Why is it possible to get a ban for that?Offical pve problems

DwaynetheTrader

I started to play on rag offical solo serveral weeks ago. I got tons of mats and alot of dinos/creatures. Im lvl 95 now and helped alot people on my server if they need anything or new people to get started.

But since the server is capped the server turned from a frendly server with interesting discussions to an server where the people complains about anyone who tames to much. The server leaders opened a discord group. From where they post screenshots from people who got 30 of the same tames. The leader of the discord group lure new players to that discord group on the server to also report those players --> to get tons of reports to the same tribe from many different players. They do scout/screenshot runs (i mean this is crazy) to post all people as i said with bases who got to many dinos or like 30 of the same kind. Sometimes people get banned cz of this and they bosses laugh about that?! BUT the thing is: IT DONT SOLVE THE DINOCAP PROBLEM..  once a tribe got banned there maybe 50-200 new slots after 2h the server is again capped cz of all hatchers and new people tame alot who dont know that the server is usualy capped 24/7 

another point is that as l said every 5min new players join the **fresh server** to see after serveral hours played : DILO what does tame cap mean.  

i mean there are NO other topics in my server chat then explaining others/news that mechanic which sux after 500 explanations. 

Well now since my 5th day ovis farm with 35 ovis im maybe the next one getting banned.. i also thought about killing all of them. Which has zero sense cz if people see oh theres free slots theyll place 50 rafts( 1 raft are 5 dino slots and  motorboad is 20) and done..

I mean isnt it the sense and game desing to get alot of dino A to get alot of dino B and then get alot of dino C (kibble system)

second point is that every tribe is allowed to tame 500 dinos which shows the invent.

i mean i hate the current desing that people fight in pve like ill report u for mass taming and the others says the same... both pay randoms to collect players --> reports and send them to **beat** its enemy..  I think this is one of the biggest problems of ark today

Why do you even have 30 plus ovis's?

People like you are the problem so you shouldn't even be mad if you lose that. 

People need to think, I'm sharing this server with other people and don't go crazy.

I've went to PvP servers since I started ark because PvE servers are filled with pointless bullpoop. I thought there would be more creativity and cool builds but no its just a junk yard.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

If you are building a boss team,  you are going to have 20-30 rexes, 20-30 argies, 20-3 sloths, ....

if your boss team wipes,  you’ll need a back up team.

If get the rex's but why 30+ argies? You could easily tame a low level one at the start and put into weight then maybe later get a high level to breed a few and then purge old generations. I don't even need 30 on a PVP server.

14 minutes ago, Mikessnow said:

People need to think, I'm sharing this server with other people and don't go crazy.

I've went to PvP servers since I started ark because PvE servers are filled with pointless bullpoop. I thought there would be more creativity and cool builds but no its just a junk yard.

Well ur right what u said about the bottom part there are no creative buildings only big and bigger quaders to store massive kibble farms 

AND thats the point i got 30 plus ovis cz i dont want to go for 10 kibble trees for those meat dinos i want.....

so cz of that i would tame like 80 pluss dinos for kibble. But to avoid that i got ovis. 

53 minutes ago, Mikessnow said:

If get the rex's but why 30+ argies? You could easily tame a low level one at the start and put into weight then maybe later get a high level to breed a few and then purge old generations. I don't even need 30 on a PVP server.

Some people use argies for manticore,  rhinos or zinos for dragon, sloths for brood rexes for ape.  We can use stegos,drakes, spinos on rockwell. 

Then theres breeding for stats and colors,  if you have 25 females all matching it makes moving and mutating go much faster than if you only have 1 female.

4 hours ago, Mikessnow said:

There is nothing wrong with them wanting to have even 100 ovis if they feel like it. Everyone can spend their tame limit on whatever they want. The issues come in when people create alt tribes to intentionally spam the server over the original cap. If everyone stuck to their original tame cap for 1 tribe there would be plenty of room for everyone. People like the OP are not the problem. It's everyone that tames 1000+ dinos over 15 alt tribes with the sole intention of just hogging space like its their own personal single player server.

I like how pre occupied people get with what people who actually play on the server has.  Who raptoring cares. People can play their game however they want, as long as they aren't raptoring up things for everyone else by like building on resource nodes or having your dinos on wander aggressive killing spawns like a certain dbag tribe on one of the servers I am on.

The problem, on EVERY official server is storage/warehouse tribes.  People who don't actually play on the server aside to refresh and feed stuff.

6 hours ago, Mikessnow said:

The server is player vs event, not I'm going to be a shepard. It's a place for people to join up to beat the game with other people.

pve means player vs environment, not event. And just because you play one way does not mean that others can not do it differently. That's the beauty of a sandbox type game. 

To answer the question in your headline: to the best of my knowledge you cannot get banned for having 30 Ovis'. Your tribes 500 tame slots are yours and yours alone. You can cap your tribe with whatever you like such as 500 dodos, 400 Ovis' and 100 dodos, 400 dodos with 90 Ovis' and 10 rafts. I'm not familiar with ANY rule stating you cannot tame, breed, or simply have only a certain amount of any particular tame. PVE server politics is what's happening on your server and you should simply ignore it. Is it morally right to have so many useless tames with the current system? That's your prerogative, however as far as I'm concerned your tame cap is 500. WC does need to intervene or redo PVE in its entirety, including the kibble tree, but until then you shouldn't be banned for having whatever tames. 

2 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Some people only see the confines of the box and not the limitless possibilities of the sand in the box.

Nice lol

I think a better anaology is how people share the sand and how big the sandbox is. 5 people sharing it with a 500 tame limit each versus only 3 sharing it because 2 made alt tribes to take more sand. The tribe tame limit in conjunction with the server tame limit was to define the size of sandbox and how many could coexist within it. If this was respected then there'd be less of an issue. Top that off with indicators on servers at Cap or near Cap, I think we'd see less bullscat on PVE in comparison to what we see now. 

On 8/6/2018 at 5:07 PM, Mikessnow said:

Some people use the argys for boss fights since they have the healing affect and you can pump their health and melee

On 8/6/2018 at 6:04 PM, GrumpyBear said:

Then there is breeding for stats and colors,  if you have 25 females all matching it makes moving and mutating go much faster than if you only have 1 female.

^Adding more dinos to the problem, what they should do i already suggested was, lock out players from servers once they creating a tribe and started to build a base, example, island map their tribe made a base, locked out of all other island servers, can go to Ragnarok one tribe is created locked out of all over rag servers, additionally servers are steam id locked out as well, server receives 10 new players, server is brand new, 9 of those create a tribe, 1 slot left on server before lockout, player requests to join tribe is picked up by a tribe, new person comes in creates a tribe, server is new tribe locked out.

Message server full, please join another server, why would we want to do this?

To have servers retain their originating tame caps, so if cap is 5000 per server, only 10 tribes(not players) can be on that server, someone doesn't login to server in 8 days everything is wiped.  If they want to grieve they have to purchase more accounts, give wc more money, if that is what they want and if people are dumb enough to buy things more than once for whatever reason then they will.

So the cap is solved, players can tame to their hearts content play the game, progress and have to only deal with another 9 tribes instead of countless new tribes.

the 10 tribe limit is an example, i do not know the official tame cap number, if anyone does post it.

2 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

^Adding more dinos to the problem, what they should do i already suggested was, lock out players from servers once they creating a tribe and started to build a base, example, island map their tribe made a base, locked out of all other island servers, can go to Ragnarok one tribe is created locked out of all over rag servers, additionally servers are steam id locked out as well, server receives 10 new players, server is brand new, 9 of those create a tribe, 1 slot left on server before lockout, player requests to join tribe is picked up by a tribe, new person comes in creates a tribe, server is new tribe locked out.

Message server full, please join another server, why would we want to do this?

To have servers retain their originating tame caps, so if cap is 5000 per server, only 10 tribes(not players) can be on that server, someone doesn't login to server in 8 days everything is wiped.  If they want to grieve they have to purchase more accounts, give wc more money, if that is what they want and if people are dumb enough to buy things more than once for whatever reason then they will.

So the cap is solved, players can tame to their hearts content play the game, progress and have to only deal with another 9 tribes instead of countless new tribes.

the 10 tribe limit is an example, i do not know the official tame cap number, if anyone does post it.

So I just make 9 alt accounts and have a whole server to myself! Sweet!

Bad idea man.. good intentions but poorly thought out. If they do that you might as well play unofficial for low player count.

On 8/6/2018 at 3:54 PM, DwaynetheTrader said:

The server leaders opened a discord group. From where they post screenshots from people who got 30 of the same tames. The leader of the discord group lure new players to that discord group on the server to also report those players --> to get tons of reports to the same tribe from many different players. They do scout/screenshot runs (i mean this is crazy) to post all people as i said with bases who got to many dinos or like 30 of the same kind. Sometimes people get banned cz of this and they bosses laugh about that?! BUT the thing is: IT DONT SOLVE THE DINOCAP PROBLEM..  once a tribe got banned there maybe 50-200 new slots after 2h the server is again capped cz of all hatchers and new people tame alot who dont know that the server is usualy capped 24/7 

Well now since my 5th day ovis farm with 35 ovis im maybe the next one getting banned.. i also thought about killing all of them. Which has zero sense cz if people see oh theres free slots theyll place 50 rafts( 1 raft are 5 dino slots and  motorboad is 20) and done..

Getting back to the original post:

These "leaders" of this discord group are not accomplishing anything by submitting ridiculous reports about something that does not violate the Code of Conduct: Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames and/or rafts. Spamming rafts is one thing, but this "30" number they've come up with is B.S. That's become a normal part of breeding. Taming is part of the game and you get 500 dinos per tribe. Some people make multiple tribes to get more dinos, which sucks, but it happens. I would guess that these guys are simply trying to bully people to kill dinos and make more cap space for themselves. The fact that they give themselves credit for getting someone banned supports that. Wildcard is not in the habit of releasing specific details on why specific people get banned. I would actually take screenshots of the global chat and report them for harassment.

My thoughts on PVE tame cap:

It's a server hardware issue. As long as there is a cap in PVE, it will always be filled. The only question is how long will it take. I never kill anything to make cap space for anyone, including myself, because it is merely wasted effort. On an active server, it ebbs and flows with one or two spots here and there as people actually play the game and transfer or die. I look forward to the cryogenic freezing chamber, but what happens when the server caps with physical dinos and you can't get out you're frozen ones? I suspect it will be a constant cycle of freezing and unfreezing, and ya better leave the boss dinos out.

19 hours ago, d1nk said:

So I just make 9 alt accounts and have a whole server to myself! Sweet!

Bad idea man.. good intentions but poorly thought out. If they do that you might as well play unofficial for low player count.

reply:

Yea after posting i thought about it, didn't expect 9 accounts, but hopefully they have to purchase the game again and not just make a new steam account and do some questionable things to gain access, if this is how its done, well that pretty easy, its good and bad. (like i said some people ruining everything yet again.)

Venturing out of official:

Yea about unofficial I've been to a few one was constantly getting ddos'd or pretending they were (and owner gave some dude admin access and he was doing questionable things besides using the cheats), the other was barren seemed like i was the only one on it and was not enjoyable.  

I hear there are good owners but who knows you'd have to go to each one spend idk 1 month to get a good feel for the place, that time is lost to go to a better place, its a roll of the dice.  To me officials is 'here hit the ground running', can be there years no real issues besides people being people.

On Topic:

^The post wasn't going to be long winded in all honesty its the servers, they can't sustain the number they put in play, so they are making this our problem, however there are also people abusing the system by making purchasing or teaming with tribes to get more than the allowed amount (basically being spoiled.)  500 really seems like enough for each tribe i don't get the desire for more than that and people are even complaining about that number, i'd like it to remain 500, I've never hit that number (by myself) and changing it now would cause even more grief.

I'd ban anyone with more than 2 rafts and 3 boats it is obviously to hold spots, (and dodo's above 10) you only need 1 boat in my eyes, people are rarely in the water as it is. in pve.  Why do boats rafts count as tames is beyond me but that is what it is, otherwise i wouldn't care who had 100 boats.

Archived