Is this a fair punishment?

Rohun

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paroxyde said:

Then if they can pick up fert eggs, it says that's not your asset anymore. Either they can steal or they can kite, pick your poison. 

They need to change it so fertilized eggs cant be picked up after a player initially drops them except for by the player that dropped them, its basically griefing to steal fertilized eggs.

Just now, RipRavage said:

They need to change it so fertilized eggs cant be picked up after a player initially drops them except for by the player that dropped them, its basically griefing to steal fertilized eggs.

Not really... Just hatch them indoor. I mean, if the guy sneak inside and steal it, yeah sure. But if you just hatch in the open, it's free game. 

A fair punishment would be making a pin with a giant hatchframe and then dropping in high lvl dinos till it gets killed [emoji1]

Tbh the struggles of pve r retarded pvp is much easier to deal with t hi s stuff

And also if u think that just because u drop a egg in your base that no one else is gonna pick it up except ur""""" tribe"""""

Then your sadly mistaken
Welcome to ark where no one care for eachother and we find ways to screw each other,even on """pve""" servers

Just now, Paroxyde said:

Not really... Just hatch them indoor. I mean, if the guy sneak inside and steal it, yeah sure. But if you just hatch in the open, it's free game. 

Under that mentality then even if he snuck inside you would consider it fair game since he was able to do it.   PVE is about dealing with the threat of wild dinos and bosses, not about dealing with borderline trolls grabbing fertilized eggs.

Just now, RipRavage said:

Under that mentality then even if he snuck inside you would consider it fair game since he was able to do it.   PVE is about dealing with the threat of wild dinos and bosses, not about dealing with borderline trolls grabbing fertilized eggs.

Well, it's also your bad for letting the door open... But snooping in an other's base is not really forbidden, is it? Might as well add an anti-player forcefield to all claimed land while you are at it. 

Pve is not really pve
Trolls are everywhere and when u get to u or your stuff theres no way to get it back

U cant build anywhere because if someone decided to pillar everything up

5 minutes ago, thebeasst1 said:

A fair punishment would be making a pin with a giant hatchframe and then dropping in high lvl dinos till it gets killed emoji1.png

Tbh the struggles of pve r retarded pvp is much easier to deal with t hi s stuff

And also if u think that just because u drop a egg in your base that no one else is gonna pick it up except ur""""" tribe"""""

Then your sadly mistaken
Welcome to ark where no one care for eachother and we find ways to screw each other,even on """pve""" servers

Well, one less egg for you is one more slot for me ;)

Just now, Paroxyde said:

Well, it's also your bad for letting the door open... But snooping in an other's base is not really forbidden, is it? Might as well add an anti-player forcefield to all claimed land while you are at it. 

The purpose of PVE is for the people that cant handle PVP gameplay, but want help dealing with surviving and fighting bosses, not behaving cancerously and trolling other players and spouting the same Machiavellian BS that every kid in PVP lives by.

The purpose of PVE is for the people that cant handle PVP gameplay, but want help dealing with surviving and fighting bosses, not behaving cancerously and trolling other players and spouting the same Machiavellian BS that every kid in PVP lives by.
Its mostly the kids that are trolling
This generation is screwed tbh

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

PvE is a breeding ground for trolls that are not good enough to survive PvP

"Don't harm others but protect yourself against it." You may be nice, but you know nothing about your neighbors. So yeah, E includes them. 

Honestly trolls suck but it happens. We didnt know we had a small hole in our base and had an egg stolen. We caught the guy later and got the egg back but we should have made sure our area was secure. Trolls will happen in any kind of game. Pve or not. As far as the kibble eggs go. If you dont want to share lock up your dinos. 

7 minutes ago, thebeasst1 said:

Weren't we all mischievous when we were young? It's just that pranking your friend turned into trolling strangers over internet. But it's basically the same. They eventually grow out of it sooner or later. Or they die before, but eh. 

36 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

There is a mode for that.. it is called Single player... 

24 minutes ago, Konaha said:

Honestly trolls suck but it happens. We didnt know we had a small hole in our base and had an egg stolen. We caught the guy later and got the egg back but we should have made sure our area was secure. Trolls will happen in any kind of game. Pve or not. As far as the kibble eggs go. If you dont want to share lock up your dinos. 

The issue isn't that trolls exist, the issue is that the OP's friend caught a troll and gave them their comeuppance and the troll decided to cry like a baby and use the poorly written COC against them.

33 minutes ago, thebeasst1 said:

Not true.. we had an adult Chinese man do it to us. He gave the egg back like Kona stated.. tried to bring us a grown wyv as a sorry. He ragged on society because he left his door open and someone stole his Ptera eggs. We don't even have Pteras.. they are useless to us.. but he still came into our base via one small crack and stole a 185 light egg that was cooking down.. Since this we have plugged all holes and secured our incubation room. No more trollin us! 

8 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

The issue isn't that trolls exist, the issue is that the OP's friend caught a troll and gave them their comeuppance and the troll decided to cry like a baby and use the poorly written COC against them.

He is crying over KIBBLE EGGS meaning eggs that fall out a dino onto the ground.. You leave em in the open people gunna come get it. Yea he feels he was wronged. I get it. I had tribemates that lost their poop when someone got away with a kibble egg. It's never bothered me. This dude took his revenge. If he doesn't enclose his eggers there will be more people coming for his eggs. PERIOD. 

I don't get why people think PvE isn't competitive.. because it is due to the people we have to contend with and share a server with. It is always going to have trolls. How you deal with them and how you follow the CoC is up to you.

Just now, Foxiefyre said:

He is crying over KIBBLE EGGS meaning eggs that fall out a dino onto the ground.. You leave em in the open people gunna come get it. Yea he feels he was wronged. I get it. I had tribemates that lost their poop when someone got away with a kibble egg. It's never bothered me. This dude took his revenge. If he doesn't enclose his eggers there will be more people coming for his eggs. PERIOD. 

So the thief should be protected by COC, but not the victim...  The thief was stupid enough to leave their griffin unattended, but the COC protects blocking of dinos, so that wrong right?  I highly doubt the COC was written with this scenario in mind.

As for only tribe mates and the person dropping the eggs picking that up. Its a good idea and bad idea. I've saved countless eggs for people on my server that were allies by picking them up before they accidentally popped. Kibble eggs. Man just spread the wealth around. 9/10 I would not ever be upset by someone "stealing" kibble eggs. Why? Because its quickly replaced and guenteed it would have just poofed anyways. Troll or not. It's not like the guy was taking fertalized eggs. 

Just now, Foxiefyre said:

He isn't a victim. He is CHOOSING to leave his dinos in the open. That makes it fair game unless you have a force field. 

And the thief chose to leave his griffin there to get blocked in, that makes that fair game in my mind since he was trespassing, but the COC says otherwise.  You have a bad rule written to protect a thief. 

And the OP wasn't crying about the eggs getting stolen, he is talking about the thief trying to use the Code of Conduct against him because he detained the guys griffin in his own base. 

Archived