Daimon03

With Extinction DLC just around the corner (not really) I was wondering if I had missed out on any news regarding a Scorched TLC patch. I remember Wildcard talking about it a while ago as well as seeing some leaked Scorched TEK engrams such as a TEK wyvern saddle but haven't heard anything since then. Does anyone know if they are still working on this? Just kinda of feel like we're missing a chunk of the story as it is and a TEK TLC patch would add some welcome content to Scorched.

3 hours ago, Daimon03 said:

With Extinction DLC just around the corner (not really) I was wondering if I had missed out on any news regarding a Scorched TLC patch. I remember Wildcard talking about it a while ago as well as seeing some leaked Scorched TEK engrams such as a TEK wyvern saddle but haven't heard anything since then. Does anyone know if they are still working on this? Just kinda of feel like we're missing a chunk of the story as it is and a TEK TLC patch would add some welcome content to Scorched.

The saddle was a leaked workshop item and it turned out to be the tek saddle for rock drakes (they kind of look alike morphologicaly). The leaks were for not for SE but for Aberration. So no, no news beside the few changes they did (spoil timer/electrical storm/titano).

Considering there are a lot of shared dino's in SE, some already had TLC and as mentioned above that came with some tweaks to certain mechanics. And considering the whole TLC stuff got put on hold because of people wanting more bug fixes, and the new DLC soon to be released, if we are going to see anymore TLC changes (wyvern landing could do with some TLC tbh) its going to be after all the things already stuck in the pipe-line.

4 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

The saddle was a leaked workshop item and it turned out to be the tek saddle for rock drakes (they kind of look alike morphologicaly). The leaks were for not for SE but for Aberration. So no, no news beside the few changes they did (spoil timer/electrical storm/titano).

If you go back and look at a google picture of the wyvern tek saddle it looks nothing alike the current drake one and also fits perfectly on a wyvern..

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 10:19 AM, Paroxyde said:

The Tek Drake looks nothing like the Tek Wyvern saddle, tf.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 11:19 AM, Paroxyde said:

There is no damn way that leaked saddle was for a Rock Drake, it fit perfectly on Wyverns and even had visible wing extensions. It was 100% designed for them, but for whatever reason it's never seen the light of day. I hope that changes, and I also hope it's something more interesting than Plasma Cannons. After-Burner for increased travel rate or Breath Amplification would be amazing.

3 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

There is no damn way that leaked saddle was for a Rock Drake, it fit perfectly on Wyverns and even had visible wing extensions. It was 100% designed for them, but for whatever reason it's never seen the light of day. I hope that changes, and I also hope it's something more interesting than Plasma Cannons. After-Burner for increased travel rate or Breath Amplification would be amazing.

Poison wyverns that breath multiple flaming poison bombs or lightning wyverns that breath lightning sound waves. Hell, even the afterburner idea would be epic, even more so with colorable flames. I totally want a flame wyvern with a black tek saddle and pink afterburner flames

26 minutes ago, Bull1128 said:

Poison wyverns that breath multiple flaming poison bombs or lightning wyverns that breath lightning sound waves. Hell, even the afterburner idea would be epic, even more so with colorable flames. I totally want a flame wyvern with a black tek saddle and pink afterburner flames

Playing off those ideas... If you did go with Breath Amplification I think it would be reasonable to consume 1-3 Element per plug in exchange for devastating effects.

For Lightning Wyvern, the Tek Saddle could store up the discharge from one full volley and then release it all at a single point to generate a Thundeclap with high knockback, a lengthy stun, and significant damage. Close range only of course.

For Poison, the Saddle could draw an immense quantity of the toxins from the Wyvern's body and pressurize it to create a kind of acid vomit that deals DoT as long as you're within the pool and rapidly degrades armor and weapon quality. Alternatively, perhaps a mid-range projectile that erupts into a large cloud of ignitable gas?

For Fire, the Saddle could concentrate the flame breath into a small point generating a potent stream of blue fire which deals greatly increased damage but with a far narrower scope. Although that's kinda just a rehash of Standard Lightning Breath... Maybe a long range explosive fireball?

I love coming with ideas like these. ❤️

Also I low key want the Ice Wyverns to become canon somehow. Scorched Earth TLC FTW!!

7 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

Playing off those ideas... If you did go with Breath Amplification I think it would be reasonable to consume 1-3 Element per plug in exchange for devastating effects.

For Lightning Wyvern, the Tek Saddle could store up the discharge from one full volley and then release it all at a single point to generate a Thundeclap with high knockback, a lengthy stun, and significant damage. Close range only of course.

For Poison, the Saddle could draw an immense quantity of the toxins from the Wyvern's body and pressurize it to create a kind of acid vomit that deals DoT as long as you're within the pool and rapidly degrades armor and weapon quality. Alternatively, perhaps a mid-range projectile that erupts into a large cloud of ignitable gas?

For Fire, the Saddle could concentrate the flame breath into a small point generating a potent stream of blue fire which deals greatly increased damage but with a far narrower scope. 

I love coming with ideas like these. ❤️

Also I low key want the Ice Wyverns to become canon somehow. Scorched Earth TLC FTW!!

Yes, yes and hell yes to the ice wyverns. For them i could totally see a Tek saddle that maybe gives them the ability to freeze things solid like the Managrmr from Extinction, but it's instead an AOE ice bomb that requires a good amount of element and has a cooldown. And to counter it, you either need a fire wyvern on your team to breath on you, or have another player that didn't get frozen use a flamethrower.

4 minutes ago, Bull1128 said:

Yes, yes and hell yes to the ice wyverns. For them i could totally see a Tek saddle that maybe gives them the ability to freeze things solid like the Managrmr from Extinction, but it's instead an AOE ice bomb that requires a good amount of element and has a cooldown. And to counter it, you either need a fire wyvern on your team to breath on you, or have another player that didn't get frozen use a flamethrower.

That would be boss.

Archived