Is new DLC maps coming for mobile?

Luckyjj

• 4 weeks later...

I would love for the dlc and modded content to be available to mobile, but I too think it would just be too much data processing and need too much storage to run on mobile.

im actually super impressed with how well such a huge (in many ways) game like ark plays on mobile.

but if they ever do manage it I will be at the front of the queue!

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mensana21 said:

Yeah, I think they could do like a "Ragnarok" or 'Aberration" map, just like they did the Island Map on Mobile. 
Is this coming @WarDrumKeys ?

The guys from war drum (the studio who brought ark to mobile) are having an AMA on Reddit today/tomorrow/yesterday (lol) and I dare say that dlc, new maps and mods will come up. I think it’s 2pm est on wed the 10th. There’s a post at top of forum.

Ive got a LONG way to go before I can open more apps on PS4, or a long time til I can do it without using cheat codes that is. Still undecided if I want to use them or not.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:29 AM, Gorr said:

Maybe they could set it up so that a map like Scorched Earth, Aberration or Ragnarok would be available in the app store, separate from the original ARK Mobile app

I agree, that would be awesome if the could do that. If this was ever put out, I'm pretty sure that they will have the drawback of less content and lower graphics, but I will be happy with it as long as they don't take out the wyverns, drakes, or reapers.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:20 AM, Creasmo said:

Well maybe if they delete the island and replace it with the dlc map when buying a dlc it could maybe work

And also delete everything we have been spending our time on? Our bases? Our tames? Everything we have been grinding hours on to get? Definetly a big no for me.

My suggestion would be to make each map (if they even add any) a different application (app) for your movile device. As adding all of the new maps onto the same app would probably make the game unplayable with constant game crashes and lagging. Plus, mobile devices probably wouldn't be able to handle it all.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 4:12 PM, Megalosaurus said:

I agree with you all it would be too much for the device to handle but the roadmap says in 2019 they will add 'a place you've never seen before...'

Why is RAG suddenly more taxing on a device than the current map. It would take a lot of work to port it to mobile, but getting it to run on mobile isn't exactly the problem I see. 

Archived