Trouble setting up a cluster

bdubyah

Alright, so I have had a local dedicated server for ARK for a while. I've been playing Aberration off and on and finally beat Rockwell and wanted to set up a cluster so I can move on to a new map, but be able to easily come back, or in case my buddies want to play again.

I added another line in my server launch bat file and set it up to launch Ragnarok, added the Altsave directory stuff and changed the ports so it wasn't the same as my Ab server. It launched 2 servers, and I can connect to both, but it won't save anything. Just for testing, I removed my save data from my Ab server and made a new character. But everytime I joined back, it wanted me to make a new one. So I removed the Altsave bit from the Ab line so it would just read the existing save data. That worked, loaded right up into my old base with everything intact.

I uploaded a drake and then transferred myself to the Rag server. Everything loaded and I had my lvl 100 character and my drake on Rag. But then my game crashed and when I loaded Rag back, it wanted me to create a new character. I walked around and actually found my original character and drake. But once I restarted the server, even they were gone. It won't seem to save anything.

Is there something I need to do differently? I have the Ab server to save in its original location and the Rag server to a new folder at C:\arkserverRag. But it isn't putting anything in that folder.

Here is my server launch lines:

start ShooterGameServer.exe "Aberration_P?SessionName=....?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?ServerPassword=...?ServerAdminPassword=...?listen?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true" -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=bdizzle
start ShooterGameServer.exe "Ragnarok?SessionName=...?AltSaveDirectoryName=C:\arkserverRag?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?ServerPassword=...?ServerAdminPassword=...?listen?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true" -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=bdizzle
exit

all in one bat file. Is that right? The ... is just to hide my info. Do I need two completely separate ARK dedi server installs with two separate bat files to launch the servers?

Both servers need to share the same Cluster Directory   

-ClusterDirOverride=C:/TestStorage/

Both servers should have unique save directories.

start ShooterGameServer.exe "Aberration_P?SessionName=....?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?ServerPassword=...?ServerAdminPassword=...?listen?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedAb" -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=bdizzle -ClusterDirOverride=C:\ArkCluster
start ShooterGameServer.exe "Ragnarok?SessionName=...?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?ServerPassword=...?ServerAdminPassword=...?listen?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedRag" -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=bdizzle -ClusterDirOverride=C:\ArkCluster
exit

If you specify relative pathnames for the save directories, they will go into the general "Saved" folder.  You might need to create the directory before launching the server.

Okay, I saw the -ClusterDirOverride line before but it didn't seem required. I started the servers and it created the Ab and Rag folder in my server's Saved folder. Looks good. Gonna hop and and test it just to make sure it is working now.

One more question: I know I can now move the original Ab save file into the new Ab folder it created to keep my progress, and I'm assuming I can move all player and tribe data too. But will it carry the tribe data and stuff over to Rag once I transfer to that server the first time? Just wanting to make sure it'll all be kosher.

And thanks so much for sorting out my mistakes! I appreciate it very much!

14 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Okay, I saw the -ClusterDirOverride line before but it didn't seem required. I started the servers and it created the Ab and Rag folder in my server's Saved folder. Looks good. Gonna hop and and test it just to make sure it is working now.

One more question: I know I can now move the original Ab save file into the new Ab folder it created to keep my progress, and I'm assuming I can move all player and tribe data too. But will it carry the tribe data and stuff over to Rag once I transfer to that server the first time? Just wanting to make sure it'll all be kosher.

And thanks so much for sorting out my mistakes! I appreciate it very much!

Tribe and Survivor data is independent on each map.

Some people like to have a survivor on Ab and another on Rag - which needs the maps to be in their own "save" directories because they will have a survivor file in each directory.

Some people like to have just one survivor.  When they upload themselves (for example) from Rag, their survivor file will go out of the Rag directory into the cluster directory.  When they download themselves onto Ab, their file will move from the cluster dir into Ab's save directory.

You shouldn't manually move survivor and tribe files between the directories.  Let Ark manage its own files.

Survivors have to create tribes on each map they travel to.  That's just the way Ark works.

Archived