Painful administrative tasks

TroyParry

Administrative tasks are very time consuming and painful in this game, who wants to spend 10% of their gaming time transferring items to and from chests and benches etc?

Some of the smallest improvements to the game will be the most appreciated, here’s a few things I would kill to see implemented:

1. Sort button, group similar items. I would like to just tap 1 button to group all my raw meat together, and also merge smaller stacks together. When I have dozens of 7 raw meat and want to consolidate them into a few larger stacks, I have to transfer dozens of stacks to my inventory, then back again to storage. This is hell to do on mobile, double-tap, transfer, double-tap, transfer. Over and over and over...

2. Multi-select button. Tap 1 button, highlight all the stacks I want, then either transfer or drop. Once again this is a very tedious task hen transferring items to storage or to benches etc. 

3. Why do I need to transfer 27 stacks wood/stone/thatch from my storage to my inventory, then again to the smithy, just to create 1 Behemoth Stone Gateway? And often one would have to clear space in the Smithy to fit all this. If I’m inside the smithy, and part of the items are in my inventory, it should take from my inventory too. 

These 3 pointers take up a large portion of my game time, wouldn’t you prefer us playing them game more instead of doing all these repetitive tiring tasks?

i know these ideas wouldn’t take all that long to implement, and they would be immencly appreciated by everyone. I hope you can take these suggestions and have them implemented soon.

house keeping is very important, that why you need at least one character (either you or your tribe members) to have max weight / leg day.

With that, sort the storage base on the items. If from the scratch, you and your tribe members are lazy to sort, there are no way we can help.

The game developers have help by having 350 item space for vault and it is huge compared to the past.

18 hours ago, currycrab said:

house keeping is very important, that why you need at least one character (either you or your tribe members) to have max weight / leg day.

With that, sort the storage base on the items. If from the scratch, you and your tribe members are lazy to sort, there are no way we can help.

The game developers have help by having 350 item space for vault and it is huge compared to the past.

I think you totally missed the point of my post. Nowhere did I mention we need to be able to carry more or store more, it’s about simple sort button, and multi-select. FYI I’m in single player world.

I think you totally missed the point of my post. Nowhere did I mention we need to be able to carry more or store more, it’s about simple sort button, and multi-select. FYI I’m in single player world.
that's a great idea! I hear you. I'm in multiplayer but it's still frustrating when I need to repair the metal walls in my pvp base from the last raid and everyone's out gathering resources and I'm trying to put a ton of metal into a tame to give to the crafter and there's just so many. (500 metal ingots) I then had to remove about 600 raw meat from the tame and a ton of thatch just to make room for the metal and it's just killing me. Tap. Double tap. Tap. Double tap. And it's like ugh. Can this go any faster??? And when we have the babies too that also need feeding IN THAT MOMENT OR THEY'LL DIE. (twin Baby pternodons, a quetz, giga, and rex to be persise. We keep food cached just about everywhere for babies.) So it's very time consuming and its way more efficient for a multi select botten. A.k.a. rex nearly died because of that.

On 8/4/2018 at 6:08 PM, TroyParry said:

Administrative tasks are very time consuming and painful in this game, who wants to spend 10% of their gaming time transferring items to and from chests and benches etc?

Some of the smallest improvements to the game will be the most appreciated, here’s a few things I would kill to see implemented:

1. Sort button, group similar items. I would like to just tap 1 button to group all my raw meat together, and also merge smaller stacks together. When I have dozens of 7 raw meat and want to consolidate them into a few larger stacks, I have to transfer dozens of stacks to my inventory, then back again to storage. This is hell to do on mobile, double-tap, transfer, double-tap, transfer. Over and over and over...

2. Multi-select button. Tap 1 button, highlight all the stacks I want, then either transfer or drop. Once again this is a very tedious task hen transferring items to storage or to benches etc. 

3. Why do I need to transfer 27 stacks wood/stone/thatch from my storage to my inventory, then again to the smithy, just to create 1 Behemoth Stone Gateway? And often one would have to clear space in the Smithy to fit all this. If I’m inside the smithy, and part of the items are in my inventory, it should take from my inventory too. 

These 3 pointers take up a large portion of my game time, wouldn’t you prefer us playing them game more instead of doing all these repetitive tiring tasks?

i know these ideas wouldn’t take all that long to implement, and they would be immencly appreciated by everyone. I hope you can take these suggestions and have them implemented soon.

Agreed!

Personally, I would like to see a “drop all of type” and “transfer all of type” button. For example, when I’m out farming thatch on my Bronto, I could click drop all for only berries while still keeping everything else. I’d also like to be able to split stacks although the devs have hinted this is coming soon

9 hours ago, SprayTan said:

Personally, I would like to see a “drop all of type” and “transfer all of type” button. For example, when I’m out farming thatch on my Bronto, I could click drop all for only berries while still keeping everything else. I’d also like to be able to split stacks although the devs have hinted this is coming soon

I do a agree - a transfer and drop „all of this specfic item“ would be the most helpful function

• GroveStreet
3 hours ago, TroyParry said:

Here's a supporting video showing how tedious and time consuming it is to find and drop items, and to transfer them to storage. It's a long video, you will probably get tired due to how slow and tedious the tasks are.

I love that you made a video! Our team is looking into ways we can make inventory management more efficient. Stay tuned, we hope to have something in a future update.

Archived