\src\common\contentmanifest.cpp (650) : Assertion Failed: !m_bIsFinalized

Sphere

I cannot update my servers, because of this error. The Internet is pretty much useless, and even with reinstalling steam, and reinstalling the servers, and trying to copy over mod files from the game itself, nothing worked.

At present, my entire server is out of order, and I cannot fix it. The skills required to fix it are out of my reach it appears.

• Volunteer Moderator

You can update it, you just need to let the S+ update finish. When you see the lines like this on the Steam update:

Just leave the window open for a few minutes, go make a coffee or something. After about 5 minutes, probably not even that, it will successfully finish.

On 8/6/2018 at 5:49 PM, GP said:

You can update it, you just need to let the S+ update finish. When you see the lines like this on the Steam update:

Just leave the window open for a few minutes, go make a coffee or something. After about 5 minutes, probably not even that, it will successfully finish.

It was because of S+ that I was getting this error, I tried this 10 times over 30 minutes and it is the first time I have seen it.

What fixed it for me, was to close ASM down and restart it and then do the update/verify again and it went through without an issue.

I will also point out that S+ was the only mod required updating, the game was already updated, but it did want to keep verifying it till I restarted ASM.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

It was because of S+ that I was getting this error, I tried this 10 times over 30 minutes and it is the first time I have seen it.

What fixed it for me, was to close ASM down and restart it and then do the update/verify again and it went through without an issue.

I will also point out that S+ was the only mod required updating, the game was already updated, but it did want to keep verifying it till I restarted ASM.

10 times over 30 minutes? Well you didn't leave it long enough. If you leave it for 5 minutes and go do something else it would have finished successfully.

29 minutes ago, GP said:

10 times over 30 minutes? Well you didn't leave it long enough. If you leave it for 5 minutes and go do something else it would have finished successfully.

I tried that.

But with all the S+ updates over the last few weeks, why would it do this error with only this mod being updated? And why only this time and not all the previous times?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I tried that.

But with all the S+ updates over the last few weeks, why would it do this error with only this mod being updated? And why only this time and not all the previous times?

I believe it is not specifically S+, as I know that HostHavoc have a notification on their mod update tool that Steam is causing those lines to appear and that if they do appear to leave it running. So it may not just be S+ that is doing it. Also, HostHavoc have now made changes to their mod update tool and today I didn't get the issues, therefore, that makes it sound like it was a Steam issue, not S+.

Also you said you tried it 10 times over 30 minutes, so you wouldn't have left it for 5+ minutes if you squeezed 10 attempts in such a short space of time.

7 minutes ago, GP said:

I believe it is not specifically S+, as I know that HostHavoc have a notification on their mod update tool that Steam is causing those lines to appear and that if they do appear to leave it running. So it may not just be S+ that is doing it. Also, HostHavoc have now made changes to their mod update tool and today I didn't get the issues, therefore, that makes it sound like it was a Steam issue, not S+.

Also you said you tried it 10 times over 30 minutes, so you wouldn't have left it for 5+ minutes if you squeezed 10 attempts in such a short space of time.

Yes that is correct I did try it 10 times in 30 minutes, but earlier in the day I tried once and came back an hour later with a console with thousands of these errors. I have never known S+ to take more than 5 mins (roughly) to update on my connection.

It is not just Ark this happens on any Steam games that you can host a dedicated server for. From what I was told it apparently it’s a SteamCMD bug that seems to impact other games, both on Windows and Linux. As far as solo play it seems only certain mods will cause that in any games. not sure if this is helpful or not to some people, but on some games deleting the appmanifest_xxxxx.acf in the steam apps folder fixes it but not always. 

Archived