40 - or 12 in some circumstances!!! That’s crazy.

I play solo and whilst I have only just tamed my 50th Dino, already I’ve discovered that it just isn’t enough. So far I’ve got 3 bases scattered across the map and like to have basic resource Dino’s at each of them depending on the biome. I can’t do that much more now that I’ve hit the cap. It will only get harder and harder once I get to a point where I can start breeding.

Ive already purchased the primal pass, but I’d be willing to pay more to increase the cap, perhaps through ancient amber or a vip add on to the primal pass. I understand that this would make things quite unfair on the multiplayer servers, but in SOLO pve mode that isn’t a factor. Also it wouldn’t cause any server lag etc as in SOLO mode you aren’t playing on a live server, it’s all local to your device.

hopefully the developers will see our requests and consider them for future updates. It seems that quite a few people would be willing to pay more for a higher tame limit, which is exactly how games like ark create micro transaction revenue, so I have hope

12 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

Ditto.

I thought that 50 was a pretty low limit, to hear that it’s normally 40 - or 12 in some circumstances!!! That’s crazy.

I play solo and whilst I have only just tamed my 50th Dino, already I’ve discovered that it just isn’t enough. So far I’ve got 3 bases scattered across the map and like to have basic resource Dino’s at each of them depending on the biome. I can’t do that much more now that I’ve hit the cap. It will only get harder and harder once I get to a point where I can start breeding.

Ive already purchased the primal pass, but I’d be willing to pay more to increase the cap, perhaps through ancient amber or a vip add on to the primal pass. I understand that this would make things quite unfair on the multiplayer servers, but in SOLO pve mode that isn’t a factor. Also it wouldn’t cause any server lag etc as in SOLO mode you aren’t playing on a live server, it’s all local to your device.

hopefully the developers will see our requests and consider them for future updates. It seems that quite a few people would be willing to pay more for a higher tame limit, which is exactly how games like ark create micro transaction revenue, so I have hope

Agreed!

On 8/8/2018 at 9:47 PM, ScreamingViolet said:

Ditto.

+1 I would pay to increase tame limit also 

Since single player data is stored into your phone having a large amount of dinos could use alot of ur storage.

Also the game crash more often and gets laggy more often when you are near a big amount of dinos.

So deleting the limit could be possible but it would be dangerous for devices so adding such a limit of dinos per area could fix this.

Also we are talking about tames but there is a limit of structures placeable near your player too

7 hours ago, Creasmo said:

Since single player data is stored into your phone having a large amount of dinos could use alot of ur storage.

Also the game crash more often and gets laggy more often when you are near a big amount of dinos.

So deleting the limit could be possible but it would be dangerous for devices so adding such a limit of dinos per area could fix this.

Also we are talking about tames but there is a limit of structures placeable near your player too

It would take more data space, but as it would be an optional thing it shouldn’t be an issue.

even as it stands at 40/50 if you find your Dino’s taking up to much space on your phone you have the option To delete some - or you could always delete a few apps! lol

4 hours ago, xxSchultz said:

I play singleplayer and I think the Dino tame limit should be at least 100 not 40. 

What am I gonna do with my 30 dodos dodo farm!? ?

And I thought my 10 dodos in a chicken coop was excessive ? 

but seriously, I’m in mid dame (L70ish) and am starting to get serious about taming and breeding. I need to have multiples of a breed to stand any chance of collecting their eggs to make kibble for taming. Also, as I start breeding I’m going to need to have breeding pairs to get fertilised eggs. 

I cant fathom how anyone could play successfully on a multiplayer pvp server with only 12/15 slots... that’s crazy! 

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I would pay Amber for more Dino slots. I am maxed on Dino’s and feel really limited on what I can do as far as tames go. I’m level 78 and would like to continue working on breeding and mutations. I don’t want a turtle, stego or dimorph anymore, but they are on the kibble imprint list. I currently have a wild dimetrodon and terror bird in little huts in the north swamp that I have to travel to for eggs. I really don’t have the space to tame them and continue to work with breeding. It’s a annoying to have to travel for them as I base mainly south of the swamp. Every time I breed I have to unclaim 1-3 dinos. But I don’t like to not breed since the bred dinos  often surpass the parents even without the imprint bonus. But with the current limit of 40-50 tames and needing a good chunk of that limit to be used on kibble imprint dinos, I don’t have the space to work on multiple breeding projects.

Archived