Is this a fair punishment?

Rohun

My friend caught himself a thief :D, This particular thief came into his property and stole his kibble eggs. However he didn't notice my friend was active around the base and so my friend boxed in his tame and left him a friendly message.

The thief now is claiming to get justice done by the GM.

Who do you think is in the right?

I personally think it's a fair punishment.

AugsXHn.jpg

#Rag 434

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind. I don't think infringing CoC is forgivable when stealing your eggs is mostly your fault... Secure your hatchery with 5 layers of protection with doors not close to each other. With an exit for the dinos that you use only when there are no more eggs. 

And I don't think you are allowed to discuss this here? Not sure, will see if it gets locked I guess. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Boxing someone else tames on officials PvE server is punishable. According to the Code of Conduct:

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Blocking in other tribes dinos

I'd say that, and that is my personal opinion, if you leave your eggs incubating where anyone can pick them then you have to assume if someone do pass by and pick them up. And maybe learn from your mistake and build walls around your incubator.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Boxing someone else tames on officials PvE server is punishable. According to the Code of Conduct:

I'd say that, and that is my personal opinion, if you leave your eggs incubating where anyone can pick them then you have to assume if someone do pass by and pick them up. And maybe learn from your mistake and build walls around your incubator.

Just out of curiosity what's the consequences of violating the CoC in this particular situation ?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Rohun said:

Just out of curiosity what's the consequences of violating the CoC in this particular situation ?

It is mentioned in the first few lines:

Failure to abide by our code of conduct can result in the removal of your structures, creatures, items or banning of your account from the Official Network and all BattlEye Protected Servers.

If this is PVE and and something like trapping a thief can get you banned they need to change it so fertilized eggs can’t be picked up by others.  How do you make it so that you cant snag other people’s tames that they are working on or kite dinos into them to ruin the tame, but stealing a fertilized egg somebody may have paid lots of resources for is fine, that’s just stupid.  You are basically protecting some jerk that is robbing this guy with literally no chance of retaliation.  It’s not like the punisher went into the thief’s base and griefed, he did it in his own base.  Crap like this is why I’m glad I play single player.

1 hour ago, Rohun said:

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

If this is PVE and and something like trapping a thief can get you banned they need to change it so fertilized eggs can’t be picked up by others.  How do you make it so that you cant snag other people’s tames that they are working on or kite dinos into them to ruin the tame, but stealing a fertilized egg somebody may have paid lots of resources for is fine, that’s just stupid.  You are basically protecting some jerk that is robbing this guy with literally no chance of retaliation.  It’s not like the punisher went into the thief’s base and griefed, he did it in his own base.  Crap like this is why I’m glad I play single player.

Noone is justifying what the theif did. It was scummy. Ill give you a scenerio. During the character loss fiasco my friend lost his character. We were all allies in our own tribes (tame cap) and as he awaited a GM appointment to get back in his tribe (and new character) someone glitched in his base via a wyvern tail and claimed his dinos. The theif submitted a ticket and a GM came and deleted half his base to get the dinos out.

We tried and tried to plead with the GM but to no avail. The theif got away with my friends prized tames and over a year worth of breeds / tames. CoC is a bitch. I only play unofficial now :) 

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

By not hatching in the open? The house bonus helps the hatching anyway, so might as well, just a 4*4*4 cube with a bed, a generator, some salt jars, some preserving bin, some fridges, a U shaped 30ACs formation 7-7-1-1-7-7 and a nice dino gate will do just fine. You should be able to hatch most eggs anywhere in the room and about 4-5 drake eggs in the middle. 

3 minutes ago, Novawiz00 said:

I see nothing wrong with this. 1st. He gives the person option to get back their Dino. 2nd. If you land within someone’s walls, they have the right to build wherever they like with in the walls. 3rd. We shouldn’t encourage more buildings because all that leads to is lag. 

I appreciate everyone arguments on this particular situation, especially with the quoted post. I don't see why many of us need to go to the extra length to "protect" the eggs. We shouldn't need to do that.

But there also needs to be something in place for those who wish to do something like this in the open. like ex:

If any egg was dropped within someones claimed area it should  only be intractable within the tribe (picking up the egg ect ect)
Maybe implement a "unclaim egg" option on eggs without adding it to tame slot!!!

But then again this can cause bit of a efy situation if one was a breeder / trader  idk just my suggestions and rambling.

13 minutes ago, Novawiz00 said:

I see nothing wrong with this. 1st. He gives the person option to get back their Dino. 2nd. If you land within someone’s walls, they have the right to build wherever they like with in the walls. 3rd. We shouldn’t encourage more buildings because all that leads to is lag. 

1) If you point a gun at someone who took your cereal bar you left on the common area and say "if you don't give me back my cereal bar, I'll shoot" then you shoot. I'm pretty sure you will go to jail. 

2) Read the CoC, if he gets stuck, it's his problem, but you deliberately built to block him and that's the problem. If a thief fell from your wall and died, that's his problem. If a thief is pushed by you and he died, you will need to pay a hefty sum to his family and might be facing a prison sentence. 

3) That's just bs... A hatching room takes almost no place. A 4*10*7 can have all the industrial stuff, a decent greenhouse, plenty of storage and a hatching room. Along with a behemoth gate fence for the dinos. That's nothing to load. The problem is the dinos. 

25 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

By not hatching in the open? The house bonus helps the hatching anyway, so might as well, just a 4*4*4 cube with a bed, a generator, some salt jars, some preserving bin, some fridges, a U shaped 30ACs formation 7-7-1-1-7-7 and a nice dino gate will do just fine. You should be able to hatch most eggs anywhere in the room and about 4-5 drake eggs in the middle. 

It doesn’t matter if you should build a certain way, the mode is called Player vs ENVIRONMENT, not Player vs Environment and thieves.  People stealing eggs is a PVP element, you know, since it involves another player screwing up your game progress and not the environment.

12 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

It doesn’t matter if you should build a certain way, the mode is called Player vs ENVIRONMENT, not Player vs Environment and thieves.  People stealing eggs is a PVP element, you know, since it involves another player screwing up your game progress and not the environment.

The thieves are included in the environment... Please look up the definition of environment... What's the environment of a restaurants? Clients, suppliers, competitors, the law... 

And not protecting eggs is more a negligence from you than thievery by him. If you throw something on the ground, it's everyone's. That's why you should always trade with pin locked boxes or vaults and hatch in a hatchery. Same with taming. Nothing forbids a player from killing your 180 tek rex you are tranqing for meat, so lure to a tame box to protect it from wild and players. (mostly a taming raft due to pillars). 

20 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

The thieves are included in the environment... Please look up the definition of environment... What's the environment of a restaurants? Clients, suppliers, competitors, the law... 

And not protecting eggs is more a negligence from you than thievery by him. If you throw something on the ground, it's everyone's. That's why you should always trade with pin locked boxes or vaults and hatch in a hatchery. Same with taming. Nothing forbids a player to not kill your 180 tek rex you are tranqing for meat, so lure to a tame box to protect it from wild and players. 

No they are not, they are controlled by a player, you are just trying to grasp at straws.  If that was the case it would be perfectly legal for Players to kite dinos into bases, since it’s all one big part of the environment, but it’s not.

From wikipedia

Player versus environment, or PvE (also known as player versus monster, or PvM in some communities), is a term used in online games, particularly MMORPGs, CORPGs, MUDs, and other online role-playing video games, to refer to fighting computer-controlled enemies[1]—in contrast to PvP (player versus player).

I think this is funny..

However, if you leave egg laying dinos in the open.. even if it is behind your gates they are free game. I personally purposely put my eggers outside (when I was in a two man tribe, those days are long gone) so if others flying by saw an egg the needed they could grab it instead taming another useless dino for cap. I mean we are a community after all no?

Read the CoC.. know it. WC expects you to be up to date on it. It isn't their job to tell you to read it. 

If you don't want others getting your kibble eggs you need to enclose your area. Plain and simple. People can cry about the building lag.. but it is really the Behem gate fences that are lagging everyone.

9 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

No they are not, they are controlled by a player, you are just trying to grasp at straws.  If that was the case it would be perfectly legal for Players to kite dinos into bases, since it’s all one big part of the environment, but it’s not.

You use to be able to.. and WC would say the game is working as intended. Just recently did they change their stance on this in PvE.

13 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Actually, if it's not yours yet (downed but not tamed) they are allowed to kite dinos to it. They are also allowed to kite them around your base and leave them there. 

Also if your base is in ORP, they are allowed to as the action won't destroy your asset, it's you turning ORP off by connecting that kills them. 

3 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Actually, if it's not yours yet (downed but not tamed) they are allowed to kite dinos to it. They are also allowed to kite them around your base and leave them there. 

No, if its down, then it is tribe property and can only be tamed by said tribe.

From the COC

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

Just now, Foxiefyre said:

Not anymore Paroxyde .. If someone gets screen shots and video of you doing that it is considered player griefing and banable. 

Well, if he is offline, doubt anyone would ss that. And I stumbled upon a post a month ago I think, where they just kited titans to people's base with dummy characters and tribe by switching them. And they could do nothing about it...

Archived